News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else hate winter with a passion?

Started by jeryst, December 05, 2009, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

You did pretty good describing the great state of Texas until you got to the "lowest-cost-of-living " part. Insurance costs in Texas is plumb crazy.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jeryst

Quote from: Tilar on December 07, 2009, 05:08:37 AM
You did pretty good describing the great state of Texas until you got to the "lowest-cost-of-living " part. Insurance costs in Texas is plumb crazy.

Are insurance costs high all over Texas? In PA, rates are a lot higher if you live in or near a large city, but lower if you live in the sticks.

BB1

Quote from: jeryst on December 07, 2009, 02:04:20 AM
Quote from: BB1 on December 06, 2009, 11:40:35 AM
Move, Move, Move.  :cheers:

Okay, so what's the most musclecar-friendly, handgun-friendly, no-snow, lowest-cost-of-living state where you can drive your car all year long?

Arizona tri state area, old car heaven, low living expense, gun-friendly, no snow.
Average temp in Dec is 64f low 42f same with Dec.
Las Vegas is 80 miles away, water sports, lake Mead, Powell, Havasu, Beautiful Colorado river.
Route 66 is a nice scenic drive anytime.   :coolgleamA:

I'll never leave.
Delete my profile

Mr.Woolery

What is this "winter" you speak of?  We've never heard that term used here in Southern California.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

BB1

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on December 07, 2009, 11:26:55 AM
What is this "winter" you speak of?  We've never heard that term used here in Southern California.

:shruggy: No Idea...  :D
Delete my profile

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: BB1 on December 07, 2009, 11:09:41 AM

Okay, so what's the most musclecar-friendly, handgun-friendly, no-snow, lowest-cost-of-living state where you can drive your car all year long?

Arizona tri state area, old car heaven, low living expense, gun-friendly, no snow.
Las Vegas is 80 miles away, water sports, lake Mead, Powell, Havasu, Beautiful Colorado river.

I'll never leave.

O.K,now describe your summer temps ......100 and what???????Feel like you opened the oven on thanksgiving?

CB

Wet, cold, slippery roads, depressed people, home when it's dark, salty roads,  ...

All reasons for me to hate winter.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

PocketThunder

I'll never leave.

If i wasnt married to a woman who cant go 3 weeks without seeing her mom, i'd be right there with you.  I suppose i could move but the plane tickets back home would kill me.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ponch ®

hmmm...winter is ok around here. rains, gets a little chilly (mid 50's during the day). We hit triple digits during the summer where I live, but if I can always make the 20 minute drive through the canyons to Malibu where it's up to 20 degrees cooler.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ranger Max on December 07, 2009, 05:02:25 PM
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around -26. Wind chill values as low as -34. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

BTW Kids are still gullible har har
I triple dog dare you .  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tilar

Quote from: jeryst on December 07, 2009, 07:54:43 AM
Quote from: Tilar on December 07, 2009, 05:08:37 AM

Are insurance costs high all over Texas? In PA, rates are a lot higher if you live in or near a large city, but lower if you live in the sticks.

I would assume yes but I don't know for sure. My place down there is roughly 4 miles from a town of roughly 100k people.  It cost me $500 a half to insure 2 cars down there with liability only. In Ohio I insure 4 cars, 3 with liability only and a 4x4 suburban with full coverage for less than $450 a half. I don't even want to discuss house insurance down there compared to Ohio.  That said, Property tax is dirt cheap. Probably 1/3 of what it is here in Ohio.

Oh, and I won't say I hate winter but I will say that I hate cold weather with a passion.  About the only way I like snow is looking at it on a post card. 
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

I noticed a bunch of people have started to get cabin fever already....there's like 3-4 threads with arguements going on.....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Akron_Charger

slick roads, cold, ice, snow, getting up 15 minutes earlier to let the car run and to scrap the windows, trying not to die on the way to work/school in the dark, coming home at 4 in the dark, roads still suck, depressed people, an hour away from Cedar Point and its closed, too cold to want to work on the car and the roads suck to want to be able to drive it, windy, meh, winters alright :D wheres summer? :shruggy:

Charger_Croatia

Well, we don't have such bad winters here along a coast, no snow, temperatures mostly between 10-15 degC (50-60 F), a lot of sunny days.  :coolgleamA:
But, my wife hates it anyway....She is summerholic person
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

jeryst

I'll never leave.

Didnt you guys just get like 20 inches of snow?

hemigeno

Quote from: jeryst on December 08, 2009, 09:21:23 AM

I'll never leave.

It's a dry snow, so it only feels like 10".

:sarcasmalert:

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on December 08, 2009, 09:30:31 AM
Quote from: jeryst on December 08, 2009, 09:21:23 AM

It's a dry snow, so it only feels like 10".

:sarcasmalert:

HAHAAHAHAHAHA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol:    :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:    
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

I've learned to embrace it and I am teaching my children to do so as well.

Ponch ®

WTF? If I wanted to scrape frost off my car in the mornings I'd move to Minnesota. :-\

This is SoCal, for chrissakes! :nana:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 08, 2009, 02:02:13 PM
WTF? If I wanted to scrape frost off my car in the mornings I'd move to Minnesota. :-\

Do they even sell ice scrapers by you, or did you stand there & drag your driver's license back & forth across the windows?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 08, 2009, 02:20:00 PM

Do they even sell ice scrapers by you, or did you stand there & drag your driver's license back & forth across the windows?

I think I'd have to drive 2.5 hours up to the ski resorts to find an ice scraper (whatever that is...). No, I just stood there looking puzzled while the wife made little snow men on the roof of my car (see the far right side of the pic).

TeeWJay426

Another winter hater here.....  :wave:

I've lived in the Northeast all my life, and my tolerance for it decreases slightly with each passing year. Used to snowmobile and ski in my teens and twenties, but the expense and my lack of enthusiasm with each passing year led to them being abandoned. Once I retire, if I last that long, I'll never spend another winter in the Northeast again. I may have to be a 'snowbird' as I'm not crazy about extreme heat and humidity either- I've been in Arizona in August, and just because I can tolerate a sauna doesn't mean I want to live in one! The summers up here are nice (2009 being a major exception to that), so I'll just have to be migratory, since I don't think I can afford to live in anyplace with a climate considered to be ideal. (ie, Hawaii, Aruba, etc.....)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 08, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on December 08, 2009, 02:20:00 PM

I think I'd have to drive 2.5 hours up to the ski resorts to find an ice scraper (whatever that is...). No, I just stood there looking puzzled while the wife made little snow men on the roof of my car (see the far right side of the pic).

Don't have to scratch your windshield. Just turn on your defroster full blast, that's what it's there for (Californians don't know for the lack of experience with the stuff called "snow") Silly Californians lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722