News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger cody's 73 charger restoration (we have a motor!)

Started by charger_cody, March 14, 2009, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

charger_cody

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 17, 2010, 12:24:24 PM
lemmie see the strat you painted...  :drool5:
Haha ok ill see if I can et time tonight to take pics.

Cody

charger_cody

Does anyone have a pic of the underside of their 3rd gen? There are 2 triangle looking kinda blocks of steel, maybe a tranny mount? Not a clue where they go.

Also

There has to be some sort of linkage that goes from the shift handle to the shifter on the trans. Any pics of what it might look light?

Thanks in advance guys!!!!  :cheers:

Cody

71383bee

Quote from: charger_cody on March 17, 2010, 06:49:08 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the underside of their 3rd gen? There are 2 triangle looking kinda blocks of steel, maybe a tranny mount? Not a clue where they go.

Also

There has to be some sort of linkage that goes from the shift handle to the shifter on the trans. Any pics of what it might look light?

Cody

Slapstick I assume?  In this photo the shifter is actually lying on its side. 

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

69bronzeT5

Did you paint a Strat pickguard on the trunk lid? :icon_smile_big: Engine bay looks good!!!!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_cody

Quote from: 71383bee on March 17, 2010, 10:43:12 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on March 17, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Also

Cody

Slapstick I assume?  In this photo the shifter is actually lying on its side. 

Yes slapstick, that looks to be on the other end of what I need. From that pic it looks like there is a linkage from the handle to that bracket, then the bracket goes down right? If it goes down from there then I think it is a rod type thing with a braket on the end of it that goes torward the tranny shifter part.

Cody

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 17, 2010, 10:57:27 PM
Did you paint a Strat pickguard on the trunk lid? :icon_smile_big: Engine bay looks good!!!!

It was't a strat but I have painted a strat before  :smilielol: It was a washburn. And thanks buddy  :cheers:

Cody

charger_cody

Well boys my project has to stop for a bit. We are moving out into the country. Pretty excited because until then the charger will be moved to my uncles house. I'm also excited because I can start working again now that im graduated and save my duckies for that bulge hood and paint. I will let you guys know when everything is going down.

Oh and might I add that I will have my OWN garage that isn't by my dad's 69 notchback 440 cuda!!!!!!!

That and I got my own toolbox for graduation!!!!!!! Very satisfied with how things are going!!!!!  :coolgleamA: :icon_smile_cool: ;) :icon_smile_wink: :D

Cody!!!!