News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 69 Project (General Lee)

Started by Bobby41909, August 11, 2010, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knitz01

Looks really good. Looks like u started out with a pretty good looking car.

Bobby41909

Stopped by the paint shop today.  The General is all painted and cleared.  They started wet sanding and polishing the body.  All will be finished up next Friday, then it moves to the restoration shop for reassembly!  Can't wait....

Here are a few pictures:

Back N Black

JT01

AWSOME Your pics look a lot like mine from a few months ago

orange383

That looks absolutely amazing! The inside looks just as good as the outside!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

knitz01

Never gets old seeing that color.... Awsome work :2thumbs:

Bobby41909

Picked-up the General today from the paint shop.  Looks awesome!  We transported it back to the Restoration shop (just down the street) but what a trip... I was on pins and needles the whole time just hoping nothing unexpected happend.  Nothing did, we unloaded her and parked her for the re-assembly process. 

Color looks so nice...Big Bad Orange was the way to go IMO...in different light the color appears to change so much...all of these pictures were taken with my cell phone and its crazy to see the color change when looking at it now. 

Enjoy and I'll keep you posted....(sorry there are so many, I couldn't help myself)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Matthan

jb666

Looks nice  :cheers:

As for the Big Bad Orange... It's a personal preference 100%  :cheers:

autodynamics

Jake

Dude that is a killer pro build man. KUDOS!

JT01

Are you going to leave the fenders on when you but the motor in or are you going to take them back off?

Bobby41909

Quote from: JT01 on October 03, 2010, 09:55:29 AM
Are you going to leave the fenders on when you but the motor in or are you going to take them back off?

As I understand it, they are going to mount the motor to the K member and with the body/shell on a lift, lower the body onto the motor.  The fenders will stay.  I am told this is how Chrysler did it originally.  I'll take pictures and post them when ready.  First the motor needs to be built.  We have all the parts and the block has been machined so it should be soon.

JT01

Cool thats one good way to do it. Im taking my fenders off when I put my motor in just to be safe my k member is allready in my car

Bobby41909

Things are starting to move now that the guy who is restoring my car is back from vacation.  He is starting on the engine.  I got the manifolds back from coating and stainless back from polishing...The rotating assembly, heads and water pump are from 440 Source (512 cu setup).  Got the denominator intake off eBay, cleaned it up and painted it to match.  Although most everything is aluminum as you can see I am painting it all so it looks factory.

Also got the bumpers back from TriCity (re-chrome).  They look awesome.  Transmission has been rebuilt and ready for install!  Can't wait to start posting pictures of the car getting put back together.  For now enjoy!

Bobby41909

The engine, transmission and rear end went in today.  Things are really starting to move so hopefully I'll be able to take a test drive by the end of the year.  Here are a few pictures so far:

JT01

Memphis Mopar

Bob the car looks awesome... I am trying to find the time to get up to Josh's shop but been so busy.

lexxman

moparstuart

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 01, 2010, 08:05:54 PM
The engine, transmission and rear end went in today.  Things are really starting to move so hopefully I'll be able to take a test drive by the end of the year.  Here are a few pictures so far:

who's bracket set up are you using to mount the compressor under the alternator
?????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bobby41909

The bracket Set up is from Bouchillon performance.  Pretty cool set up, really cleans up the engine compartment since the lines can be hidden under the car or under the motor instead of on top of everything.

moparstuart

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 06, 2010, 09:21:20 PM
The bracket Set up is from Bouchillon performance.  Pretty cool set up, really cleans up the engine compartment since the lines can be hidden under the car or under the motor instead of on top of everything.
do you have to use an electric fuel pump ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE