News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not another 2006 Charger Thread!

Started by my73charger, December 21, 2005, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy a new Charger if it came in a 2 door coupe version?

Yes
10 (27%)
No
27 (73%)

Total Members Voted: 37

my73charger

Sorry guys.   Couldn't help it.  I just thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you would buy the new Charger if it came out in a 2 door coupe.   My thought is, why can't they at least make it available in a 2 door coupe and a 4 door sedan?   The option has been done before on other models.   Would you buy it in a 2 door version?

golden73

Even if it had 2 doors it would still be ugly  :horse:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemihead

In all politeness I'd have to say ... NOOOOOOO!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

twilt

Blown70

2 door concept car YEP, the magnum they made 2 or 4 NOPE nota chance.   

Tom

Chargen69

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Chargen69 on December 21, 2005, 07:31:39 PM
Is there an echo?      ;D
I thought my eyeglass prescription had failed...glad I'm not the only one, I see you're hearing things too. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

I like the current version however I am not in the market for a new car just yet.   Maybe late 2006, early 2007.   At that time I will decide.   

If I were in the market today it would be a toss up between a Mustang, a 300 or the Charger.   Of course I'd prefer the Mustang but my Wife and I are talking about a second child and let me tell you, it is a bitch getting that little girl (almost 2) in and out of the car seat in the back of my 2dr Sebring.   Especially in a snow-suit.   I don't have to do it that often, maybe three times a month but man it is akward.   I figure I'll end up with a Mustang as I am a 2dr guy at heart but I also must consider the Canadian winters.

Either way, the three cars mentioned above are the coolest looking reasonably priced cars available right now.

Troy

I don't care how many doors it has - the looks kill it for me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

No, I would rather just wait for the new Challenger to not be made.  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

andy74

my lease on my 03 grand am is up in may,and quite honestly ill probably either go with a new g6,or a used bonneville.i sell dodges for a living,but the cars i can afford(stratus/neon/short caravan)wont do it for me.if i get a deal on a used caravan i might do that,but other wise,im out of the new car market.who knows,i may be selling kias or hyundais by then any way.if the new charger was a 2 door sedan,and wasnt ugly,and wasnt 30 grand with a hemi,then i might consider it!

HAZZARDJOHN

There is no way that incarnation could ever be spruced up. I think it is time to pull the plug. If they are going to do retro they should follow fords example.   In the spring I am seriously considering getting a new mustang. My other cars are paid off. so I thought it would be a nice summer cruiser. But I probably won't considering I am building a new house.   :( but if I can swing it I certainly will. The new Challenger looks bad ass, but they need to make it affordable if it is going to sell. I can buy a new mustang GT for cheaper than my ranger. That is why they are a success. awondeful automobile, at a reasonable price. On the other hand there was the 2002 t-bird. An awesome car, but totally impractical and at a $40,000+ sticker price it fell flat after two years. Ford must of knew this because they only said they were going to make it for three years, so the fourth one was just gravy. But beleive me if it would have sold for around the mid 20k to mid 30k range   it would still be at the forefront of their lineup.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

my73charger

Sorry Ponch, I wasn't the other yes vote...guess we disagree again.  :rotz:

I agree that it is ugly, I would rather wait for the Challenger to not be made too...  Thats funny.. :icon_smile_big:

The original concept in a two door would have been nice.

I would be willing to buy a Stratus RT in the two door though.

andy74

they arent building the the 2 door stratus any more,they were a sales disappointment,and never performed up to the insurance rating difference.that 2 door pontiac g6 is a better buy,and like i said im a dodge dealer

694spdRT

I can somewhat understand the questionable market that DCX claims for 2 door cars. I think 70% of the new truck market is even extended cab now.

The only problem with the poor 2 door sales senario is they have not made anything like what we are asking for. With the exception of the Crossfire and Prowler which are limited market vehicles I think the Chrysler Sebring's, Stratus's, and Neon's are not real good indicators of the true 2 door market.

BTW: What ever happened to the younger crowd from the late 1980's and early 1990's era that bought the 2 door Dodge Daytona's, Pontiac Grand Am's, Pontiac Sunbird's, and the Chevy Cavalier's? I remember those "sporty" cars were everywhere. Is the younger generation all driving SUV's or foreign cars now? I know I would not be caught dead driving a 4 door when I was younger...in fact I was so cool that I drove a 2 door 1984 Aries K LE.   :D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Silver R/T

it would be magnum coupe...won't do it for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

'CUDA360

Quote from: andy74 on December 21, 2005, 09:08:45 PM
my lease on my 03 grand am is up in may,and quite honestly ill probably either go with a new g6,or a used bonneville.i sell dodges for a living,but the cars i can afford(stratus/neon/short caravan)wont do it for me.if i get a deal on a used caravan i might do that,but other wise,im out of the new car market.who knows,i may be selling kias or hyundais by then any way.if the new charger was a 2 door sedan,and wasnt ugly,and wasnt 30 grand with a hemi,then i might consider it!

Get the Caravan.. we love ours, good for lugging the inlaws around like this time of year

A new two door Charger for me is a no vote.   The Mustang would still kick its' butt in looks :rotz:
Not that I can afford either one right now

Charger1970

QuoteEven if it had 2 doors it would still be ugly 

I agree....still fugly.

I am saving up my lunch money and crossing my fingers for the new Challenger. :drive:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

ChargerBill

2 doors or not, it's ugly and pointless...I could get a Galant for less if I really wanted to drive an eyesore. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Quote from: my73charger on December 21, 2005, 06:38:28 PMMy thought is, why can't they at least make it available in a 2 door coupe and a 4 door sedan?

Because, they got the Challenger for the 2 door.  They don't need 2 niche cars directly competing with each other.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on December 22, 2005, 12:51:47 AM
Because, they got the Challenger for the 2 door.   They don't need 2 niche cars directly competing with each other.

Weren't you at one point echoing DCX's crap that a 2 door isn't viable in today's market? Now you're going to defend them by stating that they built an UGLY 4 door sedan BECAUSE of the Challenger? Do you REALLY think the Challenger was in the works way back when Creed and his cronies decided to build the Chagnum monstrosity? C'mon...do you work for the Germans or something? Are you the self appointed apologist, spinmeister and head of marketing on discussion forums, because I can't figure out why you keep defending DCX so much?
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 22, 2005, 01:05:56 AM
Quote from: Ghost on December 22, 2005, 12:51:47 AM
Because, they got the Challenger for the 2 door.  They don't need 2 niche cars directly competing with each other.

Weren't you at one point echoing DCX's crap that a 2 door isn't viable in today's market? Now you're going to defend them by stating that they built an UGLY 4 door sedan BECAUSE of the Challenger? Do you REALLY think the Challenger was in the works way back when Creed and his cronies decided to build the Chagnum monstrosity? C'mon...do you work for the Germans or something? Are you the self appointed apologist, spinmeister and head of marketing on discussion forums, because I can't figure out why you keep defending DCX so much?

Holy hell, you twisted my post around quite a ways....

I was saying, with the new Challenger, they won't make the Charger have a 2 door model.  Nothing more, nothing less. ::)  Lighten up a little bit...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dale The Bold

I would've bought the concept car even if they had built it with six doors.  Nothing would make me want the new "Charger."  Except maybe a hefty dose of estrogen.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on December 22, 2005, 01:11:29 AM
I was saying, with the new Challenger, they won't make the Charger have a 2 door model.   Nothing more, nothing less. ::)   Lighten up a little bit...

Dude, you can't have it both ways.... Not just in this thread, but on the whole you are always defending DCX and the Charger. The only difference is that BEFORE the Challenger you didn't have any justification for the Charger being a 4 door (except quoting Creedholes excuse) and now you point to the Challenger as the "reason".... it didn't exist back when that decision was made. I'm not twisting anything, just calling it like I see it. It's plain as day, you are in love with DCX...just admit it already...  :nana:
Life is a highway...

71Charger500

New ones are pricey.   Some kid at my school drives one.   Parents have bought him a new car every year of highschool.    :rotz:   He claims that he has the fastest car in the school and that he runs 10's with tires smokin' all the way down the track. Its a stock 340 horsepower R/T Chagnum.    ::)   I actually like the look of the car, and if they called it something else and it wasnt expensive for the 426 one, i'd consider it.   Point is, 2 or 4 doors, car is not a CHARGER.   :flame:
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: 71Charger500 on December 22, 2005, 01:27:33 AM
I actually like the look of the car, and if they called it something else and it wasnt expensive for the 426 one, i'd consider it.

The 426 one?
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Troy

Quote from: Dale The Bold on December 22, 2005, 01:31:40 AM
Quote from: 71Charger500 on December 22, 2005, 01:27:33 AM
I actually like the look of the car, and if they called it something else and it wasnt expensive for the 426 one, i'd consider it.

The 426 one?
I think he means the SRT8 with the 425 HP 6.1 liter Hemi. I could be wrong of course.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

my73charger

Quote from: andy74 on December 21, 2005, 10:20:49 PM
they arent building the the 2 door stratus any more,they were a sales disappointment,and never performed up to the insurance rating difference.that 2 door pontiac g6 is a better buy,and like i said im a dodge dealer

Man Daimler Chrysler sucks.  Wonder how long it will be before the Viper goes 4 door.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2 door Challenger guys.  It will probably hit the market as a variation of a 4 door Neon.

Shakey

Quote from: 694spdRT on December 21, 2005, 10:40:21 PM
BTW: What ever happened to the younger crowd from the late 1980's and early 1990's era that bought the 2 door Dodge Daytona's, Pontiac Grand Am's, Pontiac Sunbird's, and the Chevy Cavalier's? I remember those "sporty" cars were everywhere. Is the younger generation all driving SUV's or foreign cars now? I know I would not be caught dead driving a 4 door when I was younger...in fact I was so cool that I drove a 2 door 1984 Aries K LE.   :D

We (class of '87) have our Wives drive minivans to haul the kids around and the Dads usually drive 4dr sedans in case we have to pick them (and perhaps a friend or two) from school or take them to hockey practice!

I personally, still drive a 2dr and you can see how I feel about it in my post above.   

As far as the younger generation, from what I see - the perfomance minded guys are driving ricers, the up and coming career guys drive something practical like a Jetta or a Focus, many others drive a 7 or 8 year old beater as they want to save the rest for grass and the chicks are driving whatever is affordable yet stylish.

Believe it or not - the Dodge Charger was designed and built specifically for someone like myself and my friends who are all the same age and at the same stage in life.   And believe me, there are a lot of us!

Unfortunately, the majority of us (luckily not me) have Wifes that would laugh in our faces had we stated that we were on our way to buy a 2dr sports coupe at this stage in life!   "You mean to tell me that I have to drive around in a minivan while you are out around town in a sports car"?   Or, perhaps "how the hell are you gonna get Jane to figure skating with her friend from down the street and Johnny to his hockey game at the same time?"   --   Good luck guys!

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Ponch ®

Quote from: my73charger on December 21, 2005, 10:04:30 PM
Sorry Ponch, I wasn't the other yes vote...guess we disagree again.   :rotz:

I agree that it is ugly, I would rather wait for the Challenger to not be made too...   Thats funny.. :icon_smile_big:

The original concept in a two door would have been nice.

I would be willing to buy a Stratus RT in the two door though.

If I was in the market for a new car in the $20-30 range, I would probably go with the Charger. I like it, what can I say. I think it's a pretty decent looking car on its own right.Yeah, It'd be cool if it was a two door, and if it had retro styling, but if I want a car that looks like 68-74 charger, Ill buy a 68-74 charger. I supposed I'm not blinded by the fact that it's called a "Charger" to hate it as much as some of you do.  
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

my73charger

Even if I could afford it which I can't I probably wouldn't buy one cause my wife would have to drive it as her primary car and the thought of her driving a rear wheel drive with power on the icy roads of northern Minnesota scares the hell out of me.   :scared:

So until I can afford to have my truck and a daily driver car of my own I guess we will be buying front wheel drive cars for the wife.

69_500

Who am I to disagree, I like the 4 door version. I'd buy one if my wife would let me  trade the Durango in on it.

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 22, 2005, 01:26:43 AM
Quote from: Ghost on December 22, 2005, 01:11:29 AM
I was saying, with the new Challenger, they won't make the Charger have a 2 door model.  Nothing more, nothing less. ::)  Lighten up a little bit...

Dude, you can't have it both ways.... Not just in this thread, but on the whole you are always defending DCX and the Charger. The only difference is that BEFORE the Challenger you didn't have any justification for the Charger being a 4 door (except quoting Creedholes excuse) and now you point to the Challenger as the "reason".... it didn't exist back when that decision was made. I'm not twisting anything, just calling it like I see it. It's plain as day, you are in love with DCX...just admit it already...  :nana:

Please, tell me how I say that the Challenger is the reason for the Charger?  I said that the Challenger is the reason for NOT making a new 2 door version.

Kinda hard for a car to be the reason for the creation of another car, when it comes AFTER it.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on December 23, 2005, 12:34:34 AM
I said that the Challenger is the reason for NOT making a new 2 door version.

This is exasperating... Are you for real? That is exactly what I said you said. So, tell us how the Challenger be the reason for the Charger being a 4 door when the Challenger wasn't even designed back when they made the decision NOT to build a 2 door version of the Charger? I'm about ready to lump you into the "Mustanghater" and "Silver" category...please think before you post, K?
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 23, 2005, 12:55:57 AM
Quote from: Ghost on December 23, 2005, 12:34:34 AM
I said that the Challenger is the reason for NOT making a new 2 door version.

This is exasperating... Are you for real? That is exactly what I said you said. So, tell us how the Challenger be the reason for the Charger being a 4 door when the Challenger wasn't even designed back when they made the decision NOT to build a 2 door version of the Charger? I'm about ready to lump you into the "Mustanghater" and "Silver" category...please think before you post, K?

Okay, let me type really slowly, so you can understand.

The original reason for no 2 door model of the Charger, is that DCX wasn't sure how it would sell.  They would stick with the safe, 4 door model.  Then, if the LX platform was a success, they would make a 2 door model.  Once the LX platform proved to be successful enough to create a niche market car, the Challenger was already on the table.  So, instead of a 2 door Charger, we get the Challenger.

It's quite simple, really.

bull

There's nothing attractive about the '05 whatchmacallit, visual or otherwise. Nothing.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on December 23, 2005, 02:02:05 AM
The original reason for no 2 door model of the Charger, is that DCX wasn't sure how it would sell.   They would stick with the safe, 4 door model.   Then, if the LX platform was a success, they would make a 2 door model.   Once the LX platform proved to be successful enough to create a niche market car, the Challenger was already on the table.   So, instead of a 2 door Charger, we get the Challenger.

Oh, OK, I didn't know you had the ACTUAL REAL FACTS. If you had said that you worked for DCX, were on the payroll, were on the design team, held Creeds lunch for him and KNEW step by step exactly how and when this whole thing went down it would have saved us a lot of unecessary banter. Hope your job on Creeds design team goes well....

BTW: When we have a question about DCX designs, corporate policy, pricing or corporate memos we will be sure to ask you.
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 23, 2005, 01:30:59 PM
The original reason for no 2 door model of the Charger, is that DCX wasn't sure how it would sell.   They would stick with the safe, 4 door model.   Then, if the LX platform was a success, they would make a 2 door model.   Once the LX platform proved to be successful enough to create a niche market car, the Challenger was already on the table.   So, instead of a 2 door Charger, we get the Challenger.

Oh, OK, I didn't know you had the ACTUAL REAL FACTS. If you had said that you worked for DCX, were on the payroll, were on the design team, held Creeds lunch for him and KNEW step by step exactly how and when this whole thing went down it would have saved us a lot of unecessary banter. Hope your job on Creeds design team goes well....

BTW: When we have a question about DCX designs, corporate policy, pricing or corporate memos we will be sure to ask you.

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 23, 2005, 01:30:59 PM
The original reason for no 2 door model of the Charger, is that DCX wasn't sure how it would sell.  They would stick with the safe, 4 door model.  Then, if the LX platform was a success, they would make a 2 door model.  Once the LX platform proved to be successful enough to create a niche market car, the Challenger was already on the table.  So, instead of a 2 door Charger, we get the Challenger.

It's called common sense.  And, remembering some stuff I read a year ago, about how the reason for the Charger having 4 doors, was because it was a safer move than making it a 2 door.  Common sense dictates that they would wait, to see if the LX platform was a success, before taking a risk by making a 2 door sports car, targeting our market.  By the time they would have determined the LX to be a TRUE success, instead of another initially hot seller/then crashes (ala PT Cruiser), the Challenger would have already been at least in the planning stage.

BigBlackDodge

In my opinion they decided to come out with 2 door only because of the Mustangs retro success.....................not because the 4 door LX's are selling in huge numbers. I see 300's everywhere............Magnums and '06's not so much.

I remember watching a video (on the net somewhere) where they had the '06 at a race track. The host asked the guy (DCX employee I presume) about the non retro styling of the '06. "Oh, we let the other guys across town do that!" A clear jab at Ford's retro Mustang.

Mustang is a hit and DCX sees the light! Enter Challenger..................a few YEARS later! :-\

BBD

Lowprofile

I just can't believe the HATE some of you guys have for this car. :rotz: Don't get me wrong, I'm no defender of DCX, But you have to admit, they have stepped up in the last 20 years. Anyone remember the Reliant K-car, Omni, the first POS Mini-Vans???  We ,as Mopar fans, have a lot to be thankful for. Maybe the Charger is a dissapointment to SOME of us, But Mercedes is a world company, and they built a car that most of the world likes...a performance 4 door sedan. Like it or not, they are becoming more popular in this country as well. Lots of family's are opting for these cars instead of full size SUV's [look at GM's sales this last 6 months]. Ford has introduced the Fusion. Same thing, Roomy, 4 dr sedan w/ performance under the hood for Dad, safety for Mom, & room for the 2.4 kids! These cars come standard with 4 wheel disc brakes, Aluminum rims, performance tires & suspension, etc... Its probably safe to say, nose to nose, these new sedans would outperform our beloved Chargers on many levels. Yea, I know, apples & oranges.............35 years of technology makes a big difference.

Anyhow, like I was saying, It could be a lot worse. DCX Has done a lot better then the rest of the "American" car companies.  The Hemi is back, The Viper, SRT-10 Pickup, Prowler, 300C, The "Daytona" Pick-ups, The Rumble Bee's, Magnums, Crossfires, and yes, the dreaded Charger.

For some reason, I feel a terrible beating coming my way.   :D :boxing_smiley: :mad: :slap:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TK73

I actually like the new Magnum 4-door.  Can't figure out why somebody keeps putting "Charger" badges on them...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

SeattleCharger

Well, two doors would at least be better than four, even though it could look a lot better.   Just hope they don't make the Challenger a four door, hard to imagine that, doesn't seem possible,  but they did it to the Charger.    >:(

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

6pkrunner

Stand directly in front of one about 20 feet away and if that doesn't look like a truck - wel it does to me. I honstl believe that DCX made one of the blunders of the millenium by naming it Charger. Of all the names that could have been used or made up they tride milking the past and insulted one of their fan bases.

tomonty

I don't like the fact that they put the Charger name on it, but whatever, that is DCX's problem. That is until I found out my sister bought one...and all I have heard is 'hey! I got a Charger too!!' or 'It is soooooo fast!!', but the worst was when I was told: 'Well, it is faster than your Charger!'  ....then I was like WHOOAAA there....you got a 4-door brick with 340 HP.  I got a 440 6-pack bored .040 over pushing over 400 ponies, so just back off.  I am tired of hearing about the damn thing...

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Blown70

Quote from: tomonty on December 28, 2005, 10:48:42 AM
I don't like the fact that they put the Charger name on it, but whatever, that is DCX's problem. That is until I found out my sister bought one...and all I have heard is 'hey! I got a Charger too!!' or 'It is soooooo fast!!', but the worst was when I was told: 'Well, it is faster than your Charger!'   ....then I was like WHOOAAA there....you got a 4-door brick with 340 HP.   I got a 440 6-pack bored .040 over pushing over 400 ponies, so just back off.   I am tired of hearing about the damn thing...

Tell her to line it up.... This would be a good EPISODE for PINKS....... :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Yeah I'd watch that. A new 06 Charger lining up against a classic. I think the SRT-8 06 version would lay down a stomping to even a HEMI 2nd gen charger.