News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not another 2006 Charger Thread!

Started by my73charger, December 21, 2005, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy a new Charger if it came in a 2 door coupe version?

Yes
10 (27%)
No
27 (73%)

Total Members Voted: 37

my73charger

Sorry guys.   Couldn't help it.  I just thought it would be interesting to find out how many of you would buy the new Charger if it came out in a 2 door coupe.   My thought is, why can't they at least make it available in a 2 door coupe and a 4 door sedan?   The option has been done before on other models.   Would you buy it in a 2 door version?

golden73

Even if it had 2 doors it would still be ugly  :horse:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemihead

In all politeness I'd have to say ... NOOOOOOO!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

twilt

Blown70

2 door concept car YEP, the magnum they made 2 or 4 NOPE nota chance.   

Tom

Chargen69

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Chargen69 on December 21, 2005, 07:31:39 PM
Is there an echo?      ;D
I thought my eyeglass prescription had failed...glad I'm not the only one, I see you're hearing things too. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

I like the current version however I am not in the market for a new car just yet.   Maybe late 2006, early 2007.   At that time I will decide.   

If I were in the market today it would be a toss up between a Mustang, a 300 or the Charger.   Of course I'd prefer the Mustang but my Wife and I are talking about a second child and let me tell you, it is a bitch getting that little girl (almost 2) in and out of the car seat in the back of my 2dr Sebring.   Especially in a snow-suit.   I don't have to do it that often, maybe three times a month but man it is akward.   I figure I'll end up with a Mustang as I am a 2dr guy at heart but I also must consider the Canadian winters.

Either way, the three cars mentioned above are the coolest looking reasonably priced cars available right now.

Troy

I don't care how many doors it has - the looks kill it for me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

No, I would rather just wait for the new Challenger to not be made.  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

andy74

my lease on my 03 grand am is up in may,and quite honestly ill probably either go with a new g6,or a used bonneville.i sell dodges for a living,but the cars i can afford(stratus/neon/short caravan)wont do it for me.if i get a deal on a used caravan i might do that,but other wise,im out of the new car market.who knows,i may be selling kias or hyundais by then any way.if the new charger was a 2 door sedan,and wasnt ugly,and wasnt 30 grand with a hemi,then i might consider it!

HAZZARDJOHN

There is no way that incarnation could ever be spruced up. I think it is time to pull the plug. If they are going to do retro they should follow fords example.   In the spring I am seriously considering getting a new mustang. My other cars are paid off. so I thought it would be a nice summer cruiser. But I probably won't considering I am building a new house.   :( but if I can swing it I certainly will. The new Challenger looks bad ass, but they need to make it affordable if it is going to sell. I can buy a new mustang GT for cheaper than my ranger. That is why they are a success. awondeful automobile, at a reasonable price. On the other hand there was the 2002 t-bird. An awesome car, but totally impractical and at a $40,000+ sticker price it fell flat after two years. Ford must of knew this because they only said they were going to make it for three years, so the fourth one was just gravy. But beleive me if it would have sold for around the mid 20k to mid 30k range   it would still be at the forefront of their lineup.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

my73charger

Sorry Ponch, I wasn't the other yes vote...guess we disagree again.  :rotz:

I agree that it is ugly, I would rather wait for the Challenger to not be made too...  Thats funny.. :icon_smile_big:

The original concept in a two door would have been nice.

I would be willing to buy a Stratus RT in the two door though.

andy74

they arent building the the 2 door stratus any more,they were a sales disappointment,and never performed up to the insurance rating difference.that 2 door pontiac g6 is a better buy,and like i said im a dodge dealer

694spdRT

I can somewhat understand the questionable market that DCX claims for 2 door cars. I think 70% of the new truck market is even extended cab now.

The only problem with the poor 2 door sales senario is they have not made anything like what we are asking for. With the exception of the Crossfire and Prowler which are limited market vehicles I think the Chrysler Sebring's, Stratus's, and Neon's are not real good indicators of the true 2 door market.

BTW: What ever happened to the younger crowd from the late 1980's and early 1990's era that bought the 2 door Dodge Daytona's, Pontiac Grand Am's, Pontiac Sunbird's, and the Chevy Cavalier's? I remember those "sporty" cars were everywhere. Is the younger generation all driving SUV's or foreign cars now? I know I would not be caught dead driving a 4 door when I was younger...in fact I was so cool that I drove a 2 door 1984 Aries K LE.   :D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Silver R/T

it would be magnum coupe...won't do it for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

'CUDA360

Quote from: andy74 on December 21, 2005, 09:08:45 PM
my lease on my 03 grand am is up in may,and quite honestly ill probably either go with a new g6,or a used bonneville.i sell dodges for a living,but the cars i can afford(stratus/neon/short caravan)wont do it for me.if i get a deal on a used caravan i might do that,but other wise,im out of the new car market.who knows,i may be selling kias or hyundais by then any way.if the new charger was a 2 door sedan,and wasnt ugly,and wasnt 30 grand with a hemi,then i might consider it!

Get the Caravan.. we love ours, good for lugging the inlaws around like this time of year

A new two door Charger for me is a no vote.   The Mustang would still kick its' butt in looks :rotz:
Not that I can afford either one right now

Charger1970

QuoteEven if it had 2 doors it would still be ugly 

I agree....still fugly.

I am saving up my lunch money and crossing my fingers for the new Challenger. :drive:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

ChargerBill

2 doors or not, it's ugly and pointless...I could get a Galant for less if I really wanted to drive an eyesore. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Quote from: my73charger on December 21, 2005, 06:38:28 PMMy thought is, why can't they at least make it available in a 2 door coupe and a 4 door sedan?

Because, they got the Challenger for the 2 door.  They don't need 2 niche cars directly competing with each other.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.