News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any of the new stuff out there temp you to sell your Charger and go new?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 10, 2010, 07:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was pulling out of a lot the other day when a new Camaro in red with white stripes pulled in.  I was thinking to myself if that car was a conv and had hideaway lamps like the old 69 Camaro SS/RS cars, would I sell my Charger and order my first new car ever?
I know the conv is coming out soon, if they did the hideways like in 69 boy would I want one.  Thing is I would have to sell the Charger to do it as I can't afford both, not something I'm sure I could do? Nothing wrong with new Muscle.
Any new cars out there have you thinking?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

A383Wing

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 10, 2010, 08:25:30 PM
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition...black & red....yummy :drool5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3sRUKCmG-8
I can understand why, would you really consider it?  I get strong feelings to own new Muscle.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Nacho-RT74

you mean selling the Charger and using about the same money you get for it get a new car ?... 2nd gens will have the chance, but I don't think 1st and 3rd gens
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

If there was a single new car I liked better than the classic Chargers I wouldn't be here wasting time every day.  There isn't even anything that tempts me.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Back N Black

For me no, i would never consider selling the charger for a new muscle car. Some of the new cars don't get a second look , but the charger always draws  lots of attention.

bull

No, nothing. Even if there were something out there that did tempt me I really don't like the obsession car companies have with gadgets these days. New cars have too much stuff to go wrong, they're too difficult and costly to fix and they've created too much distance between the driver and the driving experience. My next car will probably be something like a 1973 Coronet.

Belgium R/T -68

If Dodge would make a convertible out of the new Challenger I would consider one if I lived back in my motherland Sweden.
Here in Belgium the registration and roadtaxes would kill any possibility for a normal guy to own a car with a bigger engine then 2.5L.
A new musclecar can never trade the part of the hobby I like the most, the restoration, searching for parts and discussing problems/solutions
with fellow Moparlovers but gives on the other hand the possibility to take the car for longer trips like vacation, meetings abroad etc which I
don't dare to do with my "old" muscles because I simply don't have the selfconfidence that my cars would make it all the way.
Would I sell my Charger? No, having built it on my own makes it a part of my life.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

hemi68charger

Give up the thing just to the left of this? No way unless it's got another big wing...............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71ChallengeHer

41husk

I would with out a doubt trade straight up my 3rd gen for a new challenger R/T or SRT8.  No way on the Daytona :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Manfred318

I seriously doubt it, but I might have to think about it for a new SRT Challenger. Assuming I could option the Challenger the way I wanted it anyways.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ponch Ā®

Nope... esp if I had a 2nd gen or something like that.

The old cars have a certain character and chutzpah that you just can't get in a new car. ANYONE w enough cash can go buy a new Camaro, or Challenger, or CTS-V...but being in a nice classic car shows a little more sophistication. Let's not even get on how the new cars will lose their value in a couple of years.

Chris, seriously...your car for a Mustang w/ a body kit and vinyl decals? Really?

EDIT: On second thought...maybe I would consider it, but it'd have to be something exotic or exotic-ish...like a Viper or a Ferrari/Lambo type deal.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Just 6T9 CHGR

maybe i didn't read the title correctly....Id like to have my cake & eat it too
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kab69440

If I was offered a Fuschia, stripe-delete, 6speed SRT, it would likely be the most difficult 'No thanks.' I ever had to choke on.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

NHCharger

Quote from: Back N Black on October 10, 2010, 10:03:54 PM
For me no, i would never consider selling the charger for a new muscle car. Some of the new cars don't get a second look , but the charger always draws  lots of attention.

:iagree: :iagree:

Besides our Chargers being the best looking car ever made, another thing I like about them is the lack of handling, lack of braking, lack of safety equipment, lack of the every day amenities in most cars the we take for granted. You actually have to know how to drive a car when you get behind the wheel of a two door charger.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NHCharger on October 11, 2010, 05:48:23 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on October 10, 2010, 10:03:54 PM
For me no, i would never consider selling the charger for a new muscle car. Some of the new cars don't get a second look , but the charger always draws lots of attention.

:iagree: :iagree:

Besides our Chargers being the best looking car ever made, another thing I like about them is the lack of handling, lack of braking, lack of safety equipment, lack of the every day amenities in most cars the we take for granted. You actually have to know how to drive a car when you get behind the wheel of a two door charger.
I love the firm tight feel of the steering wheel.  :icon_smile_wink:
Also my main point was would you give up your Charger to help fund a new Muscle car. Your car could be worth 10,000.00 or 50,000.00, point was if you had to have a new Mustang ,Camaro or Challenger to help fund the new car and the only way it could happen was to finally say good bye to your classic, would you do it?

1969chargerrtse

rp23g7

Working in the car world.  I would never buy a new car ever again, or a newer used car.  Just too expensive, they dont hold their value, too much stuff to go wrong, too expensive to insure, they dont have any character or charisma to them, and the number one thing, too expensive to fix.

Mine, if it quits, i know its only one of three things possibly, and its easy to figure out.  New ones, $90 diagnostic at least, if you dont have a scanner, and then you get to buy parts for whatever is wrong.  Been on the mechanical end of that too, feeling sorry for the customer for buying the heap that is costing them a arm and a leg to fix. 

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 11, 2010, 05:58:50 PM
Also my main point was would you give up your Charger to help fund a new Muscle car. Your car could be worth 10,000.00 or 50,000.00, point was if you had to have a new Mustang ,Camaro or Challenger to help fund the new car and the only way it could happen was to finally say good bye to your classic, would you do it?

Well, I would not part with my triple black '68 Charger R/T... but most others would be fair game.  For those with more than one old Charger/Mopar, the question is whether they would sell all of their classic Mopars to buy a new musclecar...  In my case, the answer is NO!  That said, there could easily be cases where the trade-out made sense, like an older enthusiast having to downsize to a single car.  A new musclecar could be both a hobby car  and basic transportation, without extensive maintenance...

But, I like Chris's idea better...
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 11, 2010, 04:16:19 PM
maybe i didn't read the title correctly....Id like to have my cake & eat it too

I was fortunate enough to buy a 2009 Challenger SRT8 almost two years ago, and have been extremely happy with it!  I will be downsizing during my upcoming retirement, and several of my hobby cars will probably be sold to fund another new musclecar.  Depending on how my finances go, the really hard decisions may have to be made later, but I hope "Bullitt" never has to go...

Here is my SRT "Scarlett", and a new convertible that I would love to have, but would never pay the $100K+ price tag...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Rolling_Thunder

Honestly - there are times I get tempted to sell - but it would have to be for something alot more appealing than a new camaro, challenger, etc...    If it was maybe a V8 Vanquish, F430...    something like that....     I'd probably sell...   other than that...     nope
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Long Island RT

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

SRT-440

I don't have a charger but I wouldn't trade my 70 RR for anything...atleast up to this point. I will say this tho...I really dig the new engines..I'd love to have a 6.1 or 6.4 in my old car.
Dodge is supposed to have some interesting options coming on the Challenger and that might tempt me and the new Z28 is gonna be a beast of a car.

I don't think I'd pass judgement just yet on whether these cars will or won't ever be classics...I think they said the same about our old cars when they were new.

And as far as maintenance goes that can be debated also...so far my '04 SRT4 has 100,000 miles on it and it's never had nothing but the oil changed and air filter changed and still runs in the 13's.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

twodko

Sell my Charger? No way but if I could afford it I'd buy a new Chally SRT to keep my R/T company.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

aussiemuscle

You say that, but i don't believe you. poor handling is a characteristic that it did NOT need to have. If you ever driven a late 60s european car to compare to the dodge suspension and handling you'd know that dodge were putting junk suspension and brakes on them. (they were UNDER braked to what they SHOULD have been, even then).

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: aussiemuscle on October 12, 2010, 06:05:07 PM
You say that, but i don't believe you. poor handling is a characteristic that it did NOT need to have. If you ever driven a late 60s european car to compare to the dodge suspension and handling you'd know that dodge were putting junk suspension and brakes on them. (they were UNDER braked to what they SHOULD have been, even then).
I have the power disk and think my car stops great.  I slammed on the brakes a couple of times because of deer.

Ghoste

The late 60's European cars were dealing with a LOT less mass than American cars as well.  I'd also offer that rather than Mopars being underbraked that European cars were underpowered by comparison.  Oh I realize that now there will be countless examples of Ferarrir supercars offered to demonstrate the amazing superiority of European car crafting in 1969 but if you compare the actual cars that most were driving the peformance is less exciting. 
Since I'm being argumentative, I'll also throw out there that we slam the Mopar discs today but that back in 1969 even the Chrysler drum brakes were adequate for the time.  Repeated panic stops brought fade that discs didn't have but for normal real life driving the Mopar drum brake was cheap, reliable, and adequate given the tires and driving conditions of typical 1969.  On todays crowded streets and with modern radials they may not compare to modern cars but compared to the other cars of their day I think they stood up. 
If you still think the Mopars are bad, try a GTO with coil springs and 9 inch drums.
But I think you really have to compare them in cointext.

elacruze

Somebody point me to a '60s European car that could last 10 years on Detroit streets.

*Maybe* a Benz 230 or Volvo 164. Nobody will confuse them with fun to drive, though.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

kokxville

I would save money and buy a new challenger if only i could afford it,but i never consider selling the charger for a modern car,even when i think they are extremely nice and have the looks of a real muscle car.But it will never become a genuine muscle car,and when you get in a old muscle car....man,there's nothing wich can compare to that. :2thumbs:
It's all about the feeling you get when you're sitting behind the wheel. :yesnod:
And i also think 99 or even 100% on this board has his/her charger as a 2nd car besides their daily driver and only drive in it when it's nice weather or going to a cruise or meeting.If you have a newone,it's more like you have a 13 in a dozen car and you drive it as a daily driver. :icon_smile_wink:
Would i want one,yes but not if i have to sell my old charger. :Twocents:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

NHCharger

Quote from: aussiemuscle on October 12, 2010, 06:05:07 PM

I have owned my two Chargers for a combined total of 25 years. I have not done any upgrades to the suspension in either car. Only upgrades have been electronic ignition and headlight upgrade in both cars. I am contemplating putting a front sway bar on the 72 since it has so much body roll compared to the 71.
I learned to drive in a 68 Dart with manual drums, 70? Ford p/u with a 3 on the tree with no brakes and a 71 Plymouth suburban wagon. Maybe that's why I feel so comfortable driving my Chargers.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on October 10, 2010, 11:31:19 PM
No, nothing. Even if there were something out there that did tempt me I really don't like the obsession car companies have with gadgets these days. New cars have too much stuff to go wrong, they're too difficult and costly to fix and they've created too much distance between the driver and the driving experience. My next car will probably be something like a 1973 Coronet.

x2. Too many "gadgets" and most of them you can't get rid of. So they just add price to the car, take up room and add weight.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Cooter

Nope.......This question has been asked of myself at local car shows and my answer is always the same...."Why would you want a raggedy General Lee Clone when you have all that newer Car?"

The Reply is always the same too..."People don't ask you to take pictures of a newer musclecar, they do with this one".....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HITMAN 149

NOPE!!!! i only sold my charger due to some financial restrains right now and it just became tooo BIG of a project for me right now.... i downsized by selling off all my toys EXCEPT the BIKE!!! lol i picked up a 2001 bmw 740i SPORT as my new daily driver :icon_smile_big:
but i WILL get another 68 charger r/t again in the near future!!!!
:cheers:
i can understand someone wanting some NEW, more modern, more relaible muscle.. but NOTHING compares to the looks you get with OLD SCHOOL MUSCLE!!!!!
WOW that convert chally does look sweet though!!!  :drool5:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

The70RT

I love the new Challenger but I wouldn't sell my Charger to get it. I figure If I can't afford one then well I won't get one. I would want to drive it all the time then it would be worth what in 20 years? If I didn't have a $1200 house payment I could get one.....so house or new Challenger  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

wow! that must've hurt... sorry you had to sell,..
 anyhow,..

a few Mos. back I almost sold all of mine to get this very Chrysler press fleet car,.. a heritage 300 C with every option but the sunroof,..

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/7535/2009-chrysler-300c-heritage-edition-review-test-drive

I talked at length to the dealer who told me he'd take $25K cash for it (Price: MSRP $37,135.00 as tested including destination charges $46,040.00) and because it was a low mile fully maintained press car i thought it a steal - it was apparently also the only car with that color combo ever made.  :drool5:
But, it was too far away for me to inspect and by the time i lined up my ducks the car was sold,.. The fact that ten folks pleaded with me not to sell my R/T delayed my move where as I missed the Op.
I was just wanting to simplify my life at the time.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/7535/2009-chrysler-300c-heritage-edition-review-test-drive

HITMAN 149

hey dave...
yea IT SUCKED :'( but i did what was best for now.... i just had to downsize my finances for now..
the new Daily Driver.... let me tell you... for anyone that's never driven one...
OMG it is the ultimate driving machine  :yesnod:
2001 740i SPORT  :cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

nice a short 7 of that vintage is my Fav. BMW. I test drove and wanted one while I was M shopping in '02, but the sand color one i found for $25K wasn't to my liking as it had been neglected... great choice!  :2thumbs:

HITMAN 149

thanks dave :2thumbs:
yea it drives like a dream!!! handles like it's on rails!!!! its always been my fav bmw!! but new in 01 the car was $70K!!! :o lol it's got black leather thats in mint cond.. you would think the car was never sat in!!! it's 100% optioned out!!!! had alot of maintenance already done!!! i have alll the svc records!! to quote ferris buehler "if you have the means to pick one up.. i HIGHLEY recommend it!!" hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68charger383

I don't think I'd sell my charger, but I just sold my 67 firebird today and I'm thinking about maybe buying a new challenger. The thought of doing a few blasts at the drag strip, then driving home (or anywhere else) in a 475 hp car that can stop on a dime, whip around corners with the 500 watt stereo and A/C blasting sounds pretty tempting.   :scratchchin:

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

41husk

If this guy will give me $15,000 trade on the WannaBee, I will be buying a 2009 SRT8 Challenger.  So I guess the answer would be yes :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 18, 2010, 02:34:12 PM
If this guy will give me $15,000 trade on the WannaBee, I will be buying a 2009 SRT8 Challenger.  So I guess the answer would be yes :cheers:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Well it happens today, I made the deal yesterday and now own one less old muscle car and my first new muscle car :2thumbs: I guess I need to change my profile :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 20, 2010, 10:14:27 AM
Well it happens today, I made the deal yesterday and now own one less old muscle car and my first new muscle car :2thumbs: I guess I need to change my profile :cheers:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  DUDE YOU ARE LIVING THE LIFE   :cheers: :cheers:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

Only as long as I can make the payments :P They gave me $15,800 on the Wanna Bee.  I have had it for sale for 17,500 and never been offered even 15k.  In this economy 15k for a 73 Charger is not bad, even though I have much more than that in it :brickwall:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

HITMAN 149

wow!! im surprised they din't offer you like $2500... which is prob what their convoluted bluebook they use says!!! lmao
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Charger440RDN

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 16, 2010, 03:25:48 PM
hey dave...
yea IT SUCKED :'( but i did what was best for now.... i just had to downsize my finances for now..
the new Daily Driver.... let me tell you... for anyone that's never driven one...
OMG it is the ultimate driving machine  :yesnod:
2001 740i SPORT  :cheers:

Hitman I have a diamond white 96 Eldorado ETC that looks just like your old one, how does caddy power and handling campare to the BMW? I know the eldo is fast but that BMW has to be a monster.

HITMAN 149

hey bro....
yea i loved the caddy 300hp.... BUT NO COMPARISON!!! lol
the beemer is a beast.. it's a lil bit heavier, but smooth as silk & handles like it's on rails!!! the caddy was great in a way cause it was FWD... but my 740i is unbelivable!! :2thumbs: i have the 740I SPORT which is a BIG diff from the regular I & the IL.... totally diff car than the other models!!!  :2thumbs:
ive always loved the e38 740's.. but they were a lil outta my price range!! lol brand new my car was $70K!! :o
lol i $tole it.. for the condition it's in & all the maintenance that's already been done!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

HITMAN 149

factory rated at 282 HP 324 torque... 3:15 gears
but like everything they have a whole lotttta gooodies for it!!! hehehe
i may do some tinkering.... cold air intake,software chip/upgrade, upgrade the brakes a lil (akebono pads & zimmermann rotors) maybe a strut tower bar for the suspension?!?!?
just checkin out some stuff on the bmw forum.... funnny i feel like im cheating on you guys!!! lol
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

ChgrSteve67

the Dodge dealership up the road from me has 2 SMS 570 Challengers I wouldn't mind trading straight across for one.

HITMAN 149

steve...
DON"T do it bro!!! resist the temptation!!! your car is beautiful!!!!  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

SFRT

would never sell my Charger. I am , however thinking about trading my 350Z in on a GTR.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HITMAN 149

Quote from: SFRT on October 21, 2010, 11:25:55 AM
would never sell my Charger. I am , however thinking about trading my 350Z in on a GTR.
yea bro.. i would never sell your charger either!!!!!! lol  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

694spdRT

On days when it starts and runs great no way...
On days when I get thumbs up everywhere I go no way...
On days when my 2 year old says "daddy's Charger" no way...
On days when I get a mile from home, have to quickly turn around hoping to make it back without pushing it, and then spend the rest of the day working on it....still no way.

To be honest, I would like a new Challenger but not at the expense of one of my old Charger's. They are just off limits but my truck could go.  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

WHITE AND RED 69

I would never sell the charger but I wouldnt mind a cherokee srt8 or a black challenger with the red hood stripes.  :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on October 22, 2010, 03:48:10 PM
I would never sell the charger but I wouldnt mind a cherokee srt8 or a black challenger with the red hood stripes.  :drool5:
You know those Cherokee srt8 SUCKA DA GAS big  time. But they do sound nice.

41husk

I have to say I love driving my new SRT8.  It handles great and is very comfortable with all the new bells and whistles.  The third gen charger rides better than any of the classics I have ever owned and I have had a few.  I am sure I will miss the WannaBee.  I bought it because I missed the 72 I sold to buy the 68, that I sold to buy the Daytona.  I sure wish I could afford to buy and keep all the cars I love but the reality is financialy I have to pick and choose, and if I find something I would like to own, I probably have to sell something else to get it.  As nice as the third gens drive they can't hold a candle to the ride and handling of the SRT8.  That being said,  I took the 70 challenger out yesterday and realized, there is something about these old cars, a feeling, you just don't get driving the new cars.  Even though it overheated and I had to spend the evening changing the water pump. (probably would have had to take the SRT to the dealer), the feel of driving a classic can'y be reproduced.  Since I purchased the Daytona I had only had the Wanna Bee out 5 or 6 times and at least 3 of those were just short drives.  The Daytona and Challenger vert saw almost all the shows and cruizes.  Someone said don't trade to a new car due to value.  Yes anyone can go buy a new Challenger, Charger, or Viper if they have enough money, but can't they buy a 1969 Daytona, 1970 Superbird, or Hemi Cuda if they have enough money?  I would say don't trade if you exspect to have the comfort ride and technology of the new and the unexplainable pleasure and feel of driving a classic, because it is just not the same.  On the other hand, if you can swing having the new car with it's superior ride and technology and keeping at least one classic to drive for that feeling that can only be found behind the wheel of a classic mopar, I would highly suggest it :2thumbs: It supposed to rain later this evening.  So I am going to take the Daytona out for a spin so she dont get jelouse :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 41husk on October 23, 2010, 09:01:25 AM
I have to say I love driving my new SRT8.  It handles great and is very comfortable with all the new bells and whistles.

Congrats Allen!...  But where  are the Pics?!?   :shruggy:  What color?  :shruggy:   :popcrn: 

41husk

It is red with black hood treatment.  I really think it needs some kinda stripe on the side :Twocents:  I am a tech idiot.  I have some pics on a disposable camera.  I need to fill it up and get them developed, then I will post some pics.  If any one knows how to post a link, you can go to Stlouis craigs list, type in 2009 Challenger, scroll down to October 8 and it is the SRT8 listed for sale by a dealer in Granite City.  It will have a big sold posted on the first picture.  Thats cause I bought it :icon_smile_big: 
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 41husk on October 23, 2010, 05:05:58 PM
It is red with black hood treatment.  I really think it needs some kinda stripe on the side :Twocents:  I am a tech idiot.  I have some pics on a disposable camera.  I need to fill it up and get them developed, then I will post some pics.  If any one knows how to post a link, you can go to Stlouis craigs list, type in 2009 Challenger, scroll down to October 8 and it is the SRT8 listed for sale by a dealer in Granite City.  It will have a big sold posted on the first picture.  Thats cause I bought it :icon_smile_big:  
Wait.  Your camera needs to get filled and then developed?  What's developed mean?  :shruggy:
Does it have that film stuff in it?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 41husk on October 23, 2010, 05:05:58 PM
It is red with black hood treatment.  I really think it needs some kinda stripe on the side :Twocents:  I am a tech idiot.  I have some pics on a disposable camera.  I need to fill it up and get them developed, then I will post some pics.  If any one knows how to post a link, you can go to Stlouis craigs list, type in 2009 Challenger, scroll down to October 8 and it is the SRT8 listed for sale by a dealer in Granite City.  It will have a big sold posted on the first picture.  Thats cause I bought it :icon_smile_big: 

Looks like the Oct 8th listing is gone , but looks like an earlier one was still there:

http://mastercars.motorphotos.net/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2900168

Is that your new toy?  :cheers:

If so, I checked and it  is not on the "unofficial" registry website yet...

http://dodgechallengerregistry.com/index.php

Are you going to try to get history on your SRT8?  If a dealership won't cooperate, I may know some workarounds.  With Chrysler pulling the plug on VinWIN, it is only going to get harder to do as time goes by...

Allen

Jake

While it wasnt a Charger a few years ago I traded my 69 Road Runner Convertible 383 auto column car for an '02 Firehawk Trans Am convert, 6 spd with 15k miles on it. It has the 345 horse LS1 motor. Plus I had some cash come my way. I have really enjoyed having and driving a late model car for the creature comforts and reliability piece of mind. 29mph in 6th gear on the highway yet have the HP to play.

41husk

Yes thats it.  Thanks for posting the link.  I would love to get the History,but I am pretty sure it is a one owner car with only 9,000 miles on it.  What is our was VinWin?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 41husk on October 24, 2010, 09:40:59 AM
Yes thats it.  Thanks for posting the link.  I would love to get the History,but I am pretty sure it is a one owner car with only 9,000 miles on it.  What is our was VinWin?

VinWIN was an unrestricted portal to Chrysler's vehicle status tracking system.  It could be used to monitor the order status of a vehicle, or for hobby car documentation.

Attached are screenshots of VinWIN information through the registry before it was restricted.  Below the screenshots is the coversheet of a STARS report that a dealer can generate, basically a replacement for a broadcast sheet showing the full build definition...

41husk

Wow ! that is great info, is there any way to get that info now?  I wonder how many SRT8 Challengers were built in 09?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

67440chrg

I have figured it out my wife told me two days ago she wants to dump the mini van now that the kids are 7 and 9 and get a new orange with black stripes challenger. I will be choseing the power optians So here comes a srt8 next year . Hopefully the new car was her idea and not her boyfriends.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 67440chrg on October 24, 2010, 01:24:18 PM
I have figured it out my wife told me two days ago she wants to dump the mini van now that the kids are 7 and 9 and get a new orange with black stripes challenger. I will be choseing the power optians So here comes a srt8 next year . Hopefully the new car was her idea and not her boyfriends.
Cool wife. :2thumbs:

HITMAN 149

yes i totally agree... while our newer cars are great w/ all the comforts.. THERE REALLY IS NOTHING COMPARED TO DRIVING AN OLD CAR DOWN THE ROAD!!!!  :cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

694spdRT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 24, 2010, 09:31:13 PM

Which part did you think was cool, getting the car, having a boyfriend, or maybe both.  :lol:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 27, 2010, 09:18:53 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 24, 2010, 09:31:13 PM

Which part did you think was cool, getting the car, having a boyfriend, or maybe both.  :lol:

:smilielol:   :smilielol: :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."