News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger barn find on ebay, cleanest ever?

Started by Charger440RDN, October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 08, 2010, 09:30:32 AM
Quote from: The70RT on November 08, 2010, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 08, 2010, 07:43:48 AM
Quote from: The70RT on November 07, 2010, 11:44:54 PM
This is probably one of the cleanest survivors ever - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-Big-Block-Survivor-Original-paint-/130452411255?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e5f91d377

Too bad it is not an R/T. Looking at the listed reserve (at $22,000), it is in the same ballpark of the T7 R/T from a few weeks ago. Nice car for sure however, it is either priced right, or the R/T was the deal of the decade!  :drool5:

I'm not saying the 70 was worth more. The 70 is in way better condition. A deal of the decade? I doubt it or it would have met reserve. If the 69 was as nice as the 70 it would have went for 30K IMO.
Who knows what the guy wanted for the 69 but the 70 is way better condition in every aspect. As far as survivor status....no comparison.

Reserve on the R/T was $24,900.   However, unless you saw both cars in person, "better" is a subjective term one cannot use based upon pics from the net ;)

I will say, if BOTH were R/T cars, there could be more of a comparison however, a 2bbl 383 car does not come close to a 69 R/T for value. No way...  :cheers:

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: The70RT on November 08, 2010, 06:19:34 PM

I'm not saying the 70 was worth more. The 70 is in way better condition. A deal of the decade? I doubt it or it would have met reserve. If the 69 was as nice as the 70 it would have went for 30K IMO.
Who knows what the guy wanted for the 69 but the 70 is way better condition in every aspect. As far as survivor status....no comparison.

If the 70 383 2bbl car is in fact in better condition, that's fine. But given the condition of the "Barn Find" R/T, a reserve of $24,900 was more than fair. I was shocked it did not bid to that, and more  :o

The70RT

Yeah about 5 years ago it would have been snatched up.....but isn't that what this seller bought it for a few years ago? Maybe he thought it as an investment, but now the markets down.

rarefish

It is a nice car yes.... but I question it being a true survivor. The trunk has been repainted. That is a reproduction trunk mat.  A radial tire for a spare.
  The engine compartment has been detailed. This is advertised as a 99,000 mile plus car. Does that look like a survivor engine compartment of a 40 year old car that has gone that many miles?  The top of the motor has been rebuilt and the engine has been painted. The master cylinder looks painted and the cover replated. That sure looks like restored wiper motor.
 I'm sure some people will think I'm nip picking too much on this, but I would say the 69 R/T should not be compared to the 70 as far as condition and both being survivors. The 69 R/T looks to be untouched while the 70 has had some restoration work done to it.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: rarefish on November 08, 2010, 10:03:34 PM
It is a nice car yes.... but I question it being a true survivor. The trunk has been repainted. That is a reproduction. trunk mat.  A radial tire for a spare.
  The engine compartment has been detailed. This is advertised as a 99,000 mile plus car. Does that look like a survivor engine compartment of a 40 year old car that has gone that many miles?  The top of the motor has been rebuilt and the engine has been painted. The master cylinder looks painted and the cover replated. That sure looks like restored wiper motor.
 I'm sure some people will think I'm nip picking too much on this, but I would say the 69 R/T should not be compared to the 70 as far as condition and both being survivors. The 69 R/T looks to be untouched while the 70 has had some restoration work done to it.

I agree, the yellow car HAS been gone through  :yesnod: Trunk has paint too "thick" on parts that were generally "thin"  :scratchchin:

Agreed, 69 R/T is untouched. And cool, as a result  :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Here's another original looking car - but this one has been weathered for quite some time  :o
Looks like even in dry Nevada, time can take its toll...  :Twocents:

Every one of these cars makes that 1969 R/T look better and better...  :popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-383-4-Original-Numbers-Matching-/270668284980?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f05164434#ht_7517wt_1167

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Any more pics of the T7 car? I found a few on the internet however, they are all very small  :popcrn:

TUFCAT

Mikesmoparperformance

DAMN!! What a great find that is! 69 charger R/T Looks awesome!! :2thumbs: :popcrn:

I love this! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on May 15, 2011, 09:21:51 AM
DAMN!! What a great find that is! 69 charger R/T Looks awesome!! :2thumbs: :popcrn:

I love this! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

It is by far, the nicest, original R/T I've seen! However, there does not seem to be any big pics of this car :(

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Original seller said their computer crashed and they lost all the (larger) pictures of the car.

I guess every car has a story!    :Twocents:

TUFCAT

I'm pretty sure this car at the survivor tent at Carlisle this year ...does anybody know for sure?  :shruggy:  It had hubcaps on.

Tilar

You know I think you're right because little Dave mentioned the dent on a brown 69, and it was on the left fender like this one.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Yes it was as the owners were displaying the pic of the car sitting in the barn doorway..

[edit] This pic:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tilar on July 11, 2011, 03:26:59 PM
You know I think you're right because little Dave mentioned the dent on a brown 69, and it was on the left fender like this one.

Bakerhillpins told me it was the same car.... so my credit goes to him.  :icon_smile_wink:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

It was one of the few Chargers left on the show field on Sunday. Judging by the earlier posts, it looks like the same car  :coolgleamA:

Sorry for the small pic. All I had was my camera phone  :brickwall:

01-RT-SE

I was there when they rolled it of a flat bed, neat car and they have done nothing to it. It looks just like the older pics.
69 FEELS FINE

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 01-RT-SE on July 11, 2011, 09:38:15 PM
...neat car and they have done nothing to it. It looks just like the older pics.
:iagree: :iagree: Only now, it looks much cleaner! In fact, except for a spot around the rear license plate, the chrome was nearly perfect!  :icon_smile_cool:

While checking out the car, one person at the Survivor Tent told me that Dan, the guy from Chop Cut Rebuild, was at the car on Saturday taking notes on how to put the XP Charger back together. Something about a few extra parts leftover in a box from the show :shruggy:

Car looked so much better (in real life) than the ebay pics, that's for sure!  :drool5:

Quote from: SRT-440 on October 14, 2010, 11:59:06 AM
Why is it, when ppl put cars on ebay they refuse to wash it or even wipe the dust off the interior??? That car would prolly be 10 times better if they just washed the dirt off and god forbid buff out the paint and bring back the shine. Or at the very least vacuum the floors before u take pics. Sorry I'm a bit OCD about some things..LOL.

In person, the interior was clean and the debris off the carpets. I agree, it was 10 times better than in the pics  :coolgleamA: The signboard said the car was washed off and if that is how it looked with minimal effort, I imagine it really IS a time capsule beneath the surface!

Cool reference Charger and one of my favorites from the show! :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 14, 2010, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 14, 2010, 05:30:36 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on October 14, 2010, 08:30:56 AM
Yeppers!!!  Nice car. I would buy it then give it the total restoration it deserves.
Problem with a car like that is it looks so original but really needs to be retorted.  So because it's a "barn find"  it'll sell on the high end.  But look at it close and you can see it needs body work and paint and the entire engine compartment pulled and detailed and that stuff is really expensive.  The other 68 and 70 Charger on this thread are the way to go because they were cleaned up and look original and great.  That's a nice car, but because of what it is I'll bet if you add the selling price and then what it'll cost to restore it, when it's all done it'll cost more than if someone just bought a nice already restored Charger.

100% correct. In todays market that car would be totally under water if someone actually did pay 25K for it -  and gave it the full restoration it deserves....hmmm, maybe that's why its being sold?

However, if you forget about the money and bought the car because you have your heart and soul in it, plan to keep it forever and enjoy the car... then you'll never be upside down!  :D

Found this "Survivor" (which looks to be a very nice car, BTW) on Moparts site. @ $30k for a non-R/T 383 car, the 69 Barn Find bronze Charger looks like the better deal.

But the seller is right - they can only be original, once!  :cheers:

1969 Dodge Charger Original NON-RESTORED SURVIVOR! Just turned 60,000 miles. Matching numbers original non-rebuilt 383 auto that runs and drives great!. Original paint, with very minor touch-ups. Original interior, vinyl top, glass ,bumpers, etc. It's not perfect, but is a pleasure to show and drive. Completely rebuilt front suspension, all new brakes and complete new dual exhaust. Minor split seams on front bucket seat vinyl, but have some original seat material if desired.Two small spots of rust starting in the lower rear window corners, but that's it. The trunk pan is very solid as are the floor pans and remaining original sheet metal(yes even the rear quarter panel to valence corner pieces are nice!) This car is very reliable, and I would not be afraid to travel long distances with it. Fender tag, broadcast sheet, window sticker, owners manual included . Original North Dakota car, I bought it from the importer who bought it from the original family. BC Collector Plates driven daily on nice days.
They're only original once, only selling in an effort to keep it that way.I have 30K into it. Please only call if you are willing to pay that amount to be the new owner.Interested in SRT8 Challenger or 2008 or newer Dodge Ram Cummins 4x4

--------------------
1969 Charger 60,000 mile survivor,mostly orig. paint, int,Matching #s 383, auto.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 11, 2011, 04:20:32 PM
Yes it was as the owners were displaying the pic of the car sitting in the barn doorway..

[edit] This pic:

Found another pic on my phone  :coolgleamA:

What a difference in the two pics  :o And a LONG way from the dirty, dusty barn pic  :yesnod:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM
This 69 R/T is so clean it looks like all you need to do is wash it off and drive, check it out. I can't remember seeing many original chargers this nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-all-original-survivor-/320601144619?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aa5513d2b

...another "Barn Find" on eBay - but nowhere near as clean as the bronze one from last year.

In fact, maybe a repaint? Where are the black hood inserts? 
:popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Charger-R-T-numbers-matching-barn-find-Low-miles-MOPAR-/220898540987?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336e943dbb#ht_572wt_1167

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

OldGuy

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 20, 2011, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM
This 69 R/T is so clean it looks like all you need to do is wash it off and drive, check it out. I can't remember seeing many original chargers this nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-all-original-survivor-/320601144619?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aa5513d2b

...another "Barn Find" on eBay - but nowhere near as clean as the bronze one from last year.

In fact, maybe a repaint? Where are the black hood inserts?  
:popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Charger-R-T-numbers-matching-barn-find-Low-miles-MOPAR-/220898540987?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336e943dbb#ht_572wt_1167

I noticed the guy is trying to hide the "Swiss Cheese" rot on the passenger side lower rear quarter panel as much as he can in his pictures.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

The70RT

Quarters need repalced and well as the rear valance. I bet the rear frame piece behind the valance needs replaced too. I wonder why he has no full side pics?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: The70RT on November 21, 2011, 08:17:04 PM
Quarters need repalced and well as the rear valance. I bet the rear frame piece behind the valance needs replaced too. I wonder why he has no full side pics?

Don't forget about the rust on the tops of each front fender  :o I'm thinking the road salt has caused cancer all over that car  :Twocents: and in places tough to eradicate