News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA 2014!

Started by Mopar John, November 02, 2010, 04:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

This past weekend was the one year anniversary of our Talladega 40th year AERO car reunion! It has gone by real fast! Only 4 years left to buy a wing car or get the one you have ready for the 45th Aero car reunion in 2014! I spoke to a good friend of mine this afternoon and he hopes to have his Superbird done in time for the 45th AERO car reunion! Linda and I hope to have our Superbird the way we want it by then also! I hope to see you ALL there!!!!
Mopar John

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

hemi68charger

Oh yeah !!!! I'll be there for sure................  Maybe I'll put a tow hitch on the 500 and tow the Daytona there......  :lol:

Doug, referring to your reply below mine,,,, I can't think of anything.. Everything was grand.. The ONLY thing I could see different was like in Darlington where we staged in front of the track and the spectators had more exposure to us. We paraded then to the infield for about an hour before the parade, enabling us to wander around some... The crowd really loved seeing the old iron... Unfortunately, a slow parade sometimes lends to overheating for some......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

I was thinking about it over the weekend that it's hard to believe a year has gone by already.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding the meet?   

What do you want to see or do? 

Anything different? 

All is on the table at this point.

Highbanked Hauler

A couple of laps nearer to race time so the stands would be partly filled.   I wonder what it costs to rent the track for a half day for the meet obviously  not on a race weekend . In saying that I am guessing it would be an insurance issue. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

i sure hope the economy lets me go this time 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on November 02, 2010, 09:16:10 PM
i sure hope the economy lets me go this time 

The election's over, you probably will...........  :smilielol:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

A383Wing

hotrod98

I know of at least one black Superbird that plans to be there.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

FJ5WING

I sure would like to see my BUTT there! Im sure the car will be finished and maybe even sportin a little wear by then. I gotta say Im marking the calendar.
wingless now, but still around.

pettybird

I'd make some grandiose prediction of what I'll drive down there but that would prolly lead to another trip in the B5 car.  At least he knows the way!  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 03, 2010, 08:58:12 AM
I'd make some grandiose prediction of what I'll drive down there but that would prolly lead to another trip in the B5 car.  At least he knows the way!  :lol:
old reliable

SBBob

Got to go in 1999 and had a blast, hope to make back there in 2014!!!!!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

moparstuart

Quote from: SBBob on November 03, 2010, 08:05:15 PM
I hope to shake your hand 

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on November 03, 2010, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: SBBob on November 03, 2010, 08:05:15 PM
I hope to shake your hand 

I already did...

SBBob

Stuart - Looking forwaed to the day I do get to meet you.  THANKS for getting me involved in the AERO WEBSITE.  It has been fun getting to see other peoples cars and projects.  TD in 2014 or BUST!  Yo, SBBob
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

Mopar John

Doug,
Here is a short list of things that could be added to the next reunion.
1) a Daytona - Superbird model building contest for all age groups.
2) a wing car parts and collectables swap one morning out in the trailer lot as we prep the cars for the day.
3) a period correct ladies fashion show at the Welborn plantation home.
  These ideas are intended to involve the whole family and ad intrest to an already awesome reunion!

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Mopar John on November 15, 2010, 06:17:29 PM
Doug,
2) a wing car parts and collectables swap one morning out in the trailer lot as we prep the cars for the day.
  These ideas are intended to involve the whole family and ad intrest to an already awesome reunion!

And maybe hand out official Aero Warrior Reunion® bibs, because at least I know I am a drooling idiot walking around the collection of cars.

Besides, I certainly couldn't ask for a better billboard at the Museum!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

jonw29

Dave.Tim had to have known that you were coming.I am chomping at the bit for the next one.With my car this time.JW

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on November 16, 2010, 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: Mopar John on November 15, 2010, 06:17:29 PM
Doug,

And maybe hand out official Aero Warrior Reunion® bibs, because at least I know I am a drooling idiot walking around the collection of cars.

Besides, I certainly couldn't ask for a better billboard at the Museum!

make sure you wear an orange shirt............
Troy

41husk

Still a bit down the road but I hope I can make it!!! :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

pettybird

add to the wish list that only aero cars get to go on the parade lap.  I'm not the only one who was highly annoyed at cars which didn't even race (like the coronet convertible.)  it's a nice car, but it didn't belong. 

show up and participate in anything you like, but the lap should be special. 

hemigeno

Quote from: pettybird on November 16, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
add to the wish list that only aero cars get to go on the parade lap.  I'm not the only one who was highly annoyed at cars which didn't even race (like the coronet convertible.)  it's a nice car, but it didn't belong.  

Oooohhh... does that mean only 4-speed Hemicars are allowed on the track?

:stirthepot:

:P

Sorry Doug, I couldn't resist... This is pretty much the same issue that set off a firestorm a few years ago at MonsterMopar.  You would not believe some of the comments that were made to Rich Bolzenius and I when we passed along the news.  The year before the laps were restricted (not by either of us, incidentally), a 4-door Coronet was circling the track as part of the group.  I think that incident set the wheels of change in motion.

(FWIW, my R/T hasn't been on the track since those restrictions came about -- even though I've helped arrange the track laps for many years.  It's not an Aero car.)

pettybird

you pull together 50+hemi 4 speed wing cars and I'll buy a ticket, sit in the stands and watch them pass.  then again, I could just take Marty...that new hemi easily fits under the 7 liter rule  ;)

The MMW thing I don't really understand.  it's cool to watch the wings go round (and I certainly won't complain about preferential treatment) but it's an all-Mopar show.  that only some get to play is kind of snobby, and I'm a HUGE wing car snob.  I don't know why there aren't timed admission passes for all of the show cars--it seems like it would draw more people. 

Quote from: hemigeno on November 16, 2010, 03:29:04 PM
Quote from: pettybird on November 16, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
add to the wish list that only aero cars get to go on the parade lap.  I'm not the only one who was highly annoyed at cars which didn't even race (like the coronet convertible.)  it's a nice car, but it didn't belong.  

Oooohhh... does that mean only 4-speed Hemicars are allowed on the track?

:stirthepot:

:P

Sorry Doug, I couldn't resist... This is pretty much the same issue that set off a firestorm a few years ago at MonsterMopar.  You would not believe some of the comments that were made to Rich Bolzenius and I when we passed along the news.  The year before the laps were restricted (not by either of us, incidentally), a 4-door Coronet was circling the track as part of the group.  I think that incident set the wheels of change in motion.

(FWIW, my R/T hasn't been on the track since those restrictions came about -- even though I've helped arrange the track laps for many years.  It's not an Aero car.)

nvrbdn

is it that only car bodies that raced in nascar should get to circle the track, or that only wing cars and 69 500 chargers should circle the track? :shruggy: so we count out the early mopars that ran nascar, through 68. then does that mean a clone car is not qualified to run since it really is a roadrunner or satellite in a costume? lots of datona clones too.  :shruggy: guess the rules need to be looked at so we dont have anyone upset over the wrong car cruising the track. i did it once at gateway and will remember it forever. a great time. wish everyone can get the chance to drive the track. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House