News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why California Has No Money

Started by Old Moparz, January 01, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

California:

The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor and attacks his dog.           

1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.

4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.

5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.

6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote  awareness" program for residents of the area.

7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

8. The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.

9. Additional cost to State of California : $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.

10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the State.

Arizona:

The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps  jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.

....and that, boys and girls, is why California is broke.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

oldschool

1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

BB1

I know California is a joke, that's why I live in Missouri.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

68coronetGLwannabe

Arizona is a great place to live!  :cheers:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

doctor4766

I heard there IS no Arizona......
Gotta love a '69

68blue

Lots of folks working for the government in one way or another out there. They all want to keep thier jobs. :eyes:

69Charger_440

Here in Texas our governor doesn't mess around:

From the Houston & Texas News
AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.

Perry told The Associated Press he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-pointed bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes — and that he'd seen coyotes in that area.

When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.

"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," Perry said.

learical1

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 01, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

Arizona:

The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps  jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

If you saw the debate before the AZ gubernatorial race, you'd know it would take Jan Brewer 16 seconds to remember that she was packing heat.  By that time, her Chihuahua would be dead, and the coyote would be asking Glendale's mayor for better terms or he and his friends might just leave for Canada.
Bruce

Landonsrt

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 01, 2011, 11:54:30 PM
I heard there IS no Arizona......

I think the same thing about that song when I hear the mention of Arizona.....

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: learical1 on January 04, 2011, 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 01, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

Arizona:

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps  jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

If you saw the debate before the AZ gubernatorial race, you'd know it would take Jan Brewer 16 seconds to remember that she was packing heat.  By that time, her Chihuahua would be dead, and the coyote would be asking Glendale's mayor for better terms or he and his friends might just leave for Canada.

You forgot Sheriff Joe was right behind her and rounded up the Coyote. The Coyote was detained for transporting the chihuahua across the southern border. It was later found out the Coyote killed the Chihuahua because he would not pay more to have his family smuggled across the border. Sheriff Joe told the rest of the Coyotes to go ahead and go to Canada because they have free healthcare for them. Just don't go through Maricopa county to get there. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition Long live Sheriff Joe and his Posse.

Sheriff Joe "Toughest Sheriff in America"
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

learical1

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on January 15, 2011, 10:08:53 AM
Long live Sheriff Joe and his Posse.

Somebody needs to douche the posse so sheriff Joe won't stink so bad.
Bruce

71charger

You guys are lucky I h8 it here commifornia aka the peoples republik of kalifornia
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Tilar

Quote from: learical1 on January 15, 2011, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on January 15, 2011, 10:08:53 AM
Long live Sheriff Joe and his Posse.

Somebody needs to douche the posse so sheriff Joe won't stink so bad.

More sheriffs need to aspire to what Joe is. The rest are there just for the money and bragging rights where Joe is there to do what he was elected to do.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TK73

Quote from: 71charger on June 04, 2011, 02:15:08 PM
You guys are lucky I h8 it here commifornia aka the peoples republik of kalifornia

That's easy to remedy, move...

I'd say try Arkansas or Oklahoma. 
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Tilar

Quote from: TK73 on June 12, 2011, 10:46:01 AM
Quote from: 71charger on June 04, 2011, 02:15:08 PM

That's easy to remedy, move...

I'd say try Arkansas or Oklahoma. 

I agree. Both are great states and neither one demonstrates the stupidity that comes from the california lawmakers.
Dave  

71charger

Id love to move but im more of a water guy. maybe texas or someplace that is close to the ocean. moving..... easier said than done

Tilar

I just sold my home in Texas this last January. I was about 250 miles north of the gulf.  If it weren't for the fact that my parents are getting up in years and need a little help now and then I'd still be there.
Dave  

71charger

Kalifornia has the most laws in the whole us. rifles can only have a 10 round clip which can't be relased without a bullet button its some bull.

TK73

I was actually joking about Oklahoma or Arkansas.  both SUCK  :moon:  

Point being moving there will teach one to appreciate where they came from.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Tilar

I thought you were being sarcastic but figured that maybe you had never actually been to either state longer than to drive through them and were making an assumption, Both states are actually very nice and the people there aren't full of themselves like most of the ones in CA.   

Actually in all the states I went through when driving OTR, None are as full of themselves as people in California... Although for some reason Massivetwoshits comes in a close second.  :yesnod:
Dave  

California has some great pockets to live in and a lot to offer. Of course we pay the most for many things and have some of the most ridiculous laws it's still not a bad place.

I wouldn't say most Californians are full of themselves. Like anything it depends where you go, there's good parts and bad ones in everyplace.

I would have to say Oregon/Washington would be the best states, or at least that's where I'd want to go from CA..

You know what they say......The grass is always greener on the other side...

BB1

Wrong, I was born and raised in California. I left like everyone else in the mid 90's. I will never live in that hell hole, tax infested, Hollywood clap trap no future state, if it was the last place on earth.  :yesnod:

So help me GOD.  :RantExplode:
Delete my profile

Plum Crazy 68

Here in California I'm......  Afraid to open a business due to tax liabilities, licenses, fees and fines.  Afraid to open a store because of sue happy people with an ocean of lawyers.  Afraid to drive without getting hit by someone who is not supposed to be here.  Afraid to fix my house up because the taxes assessed will increase.  Afraid to leave because everywhere else is full of ex-Californians that no one likes.  Been here 40 years and have not enjoyed anything but the weather.  And if there are eleven coyotes in a pack we are in deep do do.

xpbprox