News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG MAKES THE PAPER

Started by 67hcode, January 03, 2006, 03:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67hcode

I know, you probably think it's for something bad..maybe ripping people off or some other worthwhile story...no such luck!
I happen to live in Lake Villa and a friend gave me a copy of the local paper he saved from back in Nov. On the cover is no other than Hans himself with a nice write up about him and his business. Scary!  wonder how many people will do business with them after reading that.
Talk about a paper/ reporter without a clue!  The article was in the Lake Villa Review, managing editor is Michale Bivona 847 599-6948 and the writer of the article was Marcia Sagendorph 847 599-6947   Figured some of you might want to let them know who they're writing about!  I would have posted a copy of the article but not sure if there would be copyright issues.

Old Moparz

I bet helpgagme advertises in the same paper that wrote nicely about them. I've seen it in the past, & also with radio & television. If he doesn't advertise at all in that paper, & the paper learns of their business practices, they may not retract anything because of ego.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RD

does the article have their email addresses?   more will probably get done thru that modem of communication than anything.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

I'm continually amazed at how that SOB is able to skate while screwing people over. Meanwhile, business owners with good character and morals get run out of town on a rail.

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 03, 2006, 03:37:35 PM
I bet helpgagme advertises in the same paper that wrote nicely about them. I've seen it in the past, & also with radio & television. If he doesn't advertise at all in that paper, & the paper learns of their business practices, they may not retract anything because of ego.

I wouldn't doubt it. More than once I was pressured to do the same thing when I worked as a newspaper reporter. The one time I did it I totally botched it and it turned out to be a big mess. I think that was the last time it happened with me. ;D

67hcode

I didn't see any specific email addresses. The main address for the paper is Pioneerlocal.com    They are the publishers of a few different local papers, Lake Villa review being one of them

Headrope

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 03:39:30 PM
I'm continually amazed at how that SOB is able to skate while screwing people over. Meanwhile, business owners with good character and morals get run out of town on a rail.

I wouldn't doubt it. More than once I was pressured to do the same thing when I worked as a newspaper reporter. The one time I did it I totally botched it and it turned out to be a big mess. I think that was the last time it happened with me. ;D

For which paper were you a reporter and when, Bull?
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Charger_Fan

I agree! He seems pretty slippery...he must soak in vaseline all night. :D
So maybe a well placed call or e-mail to the next largest paper that covers that area would work. It would be a "2 birds with 1 stone" deal...they get to expose HLPAG & also discredit the other newspaper at the same time. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 03, 2006, 05:14:50 PM
I agree! He seems pretty slippery...he must soak in vaseline all night. :D
So maybe a well placed call or e-mail to the next largest paper that covers that area would work. It would be a "2 birds with 1 stone" deal...they get to expose HLPAG & also discredit the other newspaper at the same time. ;D
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Quote from: Headrope on January 03, 2006, 04:23:58 PM

For which paper were you a reporter and when, Bull?

I started as an intern with the Sandy Post (http://www.sandypost.com/), a weekly newspaper in Sandy, Oregon while still in college and after I graduated I got hired on at The Gresham Outlook (http://www.theoutlookonline.com/), a twice-weekly paper in Gresham, Oregon. They are both owned by the same company. I only worked at The Outlook for 18 months in '98 and '99 because we had a daughter and needed more money. I don't think I got more than $10/hr. there. At The Outlook I covered government for three small towns, the business beat and did movie reviews. In Sandy it's a one-man show, you have to do it all. I really enjoyed the movie reviews.

Chris G.

Quote from: 67hcode on January 03, 2006, 03:31:38 PM
I would have posted a copy of the article but not sure if there would be copyright issues.

Copyright?   :rotz:   Post it up NOW. I dare 'ya.   :icon_smile_wink:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 07:13:23 PM
I started as an intern with the Sandy Post (http://www.sandypost.com/),

Dude I was just in Sandy... How close are you to it???  lol 

bull

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 03, 2006, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 07:13:23 PM
I started as an intern with the Sandy Post (http://www.sandypost.com/),

Dude I was just in Sandy... How close are you to it??? ? lol ?

Dude, I still live in Gresham, something like 12 miles away. You didn't read your "Any good wrecking yards in Portland" thread after you started it did you? http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7556.0.html We could have met for lunch.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:33:35 PM
Dude, I still live in Gresham, something like 12 miles away. You didn't read your "Any good wrecking yards in Portland" thread after you started it did you? http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7556.0.html We could have met for lunch.
I did read it but jammed before It had 2-3 posts...  I noticed alot of areas that looked like "Silvertown"  :)

bull

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 03, 2006, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:33:35 PM
I noticed alot of areas that looked like "Silvertown"   :)

Not sure what that means but, ok...

Silver R/T

would like to see that article
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

67hcode