News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whatever happen to the D-C.com Charger?

Started by *, January 05, 2006, 03:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What happened to that Charger that members donated money to from the old D-C.com site?
In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

greenpigs

Yellowcuda still has it and the money, she was\is working on the supercharged Hemi last I heard.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mefirst

To my knowledge Shelley and Jonathan were first going to finish the Blower Charger, after it is done, then they would start the DC.com Charger project..

/Tom

greenpigs

Quote from: Mefirst on January 05, 2006, 08:23:09 AM
To my knowledge Shelley and Jonathan were first going to finish the Blower Charger, after it is done, then they would start the DC.com Charger project..

/Tom

Gee, that sounds nothing like my previous post.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

andy74

play nice you two,if i can refrain from saying  the f word,you can do it :icon_smile_big:

I don't mean to be the turd in a punch bowl but this started about a year ago if I remember, so why take donations for a project you are not going to start right away? To be honest I thoght it was a bad idea from the start and the only gains from it are the people who recieved the donations.
I could have it all wrong here and be speaking out my a$$. Help me understand if I am wrong.
-------------------

moparguy01

Quote from: 493Charger on January 05, 2006, 01:28:59 PM
I don't mean to be the turd in a punch bowl but this started about a year ago if I remember, so why take donations for a project you are not going to start right away? To be honest I thoght it was a bad idea from the start and the only gains from it are the people who recieved the donations.
I could have it all wrong here and be speaking out my a$$. Help me understand if I am wrong.
Thanks, Jim.

ive been saying the same thing since the beginning. only thing it got me was a couple rude pms in the chatroom.....

Charger_Fan

Is this your version of a "Where's the t-shirts" thread?
How do you know the car isn't being worked on? How about just start a thread asking about it & wait for an answer, instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions?

What a load of crap. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 05, 2006, 01:51:30 PM
Is this your version of a "Where's the t-shirts" thread?
How do you know the car isn't being worked on? How about just start a thread asking about it & wait for an answer, instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions?

What a load of crap. :rotz:

Ha! A believer. And let me guess...... Your are still waiting for your T shirt???
-------------------

Chris G.

Jim, did you donate money for this project?

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 05, 2006, 02:02:56 PM

I learned from the T Shirt fiasco. Just asking a question and not getting any answers on how the project is coming along.
-------------------

RD

who cares?   if you you sent money to shelley and jonathan, then obviously you weren't expecting right then results.   from the get-go, neither of them claimed that they were to start work on the car right away anyhow.   That was understood by those who sent them money and offers for parts.   I, for one, have sent them money and do not expect the resto to be right away.   Patience is a great virtue, after all, Rome was not built in a day.

oh and back to my original point.... if you did not send money to help them out (I am assuming you did not) then why should you care?

If you did send them money, then you would have remembered the original threads where shelley stated they would complete their charger first then work on the dc.com charger (why stop a resto half-way through to start another one?).   She also provided monthly updates of part acquisition and monetary accounting.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

Quote from: 493Charger on January 05, 2006, 02:06:57 PM

I learned from the T Shirt fiasco. Just asking a question and not getting any answers on how the project is coming along.

have you tried pm'ing shelley?  aka yellowcuda
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Please don't be so defensive. I am just asking a question and I seem to be asking some sensitive questions.
My offer for donation to my car still stand though.
-------------------

Chris G.

Quote from: 493Charger on January 05, 2006, 02:06:57 PM

OK, so you didn't have anything to do with this car, but felt you needed to start a post about it and proceed to call it a bad idea? Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you about not participating in this thing, but why on earth would you or I start a thread about it? You're obviously trying to stir the pot. You will now proceed to twist it into something else by saying that you were only asking a question.

Bottom Line, I don't see your point in posting this unless you had donated money. The t-shirts thing was from a totally different person.

I ask a lot of questions to things I had nothing to do with because I like answers.
Back to my question, whatever happened to the car? What is the progress?

-------------------

TruckDriver

I believe they also moved or were building a new garage or both.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

Quote from: 493Charger on January 05, 2006, 02:19:03 PM
I ask a lot of questions to things I had nothing to do with because I like answers.
Back to my question, whatever happened to the car? What is the progress?

again, i say, pm yellowcuda.   she will be more than happy to provide you with the updates of the cars progress. and I apologize for sounding a little too defensive.   Shelley is just a good person as well as Jonathan.   There really is no need for negative opinions to be laid out in the public with no reason for them.

Your "bad idea" post can be best related to how most of the individuals on this board thought that you were making a terrible mistake selling your charger for your quest in speed.   I am sure you did not appreciate their comments (and some of them were downright lambasting you).   

So my question is why would you display such a negative opinion to others' project if you know how it may put some on the defensive?   To thine ownself be true.

Thanks, Jim.
Here is my quote above. If I am indeed speaking out my a$$ then I stand corrected and I will drop this like a hot potato.
-------------------

RD

Quote from: 493Charger on January 05, 2006, 02:32:07 PM
Thanks, Jim.
Here is my quote above. If I am indeed speaking out my a$$ then I stand corrected and I will drop this like a hot potato.

i think your question is legitimate and you are not speaking out your hiney.  I just think you used the wrong modem of communication to find your answer.  If I were you, I would just PM shelley if you wanted to know about the progress on the car.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on January 05, 2006, 02:27:13 PM

Your "bad idea" post can be best related to how most of the individuals on this board thought that you were making a terrible mistake selling your charger for your quest in speed.   I am sure you did not appreciate their comments (and some of them were downright lambasting you).   

So my question is why would you display such a negative opinion to others' project if you know how it may put some on the defensive?   To thine ownself be true.
:iagree:

Jim, did you read the link that Shakey posted? It explains a lot of it right there.
Quote from: yellowcuda on September 04, 2005, 12:57:55 PM
We had to move to build a bigger garage to restore this car, because we just finished the 2nd Charger and ran out of garage space.  This cars resto. has officially been put in front of my Cuda's restoration  :'( but that is OK.  The garage is almost done.  The car is being kept inside of it to curb any further damage.  We are waiting on a 3rd inspection so that we can finish the electrical.  At that point we will begin the attack on the car.

Shelley & Jonathan aren't a restoration company, they are doing this in their own garage...so one would expect that after they jump a few hurdles that come along just as part of life, they will get back to working on the DC.com car...assuming they haven't started yet, which we don't know for sure yet.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 05, 2006, 02:38:28 PM
Quote from: RD on January 05, 2006, 02:27:13 PM

Your "bad idea" post can be best related to how most of the individuals on this board thought that you were making a terrible mistake selling your charger for your quest in speed.  I am sure you did not appreciate their comments (and some of them were downright lambasting you). 

So my question is why would you display such a negative opinion to others' project if you know how it may put some on the defensive?  To thine ownself be true.
:iagree:

Jim, did you read the link that Shakey posted? It explains a lot of it right there.
Quote from: yellowcuda on September 04, 2005, 12:57:55 PM
We had to move to build a bigger garage to restore this car, because we just finished the 2nd Charger and ran out of garage space.  This cars resto. has officially been put in front of my Cuda's restoration  :'( but that is OK.  The garage is almost done.  The car is being kept inside of it to curb any further damage.  We are waiting on a 3rd inspection so that we can finish the electrical.  At that point we will begin the attack on the car.

Shelley & Jonathan aren't a restoration company, they are doing this in their own garage...so one would expect that after they jump a few hurdles that come along just as part of life, they will get back to working on the DC.com car...assuming they haven't started yet, which we don't know for sure yet.

I read it and saw it was posted on September 04, 2005 and figured there must be a newer update.
-------------------

yellowcuda

Well, first of all let me say that anyone that has seen this car would understand that the 175.00 that is in savings from donations (50.00 which we started with our money) won't touch ANY of the car.  I was doing updates every 1st of the month, but sorry I have had some issues come up for November and December.  My bad.
We have found some parts for the car and we are about 3 weeks from the garage being totally finished, until then we have no 220 and no lights, so not much can happen.  We explained from the beginning that we are doing the resto with our own time and 99% our own money, this car will take a couple of years after it is started, it need almost everything down to the frame. Including some of the frame.  All people that donated have been told OVER AND OVER that their money gives them a name in the book that is going to be shown with the car and that they participated in the DC.com car.
Anyone that would like can gladly have their money returned to them, I have all of it logged and we will still restore the car and if Troy would like, still have it be the official car.
What frustrates me so much is that instead of checking to see if there was a thread about this (like the one is Sept) people just assume we were out to take money and run. 
Trust me that's not worth 125.00.
Let me know what ya'll want to do and if you want to forget it, I will return the money and my Cuda can be restored first because Jonathan won't feel obligated in the 6 months he has home a year to work on this car first.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

472 R/T SE

What did they receive in donations...$200-300?  If I remember correctly it wasn't much, so that should say a lot.
John and Shelly are well off $$ enuf to reimburse anyone that questions their motive I would think.  There is no t-shirt comparison.

You still a little sore over not getting your stickers Jim. :-* :icon_smile_big:  I'll put a couple bucks in the mail. ;)
Jim, some of those extra parts you sold with your car probably could have helped.  Maybe you still have some to donate. :icon_smile_sleepy: