News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on June 15, 2011, 07:48:06 PM
We are south of Indy. I will make it easy and just post our address. 1320 Inverness Farms Road, Martinsville Indiana 46151. There is a total of 21 houses on our street and we are the second house once you get up the hill in the neighborhood. If I had to guess there is about 3.5 acres of grass area that is flat enough to park trucks or trailers on.

if you're having us out to Martinsville we pretty much have to bring the B5 car...that's where it last lived before we got it!

He was out here a couple years back but it aught to knock his socks off to see it repainted...

Aero426

UPDATE - The Wingate hotel is full.    We have just arranged for rooms at The Baymont Inn which is a sister hotel to the Wingate.    It is 10 miles from the Wingate.    Rate is $79 per night.   Phone for reservations at the Comfort Inn is 317-837-9000.    Mention the Aero Warriors block to get the rate.    This block will be set up by 10 AM on 6/23.

hemi68charger

Man.... I look at intellicast.com every day.... Will Indiana ever STOP getting rain.. I mean, it's one train of thunderstorms after another.. Danny, has it been that bad up there? It's coming down there now........  (noonish time Monday).

I'll obviously be monitoring the conditions as the days of the event approach.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

i cant speak for danny and martinsville, but it seems like it's been raining forever 60 miles northeast of there.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69_500

Yeah its been a very rainy spring so far. On the bright side Indiana's weather is known for changing on a dime though. Could be thunderstorms one day then 90 and humid the next. Pretty much been rain just about every 2-3 days since march. Which makes keeping up on the lawn cutting a major chore. But I haven't fallen behind just yet for the summer.

3--Daytona

69-500   ,,,hemi68charger
      Hey  Guys
My grandfather told me years ago( if it dont rain,it will be one hell of a dry spell}

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on June 21, 2011, 10:32:19 AM
69-500   ,,,hemi68charger
      Hey  Guys
My grandfather told me years ago( if it dont rain,it will be one hell of a dry spell}

Yeap,,,
Jim, that's what we have in Central and SouthEast Texas now..............  The dry-spell.. The rain this morning was the first measureable amount in literally months....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

Guys,  new hotel information if you still need a room.

Baymont Inn
6010 Gateway Dr
Plainfield, IN  46168
317-837-9000
$79 night

This hotel is 10 miles from the main hotel (Wingate).    It's owned by the same people.  

*** If you booked a room at the Comfort Inn & Suites next door to the Wingate,  several people have called and had difficulty getting the agreed rate and have been asked for a four day minimum by the owner.   A few people did get in there at the agreed terms.  In light of the potential problem, we went back to the Wingate people and they arranged the block at the Baymont.    I have removed the Comfort Inn information from my earlier post a week ago.

rainbow4jd

A followup to my comments at the raffle...

Remember, the reason that we are invited to the Indy Car race.... it is to provide "value" to the paying ticket holders.    Or, as someone Friday night said to me, "It's like we are working for the race track" - and that is precisely the case.   In some small way, Indy is hoping that someone who attends the race will look at the actual race, as well as everything else (including the Wing Cars) and go "Wow!  I want to come back to Indy again, next year!"  Our job, is to help Indy sell tickets.

So in that regard, IF it is successful, and the feedback is positive - we might get invited back EVERY year!  As a result, here are a few tips....

1) IF you encounter an Indy Official - let them know how excited you are to "help give the fans a good show".  Don't be excited to be there (even though you are) but be excited to "do anything we can to help the race fans have a great time"

2) When you interact with race attendees, always compliment the folks at "Indy".   Say to the fans, "This is a great event, isn't it?"  "We're happy to be here to help the folks at Indy give you a race experience that's the best in the world!"   You get the idea.   "Sell" the race, as you talk about your car.

3)Be prepared for anything. 

The actual NASCAR officials (not Indy) are in charge of managing the race event.  The things they DON"T want to worry about is one of the Wing Cars dropping oil or debris on the track that they would then have to spend extra time cleaning up - so if someone has a puddle under your car - that could lead to NASCAR saying "no parade lap" for anyone.  You get the point.  Clean, dependable cars are what they want to see.

Also, the other concern will be "how many cars do you have??  Wow, that's a lot!"  As a result, you want to let the officials know you have a plan to get 75 cars on and off the track quickly.  The way to do this is to have the cars pre-numbered 1-2-3.  If your car is a "1", you go to th bottom row.  A "2", will be in the middle, and most likely directly behind the pace car.  A "3" goes to the top.  That way you have three abreast and it is done quickly.  You also want to exit the track in the same order.

Ask the pace car driver to set a steady consistent speed, say 70 mph, ("because that's good for cooling") and everyone needs to maintain consistent spacing of about 1-2 car lengths between.  You don't want any rear enders, so its not the time for irregular speeds! 

Finally, the weather is your enemy.  IF they've had rain in the morning, their focus will be on getting the track dry.  They may cancel the parade lap so the jet driers can work the track.  It might be suggested that 75 Wing Cars running laps around the track might be even more effective in helping dry the track!   (Just thinking ahead)

Wish I could be with you all - but I'm countng on you all to make such a great impression that it will become an annual event! (And I'll be there in 2013)

hemi68charger

Quote from: rainbow4jd on June 26, 2011, 01:21:00 AM

Good pointers. Now, I need to take videos and send them off to Texas so I can sell an Aero's display there, that'll be the closest event to me within a "normal" traveling distance.

Oh, rainbow.............  your name? Sorry for not knowing..
Troy

rainbow4jd

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 27, 2011, 06:36:56 AM
Quote from: rainbow4jd on June 26, 2011, 01:21:00 AM

Good pointers. Now, I need to take videos and sand them off to Texas so I can sell an Aero's display there, that'll be the closest event to me within a "normal" traveling distance.

Oh, rainbow.............  your name? Sorry for not knowing..

Sorry  ---  Steve Vance.  I work for Ford Motor and one of my former jobs was Marketing Manager - I did a lot of Mustang Club and Regional Race Events at one time.

Aero426

Another hotel option has surfaced:   

Wyndham Airport Indianapolis
2544 Executive Dr
Indianapolis, IN
317-248-2481

They just dropped their rates to $109 per night.   We have no block, just call to make a reservation.   This is the same side of town as the "Wingate by Wyndham" which is fully booked.    Distance between hotels is only a few miles. 

I mention the above hotel as the word on the street is that the Baymont Inn at $79 is very basic and is older.    Probably OK for a couple guys going to the races.  If you're bringing a family, you may want the nicer accomodations of the Wyndham Airport.   

Aero426

RECHRGD

Quote from: Aero426 on June 30, 2011, 08:36:53 AM
We're over the 90 car mark.  Will we make 100?

Wow!!  Have any of the Mopar mags been made aware of this event?
13.53 @ 105.32

Mopurr

I just left a comment on Rutledge Woods FB page that the Aero cars will be at the Brickyard.

Aero426

I spoke to the people at IMS last Thursday.   They will be sending a registration form to me.   As soon as I receive it, I will forward it by email or post a link to it here.   Those of you attending will need to turn this form around quickly back to IMS.   This is the mechanism that will get you the passes.   It's not yet clear whether they will be distributed in advance, or will be picked up in person.    I will fill you in as soon as this question is answered.   

69_500

Doug have they said what he prices are going to be? I don't think I can stick around for the race on Sunday, but I'll be there before the race if that is alright. Kind of like how we did Talladega. But if I have to pay for a ticket to the race to get in on Sunday I'll do that too.

Aero426

Danny, If you are present for the car display, you will get the passes comped.

69_500

I'm really impressed that there is really close to 100 cars going to be there for this. In such a short amount of time it is really amazing.

BradD

I am trying to get 3 birds and a daytona from here in New Castle to go since it is only an hour away! They are a little gun shy after the tornado's. lol

Brad

Mopurr

the T word is not to be mentioned in conjunction with a meet in Indy.......just saying having been in one of the vehicles hit.......no mention of that word.......

And yes we will be there and I think about everyone else in the vehicles hit will too.

held1823

brad dorn, i assume? long time no see, my friend. (this is ernie h). i would have offered to take dad's heap, but there was no mention of making parade laps with it on a trailer.

by the way, remind larry that you have the skills to repair whatever mother nature throws at him.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopurr on July 02, 2011, 09:57:49 PM
the T word is not to be mentioned in conjunction with a meet in Indy.........

Does that mean I can't go?

Troy

:eek2:
Troy

Mopurr

Troy unless, you have become a texas tornado coming to Indy, things should be fine

You do know about the 2002 DSAC meet in Indy that we were hit by a tornado......that is why you don't mention the T word in conjunction with the meet.

3--Daytona

Hey---At least Mopurr braved the storm in a valent effort to save there car,--  me, I got shoved into the cooler of the drive- inn--in the dark--with other people.