News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 22, 2011, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: Mopurr on July 22, 2011, 09:25:21 AM
Just received the email of info!!!!!

Me too.. Here's where we'll be displaying our cars.... Not far from the pond... Maybe they won't get upset if we take a dive if it's a superhot day.....  :icon_smile_big:  Or, a round of golf.
no skinny dipping troy    :icon_smile_big: :scared: :scared:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2011, 11:47:59 AM

Me too.. Here's where we'll be displaying our cars.... Not far from the pond... Maybe they won't get upset if we take a dive if it's a superhot day.....  :icon_smile_big:  Or, a round of golf.

What about skinny golf?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 22, 2011, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2011, 11:47:59 AM

What about skinny golf?
sure but i would bet they will send the guys in the white coats after you  . You dont mind rubber rooms do you ?   

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on July 22, 2011, 08:04:12 AM

We're bringing Marty, too...the backup/other car would be the Petty car, but I have a very strong reason to want to bring the B5 car...

It must really suck to have a backup wing car.   

69_500

Quote from: Aero426 on July 22, 2011, 12:58:09 PM

We're bringing Marty, too...the backup/other car would be the Petty car, but I have a very strong reason to want to bring the B5 car...

Yeah it must, but then again you have a back up wing car too Doug. Maybe if were to change my name to "Doug" I could get multiple wing cars, but you guys don't have the wing car I want though. Hmmm.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on July 22, 2011, 01:44:33 PM
but you guys don't have the wing car I want though. Hmmm.

well, OK, I guess we won't hand over the keys to our Corporation Blue 4 speed car   :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

Thats fine because of the ones you have Doug, I prefer that nice yard ornament you have. :)

And am I still the only one who didn't get an email back from the track? I did get one to comfirm the info i sent them a few weeks ago, but nothing about a plan or any more infomation as to when we should get there or any of that. I have what Doug posted on the first few pages written down but not sure if it has changed at all since then.

Aero426

Danny, send Katie a note at kschultz@brickyard.com that you rec'd the initial acknowledgement, but did not get todays email on the schedule.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on July 22, 2011, 12:58:09 PM

he even has a back up for his back up

Jerry C500

I just checked e-mail and received info from Katie. We are leaving Thurs. AM . We will pick up I-72 just north of Pittsfield off Route 107. See everyone in Indy . Have a safe trip everyone. See you 69 500 Thurs. evening, tell Dakota his favorite car will be there. Jerry

69_500

Jerry he is already excited. He is sitting here next to me now and a huge smile just shot over his face. You might make sure to park it away from the house so that he doesn't try to find some way to keep it here forever.

Jerry C500

nitrometal

Well gang, the Mopar gods have struck again   :brickwall:  What have you started Scott? (don't take that serious, I'm just kidding).  I was so sorry to hear about your motor cratering and your wife (by the way, what is broken in your photo?  I don't see it).

I had just finished installing tubular upper A-arms with dual shocks each side and was driving it over to the alignment shop and the tranny (727 auto) puked halfway there. It never seemed to be running properly since I won it, it ran really sluggish, but it has been getting me there. I called a tow truck and took it over to our city's most reputable transmission shop.  I just got word that it is history and they can rebuild it back to stock condition for around $1.5k and it wouldn't be ready until Wednesday at the earliest (I live in the middle of nowhere Texas and everything has to be shipped in).  I was planning on being most of the way there by Wednesday evening!

Plus, I hate the idea of a "stock" transmission.  For that kinda money I can get a Streetfighter package (or similar) and really wake the car up.  I've been tossing around the idea of converting it over to a manual tranny to fit the racing theme anyway.  I'd hate to spend that much money on a temporary transmission and then convert over to manual.

I just saw a 727 Torqueflight on Craigslist nearby for $400 and I'm waiting for a call back.  I wouldn't mind slapping in something that cheap temporarily but I'd have to thrash to get it done for the trip.

Oh, what to do?  I really don't want to miss the opportunity to drive at Indy!!!  :'(
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

moparstuart

Quote from: nitrometal on July 22, 2011, 03:26:37 PM
Well gang, the Mopar gods have struck again   :brickwall:  What have you started Scott? (don't take that serious, I'm just kidding).  I was so sorry to hear about your motor cratering and your wife (by the way, what is broken in your photo?  I don't see it).

I had just finished installing tubular upper A-arms with dual shocks each side and was driving it over to the alignment shop and the tranny (727 auto) puked halfway there. It never seemed to be running properly since I won it, it ran really sluggish, but it has been getting me there. I called a tow truck and took it over to our city's most reputable transmission shop.  I just got word that it is history and they can rebuild it back to stock condition for around $1.5k and it wouldn't be ready until Wednesday at the earliest (I live in the middle of nowhere Texas and everything has to be shipped in).  I was planning on being most of the way there by Wednesday evening!

Plus, I hate the idea of a "stock" transmission.  For that kinda money I can get a Streetfighter package (or similar) and really wake the car up.  I've been tossing around the idea of converting it over to a manual tranny to fit the racing theme anyway.  I'd hate to spend that much money on a temporary transmission and then convert over to manual.

I just saw a 727 Torqueflight on Craigslist nearby for $400 and I'm waiting for a call back.  I wouldn't mind slapping in something that cheap temporarily but I'd have to thrash to get it done for the trip.

Oh, what to do?  I really don't want to miss the opportunity to drive at Indy!!!  :'(
find a good used one and slap it in there   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopurr

Just spoke to Jim Wells and he was up in the hotel area of Indy yesterday and lots of road construction at the I70 to I465 exit......so just a heads up for next week.

RECHRGD

I got the E-mail also.  We made it into Omaha today and will be leaving Wednesday for Peoria, Ill..  We had a trailer tire come apart at 75mph outside of Rapid City yesterday.  No damage done and bought a new spare in the next town.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

41husk

I did not receive my email, but last week she emailed me to say they received my registration and other info would follow :scratchchin:  If mine doesn't come I am sure some one will point my dad and I in the right direction.  I am getting excited!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Aero426

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 22, 2011, 06:19:08 PM
I got the E-mail also.  We made it into Omaha today and will be leaving Wednesday for Peoria, Ill..  We had a trailer tire come apart at 75mph outside of Rapid City yesterday.  No damage done and bought a new spare in the next town.  Bob

Goodyear recommends up to 10 psi over the rated sidewall pressure on their Marathon ST tires for sustained travel over 65.   A little extra air pressure won't hurt.

RECHRGD

Quote from: Aero426 on July 22, 2011, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on July 22, 2011, 06:19:08 PM

Goodyear recommends up to 10 psi over the rated sidewall pressure on their Marathon ST tires for sustained travel over 65.   A little extra air pressure won't hurt.

Correct!  I learned that my pressure gauge actually read 10 lbs. high.  Got a new gauge and added 15lbs..  Rides much better now.  Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

3--Daytona

More tires go bad from low pressure,more than anything. This little" warm spell" we are having makes it a lot worse My trailer tires are 16in,carry 100 lbs.
Congrat, to you for making a cross U S trip for this event,hope you all have lots of fun.

RECHRGD

Quote from: 3--Daytona on July 23, 2011, 01:13:14 PM
More tires go bad from low pressure,more than anything. This little" warm spell" we are having makes it a lot worse My trailer tires are 16in,carry 100 lbs.
Congrat, to you for making a cross U S trip for this event,hope you all have lots of fun.

The guy at the tire store said that they've had a ton of tires go bad during this "warm spell" due to the hot pavement.  Probably pressure problems too.

We will have fun.....This is definitely a bucket list thing for us and I'm thankful to the elite "wing people" for letting a lowly '68 join their ranks.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

3--Daytona

Wait untell you meet some of these "wing car" people, you will see just how "lowly" some of them are.  Naw, just kidding,we are a very good bunch of people. See you soon.

41husk

My dad is comming and he is an MG guy, and you know how snoody the brits can be.  He is almost done restoring his 1953 MG TD.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

69_500

I will say this about the AERO car community. They are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met at all of the car shows I have ever attended. I would say that is because there is still a large portion of them that have owned these cars since the mid 70's to early 80's before the prices really went crazy.