News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window cranks very hard...

Started by rarefish, June 12, 2011, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rarefish

On my 68 the driver's window cranks up and down very hard. Any ideas that I can to fix it?  :shruggy:

68X426

Me too. Easy 1/2 way, then very hard at top. :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68 RT

Take door panel off and check for any binding, may just need some grease, or cleaned and greased. When it get hard to roll up half way I would say your glass needs aligned. Also check your spring, may be broke.  :cheers:

jaak

Quote from: 68 RT on June 13, 2011, 11:00:24 AM
Take door panel off and check for any binding, may just need some grease, or cleaned and greased. When it get hard to roll up half way I would say your glass needs aligned. Also check your spring, may be broke.  :cheers:

I agree, could be alignment issues. My passenger side would roll fine about 1/2 way then get nearly impossible to move. I noticed the 'allen screw' and square nut was missing (at the vent window). Anyways I replaced those, and aligned everything, now it rolls up/down effortlessly.

Jason

HANDM

New whiskers?

I put in new outside rear and inside/ ouside door rubbers and whiskers and now they are a bitch to roll up, before, smooth as......well, glass!

green69rt

If the window rollers have never been replaced then it might be one of those has cracked or broken off.  That will throw things out of alignment and make things hard to crank.  Get a flashlight and look down inside the window slot or take off the door panel and look thru the openings to see how things are moving around as you crank on the window.   

68X426

Thank you for the tips everyone, I'll be at it this weekend.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow