News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine compartment pics.

Started by rare69, January 11, 2006, 08:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

will be installing a motor in the car one of these days and would love to know where everything is supposed to go.and what a stock and modified engine compartment done right looks like.

694spdRT

Here is my stock '69 440. The electronic ignition box is not correct for 1969.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69pistolgripRT

Here is my modified engine bay.
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

hemi68charger

Here's the engine compartment of my '69 Charger 500...  Yes, I know, that's a '68 wiper motor..    :angel:  Putting the two speed back in.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

General_01

Here's my modified engine bay.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

rare69

WOW! killer response, thanks for your help guys. hopefully the car will do the site justice.

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: rare69 on January 11, 2006, 11:04:12 PM
WOW! killer response, thanks for your help guys.

Thats what makes the hobby and this site great.......Oh, I feel like kissing someone....the fellowship IS BEAUTIFUL  ::)

Here is my nice engine and ugly bay.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

MikeD

Here one

8WHEELER

Well I did not think this thread was for pics, but I have a few.

First is modified and before I painted the engine bay
Second is the same engine, no headers, intake, chrome
But the 850 dp is still under the air cleaner, as well as all the inside goodies
This is the first time in 27yrs its looked stock, my chev friends hate it, ugly color no chrome yuck.......

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69_500

How long until Chris post a picture of his engine compartment on here? Troy I thought Dana had a 6 pac set up on her? Or did you change that out a long time ago, and I just never noticed?

Here is a pic of my engine compartment. Many things are wrong in the pic, but its an engine compartment.

hemigeno

Here's mine:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on January 12, 2006, 08:58:53 AM
How long until Chris post a picture of his engine compartment on here?

Sorry I was'nt quicker! ;);)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

How long until Chris post a picture of his engine compartment on here? Troy I thought Dana had a 6 pac set up on her? Or did you change that out a long time ago, and I just never noticed?

Here is a pic of my engine compartment. Many things are wrong in the pic, but its an engine compartment.

Yeap, I had the six pack on Dana for the longest time, but got bitten by the OEM bug... Now that I have the v-code Charger, Dana will keep her original 4bbl......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger72SE

here's mine put back in after the rebuild

Shakey

Here is mine.  It is not perfect... yet!  In due time, thanks to many folks here!   :2thumbs:

Shakey

I also have some close up pics of different areas under the hood.

Shakey

And a few more.

rare69

you guys are to much! where does the big vacuum hose for the headlights attach? on the intake or power brake booster. i have power brakes. and also looking for a good spot to put msd ignition box where it wont look stupid.

plum500

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 12, 2006, 04:27:10 PM
How long until Chris post a picture of his engine compartment on here?

Sorry I was'nt quicker! ;);)

They're all things of beauty, but damn, Just 6T9_CHGR -- that's awesome.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The hose attaches to the vacuum tree on the back of the manifold.

The large upper section (that is capped in the pic) would be for your power booster.  One of the other legs would be for your headlights.

Note---this tree is for an A/C car which has an extra leg(s) for the A/C heat doors etc...

You could mount the MSD box under the battery tray or like a lot of others do inside the car on the pass side near the glovebox out of sight!

PS----thanks plum!! :cheers:

PSS---any pics of your ride rare69?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rare69

thanks just 69 chgr. for the help, don't have any pics of the car except the day i saved it from old guys house and a few on the rotisserie. nothing to be showing off yet. someday soon though. you will be the first on my list to show when it is.

ChargerHound69

Wow Shakey,

That is one dirty engine compartment. 

jaak

Hey Shakey.... Those are great reference pics !!!!!!!

Hey Troy..... What changes do you have to make going from a 3 sp to 2sp wipermotor? Is it just switch and motor, or is 2 speed connector different , Alot say 2 and 3 speed have different links too, but I don't see a difference. Well anyways just wondering the changes needed.

Jason