News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

I figured I would start a new thread the other 1 was for condolences for the passing Al Davis, a long time great football guy , this can be a Football discussion thread, hopefully it will be a civil discussion not a bunch of team hatred spouting...  I'm a AFC West & Raiders fan 1st, then generally ant NFL football after that....Congrats to the Chiefs & Denver fans, my condolences to my fellow Raiders fans  :brickwall: & the Charger fans, better luck next week...   Sorry to see the Lions lost, they are my Long-shot for the year...  I seem to have a thing for underdogs...   I'm a big college football fan, 1st the Oregon Duck's "Go Ducks" :hah:or Pac-12 mainly, but I like to talk college football in general also...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TK73

NFL   My Fins have a PERFECT record this year!!

Don't understand people who follow college football but didn't go to that school...

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Budnicks

Quote from: TK73 on October 23, 2011, 07:45:05 PM

Don't understand people who follow college football but didn't go to that school...

Are you referring to the 0 & 6 Dolphins ?   college football is great, lots of tradition, well most of the time anyway, it seems they are switching color & uniforms like crazy now

TK73

nvrbdn

i went to a jr college in california, then transfered to one in illinois. dont have any connections with any 1-a school. but  love georgia tech football. follow oklahoma. college football is exciting. dont really know why those teams come to the top. a few years (probably 10 or so) the rivalry between usc and ucla was awesome. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: TK73 on October 23, 2011, 08:12:26 PM
Yep, a PERFECT 0-6    :rotz:
I don't get to see to many Dolphin games unless they are the Monday or Sunday night games, or the nationally televised stuff, or when the Raiders are Blacked out because of non-sale outs, pretty much all I see is the NFL Network or Sportcenter stuff about them... My old roommate many years ago Mike Burnside, was a die hard Dolphins fan he even named his dog "Dan The Man" after of course Dan Marino...

TK73

Yeah, without ESPN I don't get any Miami games in Seattle...

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 23, 2011, 08:21:25 PM
NFL   My Fins have a PERFECT record this year!!

i went to a jr college in california, then transfered to one in illinois. dont have any connections with any 1-a school. but  love georgia tech football. follow oklahoma. college football is exciting. dont really know why those teams come to the top. a few years (probably 10 or so) the rivalry between usc and ucla was awesome. :2thumbs:
Yep the Oklahoma in the Big 12 & the SEC's LSU & Alabama always seem to be in the mix, really good coaching, recruiting & Lots of scouts.... The old UCLA & USC games were a great rivalry UCLA need to step it's game up some to compete now, it's still a good rivalry though, Oregon & Oregon State,  Washington & Washington State, Notre Dam & USC, California & Stanford, Oklahoma & Texas, Georgia Georgia Tech, Florida & Florida State are all still really good rivalry games....

Budnicks

Quote from: TK73 on October 23, 2011, 08:26:14 PM
Are you a transplant from Florida to Washington, Seattle ?  or is the Dolphins just your team ?  just currious....     1 of my best friends Rocco Peralta, from high school class of 77 {here in NorCal} is a die hard Seahawks fan, he just didn't want to be a Raider's, Niner's, Ram's or Charger's fan back then, he was that way, he had to be different, we use to go back & forth all the time about stuff, mostly just in fun, when they were in the AFC west, he was a big time Raider's hater, he even had bumper stickers made up saying so, he got hassled a few times for that, now that they are in the NFC west, we don't go at it much any more, the rivalry was fun while it lasted though, now I mess with him when the Niner's play them...

TheGhost

Yep, a PERFECT 0-6    :rotz:

Keep the streak, and maybe we'll end up drafting Luck.  Unless we trade our pick for yet another "veteran" who can't get it done...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TK73

Quote from: Budnicks on October 23, 2011, 08:44:33 PM
Are you a transplant from Florida to Washington, Seattle ?  or is the Dolphins just your team ?  just currious....     1 of my best friends Rocco Peralta, from high school class of 77 {here in NorCal} is a die hard Seahawks fan, he just didn't want to be a Raider's, Niner's, Ram's or Charger's fan back then, he was that way, he had to be different, we use to go back & forth all the time about stuff, mostly just in fun, when they were in the AFC west, he was a big time Raider's hater, he even had bumper stickers made up saying so, he got hassled a few times for that, now that they are in the NFC west, we don't go at it much any more, the rivalry was fun while it lasted though, now I mess with him when the Niner's play them...

Lived just north of Miami when I was a kid, '65-'72... Then D.C. to '82 and around the country.  Dolphins stuck, Skins never quite stuck...

Being in Seattle since '99 I have to follow the Hawks, Miami always is first on my list though.

Looks like I just follow lousy teams lately   :icon_smile_big:

Budnicks

Quote from: TK73 on October 24, 2011, 12:04:02 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 23, 2011, 08:44:33 PM
Are you a transplant from Florida to Washington, Seattle ?  or is the Dolphins just your team ?  just curious....     1 of my best friends Rocco Peralta, from high school class of 77 {here in NorCal} is a die hard Seahawks fan, he just didn't want to be a Raider's, Niner's, Ram's or Charger's fan back then, he was that way, he had to be different, we use to go back & forth all the time about stuff, mostly just in fun, when they were in the AFC west, he was a big time Raider's hater, he even had bumper stickers made up saying so, he got hassled a few times for that, now that they are in the NFC west, we don't go at it much any more, the rivalry was fun while it lasted though, now I mess with him when the Niner's play them...

Lived just north of Miami when I was a kid, '65-'72... Then D.C. to '82 and around the country.  Dolphins stuck, Skins never quite stuck...

Being in Seattle since '99 I have to follow the Hawks, Miami always is first on my list though.

Looks like I just follow lousy teams lately   :icon_smile_big:
Good for you, I can respect the fact that your loyal, that's better than a lot of football fans I know, I can respect someone that is loyal to a loosing team much more, than the flavor of the month or year football fan...    D.C. Redskins were pretty good during that time period... I can relate my friends give me crap about being loyal to the Raiders, when they have been so bad since 2002...    I use to go see my Pops at a shoe & clothing store in Lafayette, the Raiders of the day early to mid 60's would come in for custom fitted shoes & large man clothing, I met a bunch of them Vaneegon, Balitnicoff, Lamonica, Blanda, Hubbard & many others of that era {sorry for the name spellings}, at age 5-6-7 years old, very impressionable time in my life, they were so big & so nice to me as a little kid, they gave me a ton of souvenirs, I just ended up a big Raiders fan, my Pops was one of the founders of ticket masters back in the day when the Raiders played at Frank Yeull Field a little crappy stadium they started out in, before they went to the Oakland Coliseum, my Pops sold tickets & would take us to games, when he wasn't chasing some skirt all over the area....

Budnicks

Quote from: TheGhost on October 23, 2011, 11:52:33 PM
Yep, a PERFECT 0-6    :rotz:

Keep the streak, and maybe we'll end up drafting Luck.  Unless we trade our pick for yet another "veteran" who can't get it done...
Stanford player, Andrew Luck, might even be worth going down in flames...

Budnicks

I was switching back & forth between the Sunday Night game Colts & Saints & the World Series, listening mostly not watching much I happened to notice the score Colts 7 - 62 Saints "wow", they are really bad lately with out Payton Manning, I didn't think they were going to all that bad, they are another 0 & 6 team I think... Shows how important a good QB is in the NFL.. Oh & the Rangers won 4-0 over the Cards...

learical1

Before the Cardinals came to Arizona, I rooted for Denver (dad was from Colorado) and the Bears (mom was from Chicago).  Dumped Denver when Elway came along (great player, whiny human being).  Been following the Cardinals since they arrived, but I still have a soft spot for the Bears (and Cubs).  I'm grateful for the Card's one appearance in the Super Bowl.  (Better than the Browns; the wife is from Cleveland. :nana:)  As an Arizona State University Alumni (class of 1977), I've followed the Sun Devils since the days of "Spaghetti" Joe and Danny White.  Now my son attends (he might just try out as a walk-on for next season).  And I remember listening to the triple-overtime Sun/Celtics game on the radio as I cruised Central Avenue in my SuperBird in June of 1976.
Bruce

nvrbdn

oh the memories of the cardinals. jim hart stallings dierdorf. of course thats when they were in st. louis. open air stadium. never amounted to nothin, but i loved sittin in that stadium watchin them guys while growin up. thats where i learned my hate for dallas. i was thrilled to see them make it to the super bowl with warner. man i wanted him to get that second ring. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Warners entire story gave hope to many young athletes.  He is still very popular in StLouis.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

I went to a school that didn't have a football team when I went there (they killed the program in 2001 because of that Title IX bullshit...like anyone cares about women's sports), so I like to think that I have bandwagon privileges, though I tend to stick with the local teams, esp. USC.

BTW - my school's student store has t-shirts that say "Matador Football: UNDEFEATED SINCE 2001".  :lol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 24, 2011, 01:55:43 PM

I went to a school that didn't have a football team when I went there (they killed the program in 2001 because of that Title IX bullshit...like anyone cares about women's sports), so I like to think that I have bandwagon privileges, though I tend to stick with the local teams, esp. USC.

BTW - my school's student store has t-shirts that say "Matador Football: UNDEFEATED SINCE 2001".  :lol:
I wanted to go to USC, or Cal Poly I wanted to study engineering, but ended up at Oregon, my parents wanted me to go to Cal-Berkley or Stanford, but they weren't adding any funds & I couldn't afford it...    "GO MATADORS"  that's funny shit Ponch...

Budnicks

Quote from: 41husk on October 24, 2011, 01:27:46 PM
Warners entire story gave hope to many young athletes.  He is still very popular in StLouis.
Yep he was the guy that came from no were, grocery bagger, walk on some were, to Arena, to NFL Europe, to the Rams, when Trent Green went down he made the best of a bad situation for sure, I think allot of people were routing for him at the Az. Cards to win in that Super Bowl, he was kind of the All American under dog story, not really so much at that time, but it would have been a great ending anyway...

Budnicks

Yeah My Ducks are 6 & 1, Stanford is 7 & 0 & climbing the BCS rankings.... Cal got wooped,  USC lost to Stanford in a great 4 overtime game...

Dans 68

Been a 49'ers fan my whole life, through the bad and good. It has been a good year to follow them as their game, on all three sides of the ball ( :scratchchin:), is just solid. I have not been to any Stanford games as it gets crazy up in Palo Alto, but they are my local College team to follow, with my alma mater the Cal Poly Mustangs a distant 2nd.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nvrbdn

49ers are having a year. kinda takes ya back to the days of montana. they were wicked back then.last few years people counted them as a sure win and look on to the next week, but not any longer. im still trying to figure out what the diff is from last year, but seems the defence has really tightened up. did they pick up players there? good for your team :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

I think the big difference is Jim Harbaugh, the team respects him & he's a firey guy who knows how to win & motivate the team, not like Singletary did, bashing his guys in the media, The team is very much the same team with a different outlook & game plan that actually works... Running game, actual blocking for Alex Smith in passing situations, special teams play & defense is the biggest improvements, far better effort than under Nolan & Singletary which were very much the same stuff with a different head coach...