News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphis Mopar

@ Hotrod.. Not sure what you mean.. Care to explain your statement further?

HOTROD

I swear I have seen that car siting on the ground the car is like a matBlack paint, has nitro tire`s on it 18s on front 20s on rear wide Tires !
It looked finished with those Challenger taillights in it ! :shruggy:
maybe I am having a dayjavoo  :scratchchin:
What the Hell-Dumass !

Memphis Mopar

After waiting for over 2 months my billet aluminum deck lid hinges finally arrived.

WHITE AND RED 69

Those are pretty sweet! Where did you get them from?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

b5blue

JB400

I love automotive jewelry :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Those look great.

b5blue

I just want to ditch the torsion rod setup!  :scratchchin:

Memphis Mopar

Thanks guys!  :cheers: @ White and Red 69 I believe I got them thru Classic Industries They are 344.00 a set. If anyone does order them ensure you have the right part number. They have a set that is for fiberglass deck lids and a set for steel deck lids. The hinges that are for a steel deck lid is  Part Number #FB2060NS

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: HOTROD on January 08, 2013, 11:22:21 PM
I swear I have seen that car siting on the ground the car is like a matBlack paint, has nitro tire`s on it 18s on front 20s on rear wide Tires !
maybe I am having a dayjavoo  :scratchchin:

I think you must be referring to this car......... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85486.0.html/
I don't know why the hyperlink wont work.... you'll have to copy/paste to browser.

JB400

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 22, 2013, 12:43:53 PM
Quote from: HOTROD on January 08, 2013, 11:22:21 PM
maybe I am having a dayjavoo  :scratchchin:

I think you must be referring to this car.........   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85486.0.html/
I don't know why the hyperlink wont work.... you'll have to copy/paste to browser.

Fixed it for you :cheers:

71_Charger_R/T

Memphis Mopar

I knew which Charger Hotrod was talking about. I just let it go so the thread would not go to crap. If you read from the start of my build I stated that I was going to do the new style challenger tail lights and gave credit to Vertical Flight for the inspiration. I thought it looked awesome! I have got a lot of ideas from many of the builds that I have seen here and if it works with my over all theme then I will use them. I am not here to try and reinvent the wheel. I am trying to build  my pro-touring / resto-mod to my taste and within a budget that I feel comfortable with.  :cheers:

71_Charger_R/T

Sorry,  I didn't mean to throw a wrench i anybodies spokes!  Just trying to help with a reference. I remember the other build well as I enjoyed following that one too! Thought maybe you were really unaware of it as well from your statement. I had looked through the whole thread as well, and missed the reference to Vertical flight, (my bad, Looking mostly at the pictures enjoying what I'm seeing!)  Good job! keep it up. I hope no ill will come from my post. No offense intended. Give me one of these  :slap:

Memphis Mopar

No harm..no foul.. Its all good!  :cheers:

HOTROD

Thanks I thought I was losing it again !!! :slap:
What the Hell-Dumass !

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on January 21, 2013, 05:39:46 PM
After waiting for over 2 months my billet aluminum deck lid hinges finally arrived.

Do they work with gas struts? Never mind I see them...
They look very nice, I'll have to check them out.

How do they mount up?

Memphis Mopar

@ Dodgeboys.. I am going up on Monday I will see if Josh has the mocked up yet.. If so I will take a few pics.

Memphis Mopar

The radiator came in and Josh has already got it mocked up in the car. A few other parts arrived.

b5blue

What alternator are you planing on using?  :scratchchin:

Memphis Mopar

@ b5blue I think the plan is to use the complete front end accessories kit front Bouchillon Performance, Also have to get the oil filter adapter.

bill440rt

Nice deck lid hinges!  :drool5:
How to they get installed? Simple swap in?

I see you have the billet hood hinges too? Are they from Ring Bros?
Are you having any problems with the gas struts? I am on my third set of struts already, hasn't even been a year. I had to get stronger ones from them, they work for about 2 months then lose charge & don't hold up the hood anymore.  :brickwall:    Granted, they are replacing them for free, but it gets to be a pain in the a$$ not to have a hood stay up on it's own.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on February 01, 2013, 08:02:10 PM
@ b5blue I think the plan is to use the complete front end accessories kit front Bouchillon Performance, Aso have to get the oil filter adapter.
I have the Denso 120 Amp and it works well, capable of 50-65 amp output at idle.  :2thumbs: (With a new engine perhaps it run the newest Dodge alt.?)

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on January 31, 2013, 06:27:53 PM
@ Dodgeboys.. I am going up on Monday I will see if Josh has the mocked up yet.. If so I will take a few pics.

thanks  :cheers:

Budnicks

So much cool stuff, keep up the spending & great work...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Memphis Mopar

@ bill440rt.. Yes the hinges are from Ring Brothers. I have not had any issues so far with the gas struts. But They have not been really used other than mock up purpose. I am going up to see the car in the morning. If Josh has the deck lid hinges mocked up I will take a few pics. @ b5blue I think the Bouchillon Kit comes with all factory SRT8 componets. (power steering pump, AC compressor and alternator) the part number is BPE61FKIT.. @ Budnicks yes the wallet is taking a beating but as long as people keep buying Tropicana OJ I should be ok.  :cheers: