News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on June 11, 2012, 09:19:26 PM
Whatcha asking? :popcrn:

I paid 30k on eBay and put another 15+k in it in parts.  I'd need my 30k back at lowest point but I'm eBaying it in hopes of more.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

I think at some point the last TA's are going to rise greatly in value.  Not for a while yet but its a car the younger crowd are familiar with and its turn in the nostalgia camp is coming. :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 05:53:03 AM
I think at some point the last TA's are going to rise greatly in value.  Not for a while yet but its a car the younger crowd are familiar with and its turn in the nostalgia camp is coming. :Twocents:
As always.  :iagree:    :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi68charger

Maybe I can lower the price on my 500.......  :scratchchin:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Well Rob, now that you are done with it, bring that baby back to Minnesota!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerboy69

And here I thought you were selling it for a Volt.  ;)  :D

Wow, I just sold what you were looking for a couple months back.

I had a 2000 Trans Am convertible, red with a black top and white leather interior. They are nice cars, handle great and have lots of power.  Lots of cheep upgrades that make them go very fast too.  I bought mine to flip, but the few times I took her out, she was lots of fun.

Good luck and take your time in finding one.  Many have been purchased by kids and have had the crap beat out of them.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 12, 2012, 08:45:31 AM
And here I thought you were selling it for a Volt.  ;)  :D

Wow, I just sold what you were looking for a couple months back.

I had a 2000 Trans Am convertible, red with a black top and white leather interior. They are nice cars, handle great and have lots of power.  Lots of cheep upgrades that make them go very fast too.  I bought mine to flip, but the few times I took her out, she was lots of fun.

Good luck and take your time in finding one.  Many have been purchased by kids and have had the crap beat out of them.
Funny. No volt for me. Looking for something newer, as fast and almost as pretty. I just lose interest of things after 5 years. No regrets. Had a super fun time with it. It time to move on. Except one person everyone says nice things about the Trans am. Coming off a Mopar site that's pretty cool.

Ghoste

404NOTFOUND

Sad to hear but, I understand your situation. I'm at a similar crossroads right now. I thought about taking my insurance payout and walking away. I've been searching out other old cars and new cars too. In the end, I'm sure I will regret it if I let it go. The Trans Am is a cool car. I can't picture selling a Charger for one but, I certainly agree with two of your reasons. The 8 mpg thing is hard to take and especially if your tired of working on old cars because they are always constant work. Hey maybe I should buy your car.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 08:55:33 AM
A lot of closet Pontiac fans here. ;)
Ha that's funny. You know me I tell it like it is. If the car proves to be solid well built like some GM toys.  I'd be interested. The Charger was a great part of my life, but if I don't sell it I can't play no more. I love cars to much to keep one forever. Just like the vette experience.  Nothing wrong with been there done that.

Charger-Bodie

Hey Rob, I think you will regret it later. The end.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 12, 2012, 08:57:38 AM
Sad to hear but, I understand your situation. I'm at a similar crossroads right now. I thought about taking my insurance payout and walking away. I've been searching out other old cars and new cars too. In the end, I'm sure I will regret it if I let it go. The Trans Am is a cool car. I can't picture selling a Charger for one but, I certainly agree with two of your reasons. The 8 mpg thing is hard to take and especially if your tired of working on old cars because they are always constant work. Hey maybe I should buy your car.
I'm not sure how to go about selling it to be honest. I've already told one person of interest I'd probably take 35k without listing it. I lose over 10 k but it's not my fault the market dropped. This would warm my heart that someone else got my enjoyment in this expensive hobby world and a 10 k lost over 5 years is doable to me.  Look at all the horse/boat lovers out there?  Talk about spending money on a hobby you'll never see again.

Ghoste

A boat is a hole in the water that you try to fill with money.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 12, 2012, 09:07:47 AM
Hey Rob, I think you will regret it later. The end.
I love cars to much not to move on. I can die now. I've lived my dream of owning one of these but I want to move on. I know how I work.  Once I passed driving it last weekend out of no interest. I knew it was over. I just passed a 70 442.  All I saw was a old car. No feelings of future regret came into me.  I know myself pretty well.  It took balls to sell the vette to buy the Charger.  Not one person that saw the vette thought I was doing the right thing.  I did the right thing, and for my circumstances I think I'm doing the right thing again.  Doesn't have to be the Trans am but that's what's interesting to me at the moment.  
I'm sure when people say how could you of sold that car? They'll understand that 8 mpg was draining me. And to still have a powerful American car and side my house sounds good to me. Keep in mind I don't do shows or cruises anymore. Just a short ride here or there.  That's a lot of money tied up for a short cruise.
And if I can't get what I need I'll keep it. It doesn't have to go.

moparstuart

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    dont do it 

in this economy you will have a tough time selling it

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I think it would sell easy enough.  He's realistic about profiting or even matching his investment and the price doesn't seem out of line at all. :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 09:38:50 AM
I think it would sell easy enough.  He's realistic about profiting or even matching his investment and the price doesn't seem out of line at all. :shruggy:
I've always thought about 30ish. Everyone that knows it says 35+. We'll see. I have no problem keeping it. It'll always be very in demand. It's that beautiful. There are still people out there with money for fine cars. Look at Brian's 68?  That got flipped fast and marked up way above the original selling price.

Ghoste

Exactly.  Clones, porrly done cars and people with insane notions of what their car is worth are the ones who took the biggest hit.  I see a lot of reserves at auctions that would have been on the high side in 2007.  Those guys almost always take their car home with them.

Troy

I love the T/As - especially the WS-6. I had one in my garage all winter (not mine though). The fuel mileage with the 6 speed is very impressive and the power is certainly nice! There's a burgundy one for sale on the road to work and I get to pass it twice a day. One of these days I'll stop and get a price. I don't know about convertibles but I do know that most of those Firebirds and Camaros had problems with rattles. My 40 year old cars are no better though. You car should sell easily I'd think. If you're not thrilled about it every day then there's no point in letting it sit.

My parents made me pay for my own college... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Troy on June 12, 2012, 09:52:03 AM
I love the T/As - especially the WS-6. I had one in my garage all winter (not mine though). The fuel mileage with the 6 speed is very impressive and the power is certainly nice! There's a burgundy one for sale on the road to work and I get to pass it twice a day. One of these days I'll stop and get a price. I don't know about convertibles but I do know that most of those Firebirds and Camaros had problems with rattles. My 40 year old cars are no better though. You car should sell easily I'd think. If you're not thrilled about it every day then there's no point in letting it sit.

My parents made me pay for my own college... ;)

Troy

Wow. Another great comment. Yeah we have some college money saved. But I can't justify that much tied up for a coffee run or two while we struggle with college bills. We'll pay for a year or two but then they have to take loans.

charger_fan_4ever

Easy solution. Family first so sell it off and put them through college and when they come out debt free you will take a hemi charger as payment lol.

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

You guys know I'm pushing 60 right?  I like my plan. Sell the Charger, buy the Trans am and side the house. By the time they're out of college I'll be to old to drive the Trans am so I'll sell that and maybe pay some of their college bills if they're nice to me.

Ghoste

Man, for some reason I always thought you were about half that.

Back N Black

Rob, I have been thinking the same with regards to 8 mpg and the reliability of old cars, I'm thinking a new school muscle car would be cool. BTY nothing wrong with the T/As - especially the WS-6.

Good luck