News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TRIPLE GOLD OE DAYTONA DISPLAY 2012 Mopar Nationals

Started by 706pkvert, August 13, 2012, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

ECS

Quote from: paul jacobs on February 18, 2013, 01:23:03 PM
All I know is it's great to hear such expert opinions from people who have NEVER EVEN BUILT a car, much less restored them to the OE level, but all of a sudden they know so much!

Even certain "professional shops" who MODIFY these cars don't know what they are doing.  They solicit the help of others to substantiate the incorrect things they do in their restorations.  If you can get another "quasi expert" to write a letter to support your lie, then BINGO.....history is re-written and an unchallenged lie becomes the truth!  (Like a replacement front grill being "original" for example.)  Add a biased editor to the mix who is determined to write that the "standout" car of the event was a car that LOST and it becomes the joke it is.  You have to laugh knowing that a HUGE celebration had already started before the conclusion of the Show.  How embarrassing it must have been to presumptively allocate magazine space for a "victory article" only to find they had to back track and re-shuffle the cards.  It's pathetic when these editors go on witch hunts to downgrade correct aspects of "certain" vehicles but then deliberately turn a blind eye to the DOZENS of errors they could write about with respect to their "friends" car.  I don't know what's worse Paul?  Prematurely celebrating a Loss as a Victory or a clueless editor writing an article that conveyed the losing car had actually won!  You know the old saying.......never count your chickens with a hatchet.

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

resq302

Dave,

Funny how things like that come to be.  Reminds me of a certain tan 69 hemi 4 spd charger that took a first place in the special charger class at the Hemmings New England Concours show in 2009.  Its pretty bad when it doesn't even place in the show the day prior and one of the judges who is one of the editors comes up asking what the code for a hemi engine is on the VIN because the VIN was mangled on the one side.  THEY were even questioning if it was a real / true hemi car.  And yet at the actual concours show it takes a first place with missing weather stripping, scatter shield bell housing, 3" exhaust, manual disc brake conversion, shoddy body work (grille recessed about 1/2" behind front edge of fender on pass side and sticking out about the same amount on the driver side PAST the front edge of the fender.) and countless other stuff wrong with it.  Since then, I have found NUMEROUS issues with Hemmings and the shows they put on including their publications.  Again, it seems like someone who "contributes" to the show or company hosting the show seems to come out on top with whatever kind of work has been done.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on February 18, 2013, 05:26:53 PM
Again, it seems like someone who "contributes" to the show or company hosting the show seems to come out on top with whatever kind of work has been done.

A few upstanding shops have to rely on underhanded measures to support the work they do. How else are they to suppose deal with declining results from one year to the next?!?  Here is how their actions should be translated:

"I know my work is substandard so I will use any means available to bolster my shortcomings.....even if it means having to underhandedly manipulate the outcome!"

Just remember that all of the shenanigans in the World won't change the facts.  The Winners are still the Winners and the (complaining) sore losers are still the losers.  :rofl:  :hah:

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on February 18, 2013, 05:26:53 PM
Again, it seems like someone who "contributes" to the show or company hosting the show seems to come out on top with whatever kind of work has been done.

It's funny how things continue to expose themselves following the different Shows that these cars are entered in.  I heard from a reliable source (who witnessed this first hand) that one of the participants who did not have a "perfect" score at the conclusion of the MCACN Show, ended up getting a "perfect" score AFTER the event was over!  One of the Daytona contestants was arguing with the judges after the judging was complete, regarding characteristics exhibited on his vehicle.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a person with a perfect score wouldn't have a reason to argue their results if they already had a "perfect" score.  He was following the judges like a lap dog trying to appeal his deductions.  After a little arguing and some continued Show sponsorship promises.....PRESTO.....a "perfect" score magically occurred!  Too bad some folks can't walk the walk and have to rely on extra curricular efforts to "win" a phony award.  It makes you wonder how a person of integrity and/or character can feel ANY pride knowing that their results are influenced by disingenuous shenanigans.  It appears that Political payoffs are not only occurring in Washington DC. :smilielol: 

resq302

Yeh, it is absolutely amazing what lengths some people go to just to be "better" than other people or to make their car appear better than what it really is.  I'd be curious if the same participant went around to the judges while they were judging the competition and made sure to point out what was incorrect on their cars also.  I remember at a certain Mopar show over the summer where a certain individual was groping around the owners car and was telling him what was wrong with his car even though he wasn't a judge at the show.   :rotz: :slap:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on March 06, 2013, 06:07:05 AM
I remember at a certain Mopar show over the summer where a certain individual was groping around the owners car and was telling him what was wrong with his car even though he wasn't a judge at the show.   :rotz: :slap:

It must be some type of mental deficiency for these individuals.  You just described EXACTLY what he did to my cars at various Shows.  For example, I personally over-heard him telling the Judges and a Magazine Editor that my ORIGINAL battery cable (on the Challenger) was a reproduction unit.  I had invited "Mr. Honesty" behind the ropes to look at my car and he repaid the kindness by telling the Judges and Richard Ehrenberg, that various things were wrong with my car.  I confronted him about the scenario, he completely denied it ever happened and said that I was "delusional & paranoid".  He also went on moparts under his alias "BEAST" and continued his attack on my Challenger.  Jealousy seems to be the catalyst that prompts these underhanded shenanigans.

Now here is where it gets funny!  About 2 years after this ordeal had taken place, Tom Barcroft and I were sorting through pictures that he had randomly shot at the 2008 Nationals.  While scrolling through the photos, a picture popped up that had us falling out of our chairs in laughter.  Tom had randomly caught "Mr. Honesty" doing exactly what he had adamantly denied ever took place.  It was a photo of him standing and pointing at my "incorrect" NOS battery cable.  I emailed him the picture and he proceeded to give a bogus explanation about a scenario that he initially said never took place!  He also used his editor friend "cliffy" to fabricate lies and deception regarding my Restorations.  It's funny how these guys concoct falsehoods about "correct" aspects of other people's cars but then try to justify "incorrect" aspects about their own projects.  They cry foul when THEIR deceptive practices are exposed with the truth!  Lets not forget that "Rust Free" Daytona or the "Original Broadcast Sheet and Fender Tag" that was written about by his "hip pocket" editor friend.  You know the old saying.......pictures don't lie!

pettybird

shenanigans aside, that white/blue/blue chally looks amazing!

resq302

Quote from: ECS on March 06, 2013, 03:00:04 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 06, 2013, 06:07:05 AM
I remember at a certain Mopar show over the summer where a certain individual was groping around the owners car and was telling him what was wrong with his car even though he wasn't a judge at the show.   :rotz: :slap:

It must be some type of mental deficiency for these individuals.  You just described EXACTLY what he did to my cars at various Shows.  For example, I personally over-heard him telling the Judges and a Magazine Editor that my ORIGINAL battery cable (on the Challenger) was a reproduction unit.  I had invited "Mr. Honesty" behind the ropes to look at my car and he repaid the kindness by telling the Judges and Richard Ehrenberg, that various things were wrong with my car.  I confronted him about the scenario, he completely denied it ever happened and said that I was "delusional & paranoid".  He also went on moparts under his alias "BEAST" and continued his attack on my Challenger.  Jealousy seems to be the catalyst that prompts these underhanded shenanigans.

Now here is where it gets funny!  About 2 years after this ordeal had taken place, Tom Barcroft and I were sorting through pictures that he had randomly shot at the 2008 Nationals.  While scrolling through the photos, a picture popped up that had us falling out of our chairs in laughter.  Tom had randomly caught "Mr. Honesty" doing exactly what he had adamantly denied ever took place.  It was a photo of him standing and pointing at my "incorrect" NOS battery cable.  I emailed him the picture and he proceeded to give a bogus explanation about a scenario that he initially said never took place!  He also used his editor friend "cliffy" to fabricate lies and deception regarding my Restorations.  It's funny how these guys concoct falsehoods about "correct" aspects of other people's cars but then try to justify "incorrect" aspects about their own projects.  They cry foul when THEIR deceptive practices are exposed with the truth!  Lets not forget that "Rust Free" Daytona or the "Original Broadcast Sheet and Fender Tag" that was written about by his "hip pocket" editor friend.  You know the old saying.......pictures don't lie!

Dave,

You must be mistaken and seeing things.   :smilielol:  That person would NEVER do such a thing!   :smilielol:  He is simply just pointing out how much better your car is than his!  I mean, c'mon, you gotta believe that rusted out metal can regenerate itself to prior rust free metal conditions right? :rofl:
Brian

maxwellwedge

Quote from: pettybird on March 06, 2013, 03:43:51 PM

I have one with the same combo except it is a rag-top - Lotsa blue inside!

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 07, 2013, 01:36:54 PM

I have one with the same combo except it is a rag-top - Lotsa blue inside!
cool another one I can inherit 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ECS

Thanks for the compliment.  Here are a few more pictures from different angles.

pettybird

OK, I'll take it.

Who does your H pipes?  Is that NOS or Gardner or someone else?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow that blue stripe really sets off the white!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on March 07, 2013, 04:20:54 PM

Those are Head Pipes that Steve Been fabricated and put the flat spots in.  I recently purchased the equipment (that will be used in conjunction with our Exhaust Line) to make H Pipes & Head Pipes that look Assembly Line correct.  Steve will be bending all of our piping.  I don't believe anyone else is making them with the Factory correct contours and/or flat spots.

Mytur Binsdirti

I'm not into E-bodies (any more), but that really is a very pretty car.

pettybird

Quote from: ECS on March 07, 2013, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: pettybird on March 07, 2013, 04:20:54 PM

Those are Head Pipes that Steve Been fabricated and put the flat spots in.  I recently purchased the equipment (that will be used in conjunction with our Exhaust Line) to make H Pipes & Head Pipes that look Assembly Line correct.  Steve will be bending all of our piping.  I don't believe anyone else is making them with the Factory correct contours and/or flat spots.

It looks truly awful, which, for an H pipe, is high praise.  It makes you wonder how those cars got out of their own way with mangled tubes. 

resq302

Its simple Pettybird...... highly powered engine can push ANYTHING out of its way, even something as restricted as the indented exhaust.

Also, would the front pipes be considered H pipes since they are not connected?  I know 440s and hemis got the H pipe cross over but I thought the 383s got the individual front pipes.
Brian

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on March 07, 2013, 06:22:27 PM
Its simple Pettybird...... highly powered engine can push ANYTHING out of its way, even something as restricted as the indented exhaust.

Also, would the front pipes be considered H pipes since they are not connected?  I know 440s and hemis got the H pipe cross over but I thought the 383s got the individual front pipes.

Hi Brian!  Hemi cars used H Pipes.  My Challenger is a 440 4V and used 2.25" diameter head Pipes.  If memory serves me correct, 440 Six Pack E Body cars used Head Pipes that were 2.5" diameter and the end of the pipe that connected to the resonators were "shrunk" down to 2.25".  I think some B Body cars may have used H-Pipes on their 440 Six Pack cars.  Having never owned a Six Pack vehicle (or extensively researching one) I can't say for sure.  Maybe someone else can chime in with additional facts.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

resq302

Quote from: ECS on March 07, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 07, 2013, 06:22:27 PM

Also, would the front pipes be considered H pipes since they are not connected?  I know 440s and hemis got the H pipe cross over but I thought the 383s got the individual front pipes.

Hi Brian!  Hemi cars used H Pipes.  My Challenger is a 440 4V and used 2.25" diameter head Pipes.  If memory serves me correct, 440 Six Pack E Body cars used Head Pipes that were 2.5" diameter and the end of the pipe that connected to the resonators were "shrunk" down to 2.25".  I think some B Body cars may have used H-Pipes on their 440 Six Pack cars.  Having never owned a Six Pack vehicle (or extensively researching one) I can't say for sure.  Maybe someone else can chime in with additional facts.

I guess its been a while since I looked at pics of your car.  I could have sworn it was a 383 in there.  Oh well.  They say the mind is the second thing to go..... Can't remember what the first was.....   :lol:
Brian

maxwellwedge

resq302

thanks for the reassurance that I'm not crazy.  well, ok I might be crazy but at least I was correct in my thinking.   :lol:
Brian

pettybird