News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Dino on October 29, 2012, 06:33:59 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 28, 2012, 11:12:39 PM
Another glorious day so we went cruising. Did have to make one stop..........to fill her up. Seems like she's always running on empty!
Man it was fun.

Same here, my wife joined me for a little cruise and the only stop needed is to fill it up yet again.  I sure hope I can find a way to stop the fuel fountain when filling it up.  It takes forever now to fill it up as I'm being careful trying not to spil anything.  We get enough fuel smell in from the carb as it is.   :eek2:

I had that problem (fuel smell in the car) with my 70 cuda with duel quads.  But thankfully there's no problem with the charger.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

greenpigs

Replaced rear shocks with CE pieces
Relocated ECU to back of valley pan
Put one groove crank pulley on( switched to manual steering)
Align alternator up..was off
Install open end lugs
Drained gas & put fresh in with StaBil

Four things I had been putting off for nearly 2 years, a co worker driving a supercharged 92 Mustang in lit a small fire under my ass.

This winter I am replacing the master cylinder & going with manual brakes.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

shart70rt

Picked up engine from Dyno-tuning today.

550 HP @5200 rpm, 620 torque @ 3200 rpm. Torque stayed above 600 all the way to 6000 rpm.

Still have a few things to do to chassis before dropping the engine back in.

500" stroker, Edelbrock RPM heads, and their dual quad setup. Comp hydraulic roller cam.

Has been an extremely long project. Delayed by Hurricane Rita destroying house, several years of overseas work, then health issues.

My 70 Charger RT will be a resto mod. Had to add A/C and Be Cool Radiator because of high Texas heat. 110 degrees and 95% humidity not uncommon  here.
Stephen Hart
1970 Charger RT, 440, console 4-speed, Dana 60 3.54
500 Stroker, Edelbrock Heads, Edelbrock intake, dual 600 CFM Carbs,
Comp Hydraulic Roller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch setup, Passon Performance overdrive gearset in 833 18 spline 4 spd.
TTI 2 inch headers and 3 inch exhaust.
Subframe connectors
P-S-T polygraphite suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
Classic Auto Air AC
Billet Performance Serpentine Assy
reassembly in progress

UH60L

Lifted the hood today to show the engine to a guy who was walking by as I washed the challenger, and started a car conversation with "hey, is that a '68?".

It's amazing how much attention I get while washing the '11 challenger in the driveway with the garage door open and the '69 charger showing.   

About a month ago, a guy driving by hits the brakes, rolls down the window and yells "hey, you should be working on the one in the garage!".    :icon_smile_big:

74Rallye

- Wrecked the engine.
- Replaced the crankshaft and rebuilt the engine.
- Swapping the auto for a 4sp. Dang, all those little parts are expensive! I also bought a dual disc clutch so I can teach the kids how to drive a 4sp without burning it up.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Rolling_Thunder

Ranger_Max - where did you get the buddy seat brackets?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

charger1972

Took it out today even though it was cold and crappy out. Got a couple miles away and smoke started rolling out from under the dash. The power wire came off the back up light switch and grounded out my ignition. Took a while but i rigged it up to limp home. Should have got the correct plug for the switch when i did the 4 speed conversion. Some people  (me) have to learn the hard way. :brickwall:

AKcharger

Ghoste

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kikgas01

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

kikgas01

Finn

Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2012, 07:42:27 AM
Uh-oh...what happened?
Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 04:59:06 AM
What, no details Finn?
The details are embarrassing. Stupid me decided to drive it to a local car meet up, thinking I just put 5 gallons gas in (minus what it burned off in the driving doing some tuning to the EFI). In reality, I put about 2 gallons in as my girlfriend informed after she went back to the house to pick up the still full gas can.  :slap:

To add insult to injury, the fuel pump had clogged from trying to start it with no fuel, so a buddy in his Honda Prelude came out to help keep traffic from rear ending me while my GF towed me out of harms way in her Ford Sport Trac...for shame! They'll never let me live this down.

I failed to mention to them that I had considered installing the new gas gauge (mine is broken) before leaving for the show but thought "Nahhhh, I know I have enough fuel to make it there and back." :icon_smile_blackeye:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Dino

Quote from: Finn on November 05, 2012, 05:51:45 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2012, 07:42:27 AM
Uh-oh...what happened?
Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 04:59:06 AM
What, no details Finn?
The details are embarrassing. Stupid me decided to drive it to a local car meet up, thinking I just put 5 gallons gas in (minus what it burned off in the driving doing some tuning to the EFI). In reality, I put about 2 gallons in as my girlfriend informed after she went back to the house to pick up the still full gas can.  :slap:

To add insult to injury, the fuel pump had clogged from trying to start it with no fuel, so a buddy in his Honda Prelude came out to help keep traffic from rear ending me while my GF towed me out of harms way in her Ford Sport Trac...for shame! They'll never let me live this down.

I failed to mention to them that I had considered installing the new gas gauge (mine is broken) before leaving for the show but thought "Nahhhh, I know I have enough fuel to make it there and back." :icon_smile_blackeye:

Let me ease your pain a bit.

Over the summer I finally fixed my leaky header.  It was a pita and took a week or two before all was done.  By that time I couldn't remember how much gas I had in it, fuel gauge needs calibrating, so I had it running in the driveway, sounding all nice and normal this time until it died.  I played with all the electrical, since I did have to remove some to reach the header bolts, and did a bunch more stuff until my wife asked if there was gas in it....there wasn't.  I dumped a gas can in it and it fired right up.  Embarrassing yes but very human, don't sweat it.   :icon_smile_big:

BrianShaughnessy

I put the car cover over Black Betty in the garage just before Sandy just to keep stuff from getting blown around.

Sinnamon was spotted the other week trying to catch some rays and trying to grow a Superbird wing.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

kikgas01

Dino

HeavyFuel

Friday - installed new gasket and windshield
Sat - sealant under gasket lip and zip up
Sun - polish windshield moulding
Mon - install moulding

:2thumbs:

irish_in_ny

Sadly I didn't do anything with my Charger this past summer. I didn't have the money to inspect it & put plates on it, my neighbors got pee'd-off every time I started it up, and again I didn't have the funds to work on it so I just covered her up for the Winter last week.

Maybe things will be better next year?  :scratchchin:

JB400

Quote from: irish_in_ny on November 06, 2012, 03:23:02 PM
Sadly I didn't do anything with my Charger this past summer. I didn't have the money to inspect it & put plates on it, my neighbors got pee'd-off every time I started it up, and again I didn't have the funds to work on it so I just covered her up for the Winter last week.

Maybe things will be better next year?  :scratchchin:
Open exhaust? :D Burnouts? :D I don't like non carguy neighbors.

GordonGriggs

I finally drove my 69 charger that I bought in June of 2011. I drove it 3 miles to a repair shop to get the tranmission fixed. Not sure if its a bad pilot bearing, throw out bearing, or other. I trust the guy working on it so Im not worried about what he finds wrong.