News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn: Well.

Two wks ago, another periodic donut in the pasture with the 7yr boy (car guy promotional bate number 1387), :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap: :shruggy:   and he still likes the slow blue car best. :scratchchin:

mauve66

pushed it to the side so i could get to the sprinkler control :icon_smile_blackeye:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: mauve66 on July 17, 2013, 05:34:53 PM
pushed it to the side so i could get to the sprinkler control :icon_smile_blackeye:

may i ask what the hold up is?  :popcrn:

mauve66

8 months ago i had $9K to get it on the road to recovery,

now,

in the past 8 months:

my parents ac/heater, my ac/heater, my water heater, $1200 month pay cut for me, my son lost his job (can't pay rent), etc, etc, etc,

but i still have a job and i know others don't, i just wanted to post in this thread so i can say i added SOMETHING....................... :shruggy:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: mauve66 on July 17, 2013, 05:45:02 PM
8 months ago i had $9K to get it on the road to recovery,

now,

in the past 8 months:

my parents ac/heater, my ac/heater, my water heater, $1200 month pay cut for me, my son lost his job (can't pay rent), etc, etc, etc,

but i still have a job and i know others don't, i just wanted to post in this thread so i can say i added SOMETHING....................... :shruggy:

weak  :'( i hope things get better for you soon would like to see a 66 wing car  :drool5:

1974dodgecharger

bought hotchkis leaf springs and shackles, wired up lights to aftermarket guages so when i flip the switch the lights go n, among other things slowly cleaning up and slowly preparing to install wires for a sound system.

myk

Used the Charger to haul two bicycles to the lake for myself and the "flavor of the month."  I love how that trunk and backseat swallow just about anything...

:angel:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

You think have room to haul stuff in yours?  Get a 1st gen my friend.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2013, 05:13:19 AM
You think have room to haul stuff in yours?  Get a 1st gen my friend.

lol, those 1st gens are like hatchbacks.

bought the hotchkis shocks to match the leaf springs......cant wait.

Ghoste

Its the truth haha.  One of the reasons a buddy of mine has been trying to discourage me from unloading the 67 is because its been so great on long road trips.  There is room for anything you need and any parts you buy along the way.

DixieRestoParts

Sadly, I had to replace the cam in my engine that has around 1000 miles on it. It had a terrible ticking sound from the lifters, and I finally pulled the intake to see what the problem was. I found the cam and lifters pitted. I was running a cam from Mr. Sixpack, Bob Karakashian. I like the performance, but not the ticking. My engine builder says it looks like a problem with the hardness of the cam and that it ate into the bottom of the lifters. Bob gets his cam and lifters from Engle. Neither he nor Engle were interested in doing anything about it. A friend of mine that knows a guy Bob races with,  said he was told Bob had a lot of problems with Engle lifters. I guess that's hearsay, but I just don't understand why people don't stand behind their products anymore. I sent a ton of pics to Bob, and he doesn't see a problem with the cam, he feels it lies elsewhere in the engine. The new cam from Comp was installed yesterday and everything seems to run like it should. I hope to take it out and beat on it a little in the next week or so and see how it performs. I guess if I get that ticking sound back in the next 1000 miles or so, maybe it wasn't the cam, but Comp sent a warranty card with their cam. My engine builder said he quit using Engle's years ago for this same reason and uses Comp because they stand behind their products. I hope I don't have to find out if that's true.  What a pain in the butt this has all been. Pic of one of the lobes attached for your amusement.

I'll be at the NATs in spaces R11-12 and S11-12, if anyone wants to stop by and see how she's running. I'll be driving it to and from the hotel each day also.

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

chargerboy69

Last weekend we installed a 12" drilled and slotted disc brake kit and rebuilt the front end.

She stops on a dime now, still not used to them.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dino

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 25, 2013, 09:22:24 AM
Last weekend we installed a 12" drilled and slotted disc brake kit and rebuilt the front end.

What system did you end up getting?  I assume the 12" rotors and calipers still fit 15" wheels?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 25, 2013, 09:22:24 AM

And no pictures?  :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Darkman

Walked into the garage looked at it, sighed, then walked out
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on July 25, 2013, 05:57:34 PM

Well that won't get you to the finish line! 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on July 25, 2013, 10:28:14 PM

Sounds like he just needs a little motivation, and maybe a little spare change as well.  Hard to get when the weather is crappy :brickwall:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on July 25, 2013, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: Fred on July 25, 2013, 10:28:14 PM

Sounds like he just needs a little motivation, and maybe a little spare change as well.  Hard to get when the weather is crappy :brickwall:

Spare change is hard to get any time even when the weather's good    :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Pre-emptive post: I'm taking the brute out tomorrow and the day after on my days off.  One thing I hate about taking this thing out: every time I do I want to start throwing money at it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ChargerD100

whole lot of nothing, most recent thing ive done was buy the re released American racing vectors for it but other than that its been sitting collecting surface rust on bare metal  :icon_smile_blackeye: and since there is no room in garage (dads hot rods) and I have nowhere to store it there it sits, in the elements... I get depressed every time I look at it, hopefully next spring I can find a way to buy or rent a house with a garage so it will be safe and have a spot to actually work on it
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Dino

You have a bare metal car sitting outside? 

Go get yourself a family size tub of vaseline and rub it all over the poor thing.

ChargerD100

Yeah messed up aint it? I know i should be beat down and stripped of the car, but when yer broke yer broke but even though its my dream car i have my days i wish i woulda never bought it, or at least not as big of project due to it being a crime to have it sit like it is
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Dino

Quote from: ChargerD100 on July 26, 2013, 07:28:35 AM
Yeah messed up aint it? I know i should be beat down and stripped of the car, but when yer broke yer broke but even though its my dream car i have my days i wish i woulda never bought it, or at least not as big of project

There are many people in the hobby who end up in that boat, we've all been there.  You have your dream car but it's not going anywhere but hindsight is always 20/20.  Don't dwell on the could haves and the should haves.  The past is the past, you have the car now so focus on the present. 

I'm sure you thought about selling the car and that's always an option as you can get a better one later when the time is right.  Still, you likely won't be making that decision today so I say protect it as best you can so time no longer matters.  You'll lose the car if it sits like this.  Rust does not progress in a linear fashion.  Once it starts to pit it'll go fast.  The vaseling trick works and it's cheap.  Just pretend your waxing the car with that stuff and be generous.

Make it your weekend project, take lots of pics, make lists of what needs to be done to it.  You can now make a for sale ad whith all the info needed or have the list for yourself for future reference.  Maybe you can get your money back or at least most of it.  If you know you won't be able to store the car properly then its future is bbleak and you may want to consider cutting your losses.

The major fear most prospective owners have is that the world is running out of Chargers.  That's simply not true, there are plenty and many are in the hands of the boomer generation.  The ones that will be selling them in droves before long.

Ghoste

I put a car cover on it so I wont have to clean it again when I get back home on a few weeks and need to get it to Columbus.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr