News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Wetsanded the paint work I did yesterday and started compounding the panels back to shine again.  All the problem areas are now repaired and look good, paint still has minor orange peel in it when viewed at an angle but from 90 degrees it looks pretty good  The tops of the fenders are nice and flat now as well as the top flatter sections of the doors which was my primary concern, the small amount of orange peel shows on the passenger door below the top body line of the scallops, can do a little more wetsanding and rebuffing next week when time permits.  Installed the door locks in both doors tonight, and will be installing door handles tomorrow once I disassemble the door handles and remove the black paint from the buttons...keeps scraping off when using the door handle to get in. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

c00nhunterjoe

I unzipped my tent and peeked in at mine today

moparsr2fast

Picked up a rebuild kit for the 727. Making a list for some upgraded internals.
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

myk

Made an appointment to take the Charger in to get the Hotchkis front sway bar brackets welded in.  Along with piano lessons, welding is one of those things I wish I had picked up when I was younger...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on March 03, 2014, 08:17:18 AM
Made an appointment to take the Charger in to get the Hotchkis front sway bar brackets welded in.  Along with piano lessons, welding is one of those things I wish I had picked up when I was younger...

Never too late!  I was 40 and one day when I started piano lessons.  Welding is easier by the way.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RallyeMike

Installed Nitrous Oxide System's Power Shot this last weekend on the 440 in the 73. All told, including some bracket fabrication, wiring, and switching from a Carter to a 750 Holley 4160, it took about 12 hours. I'll fill the bottle this coming Saturday, and hopefully it will stop raining long enough to try it out.

:drive:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

we don't need no stinkin lessons...just get a welder and go to town....lol.   Used to work with welders as a roustabout in the oil fields of the gulf of mexico when i was 20, borrowed a welding machine from my dad and figured out how to weld a patch panel on the rear fender and more recently the trunk floor.  However, if you want a neat professional job with a full bead, hiring a welder to do it for you is likely the better choice, don't want a wheel rolling off on its own.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

69wannabe

Washed it and drove it around for a lil while yesterday!!! Am planning on doing some sub frame connectors soon!!! Just been enjoying not having to work on it lately!! :yesnod:

myk

Quote from: Dino on March 03, 2014, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: myk on March 03, 2014, 08:17:18 AM

Never too late!  I was 40 and one day when I started piano lessons.  Welding is easier by the way.   :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, but I've got my hands full with guitar right now; maybe in the next life... :shruggy:

Meanwhile, it took me about a half hour to figure out turning the steering wheel so my front shocks could clear the calipers on their way out... ::)
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

timmycharger

Pulled the quarter glass regulators out.... that job suuuuuuucked.... :RantExplode:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: timmycharger on March 03, 2014, 08:42:30 PM
Pulled the quarter glass regulators out.... that job suuuuuuucked.... :RantExplode:

Just wait ti'll you gotta put em back in  :o

timmycharger

General_01

Have a couple of things to do in the Spring when the snow goes away.

1. Put a different fork pivot in so it works a little better and have less foot travel on the clutch.
2. Put in a brake lock.
3. Might get new front seat covers and put them on, depending on funds.

A couple things to do within the next 10 years.
1. New paint job.
2. Refurbish my Super Bee insert for the hood, unless....
3. ...I like the hood scoop on there now. Then I will have to redo that hood.
4. Pull carpet I siliconed to the trunk floor 25 years ago out and paint the trunk.
5. Re-chrome bumpers.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

fy469rtse

Doing the final parts to brakes, bleed them an disaster, distribution block nightmare, left that for now after much frustration and started working on my front chin spoiler, a bit more work to it then the camaro one everyone's using,
Will have to fab blocks , brackets to mount it, but the advantages to this one, its a 69 boss mustang one , much wider then the camaro one
Nice finished edges to it , it's not going to mount or be on the same angle as on the stang , but got it sit at rear near mounting bolts to front valance , it will be the look I want with out being too prominate to front, will cover up hat unfinished look that these cars have to the lower front, you won't see my sway bar or front of K frame anymore,

myk

Quote from: fy469rtse on March 04, 2014, 01:35:16 AM
Doing the final parts to brakes, bleed them an disaster, distribution block nightmare, left that for now after much frustration and started working on my front chin spoiler, a bit more work to it then the camaro one everyone's using,
Will have to fab blocks , brackets to mount it, but the advantages to this one, its a 69 boss mustang one , much wider then the camaro one
Nice finished edges to it , it's not going to mount or be on the same angle as on the stang , but got it sit at rear near mounting bolts to front valance , it will be the look I want with out being too prominate to front, will cover up hat unfinished look that these cars have to the lower front, you won't see my sway bar or front of K frame anymore,

Can't wait to see it.  I haven't mounted my Camaro spoiler yet, so I'll definitely look at your setup to see if it's something I want to do.

Meanwhile, seeing my car on a lift this morning and remembering all of the work I did on my back over the weekend makes me wish that I had regular access to a lift of my own...

69chargerboy

Have parts on standby, until the weather breaks... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! DAMN WINTER!!!  :brickwall:

New 3.55 Posi for my 8 3/4
New "Green" Bearnings
New Proform 750 Carb
B&M Deep Trans Pan
B&M Trick Shift oil
Joe Gibbs synthetic Motor oil
Joe Gibbs Break in Gear oil
Wix XP filter
New Trans Speedo Gear
NGK Spark Plugs
69 Camaro front spoiler
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

myk

Just got the car back from the shop.  With that fat 1 3/8" Hotchkis bar up front, the 1" bar in the rear and the new Fox shocks this car is, like everyone else who has installed these parts has said, a completely different car.  Turn-in happens NOW, instead of a moment later, and this car is flat, flat, FLAT in the curves; well, at least compared to the stock suspension I had two days ago.  I haven't had the chance to try any rapid, sharp turns so I'll let you guys know how that turns out.  If any of you are on the fence about these suspension modifications don't be; just get it done and realize just how good these cars can get with minimal work...

charger496

Installed firm feel tubular upper control arms, and the new oil pan was finally delivered. I had the Milodon "low profile" drag pan that was 7 1/2" deep, and it tapped the ground way too often. It had a flat spot on the passenger side, and cracked pretty bad recently. I ordered the Milodon road race/circle track pan which is 5 1/2" deep. It's almost as high as the K-frame, like stock, but has kick-outs on each side, and holds 7 quarts. So now I can keep the suspension lower for better center of gravity. Now I just have to listen for the trans pan smacking the ground...

jaak

Quote from: timmycharger on March 03, 2014, 08:42:30 PM

Yeah, that's a job. But after removing/installing a couple of times.... you can do it blindfolded  :2thumbs:

Jason

grdprx

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 03, 2014, 03:29:13 PM
Installed Nitrous Oxide System's Power Shot this last weekend on the 440 in the 73. All told, including some bracket fabrication, wiring, and switching from a Carter to a 750 Holley 4160, it took about 12 hours. I'll fill the bottle this coming Saturday, and hopefully it will stop raining long enough to try it out.

:drive:

Holy cow!  That baby's gunna haul ass!!   :drive:   :drive:

myk

Quote from: charger496 on March 04, 2014, 09:12:22 PM
  Installed firm feel tubular upper control arms, and the new oil pan was finally delivered. I had the Milodon "low profile" drag pan that was 7 1/2" deep, and it tapped the ground way too often. It had a flat spot on the passenger side, and cracked pretty bad recently. I ordered the Milodon road race/circle track pan which is 5 1/2" deep. It's almost as high as the K-frame, like stock, but has kick-outs on each side, and holds 7 quarts. So now I can keep the suspension lower for better center of gravity. Now I just have to listen for the trans pan smacking the ground...

Did you have to cut or grind anything on the body to get those control arms to fit?

ottawamerc

I spent a day installing power brake booster into my 71 and while I'm at it I will install a Hurst Roll control to the front brakes. I'm looking forward to POWER brakes :dance: I also recently received my new frame connectors and torque boxes from USCartool, very nice pieces for sure looking forward to installing them next :2thumbs:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

charger496

Myk, it was a simple bolt-on install. There's no adjustability like with some of the other more expensive uppers on the market, but I've had good experiences with firm feel and their products. I'm sure the arms for 2nd gen would go on as easy as 3rd.

myk

Quote from: charger496 on March 05, 2014, 09:01:27 AM
Myk, it was a simple bolt-on install. There's no adjustability like with some of the other more expensive uppers on the market, but I've had good experiences with firm feel and their products. I'm sure the arms for 2nd gen would go on as easy as 3rd.

Thanks for the response.  I was just checking out Firm Feel's page, specifically their listing for Upper control arms, and I can't help but wonder why I'm about to drop $750 on Hotchkis UCA's when Firm Feel's own tubular UCA's go for about half of that amount.  The fact that I have to grind/cut on my frame/body to get the Hotchkis UCA's into place irks me, to some degree as well.  I don't think there's any adjustability on the Hotchkis UCA's, either.  So again, after looking at Hotchkis' parts and Firm Feel's, I have to wonder what the advantage is to the higher priced stuff; I don't see anything mechanically different...