News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

I do not see how anyone could get the nut out with the AC and steering column in place, especially with a manual transmission and the clutch pedal always in the way.
In the end, I used the angle grinder to lop off the head of the stud and drove the stud back through the firewall.  Worked like a charm.   Since I wasn't planning on reusing any of it, I wasn't overly concerned about the damage....but I could always get a replacement stud if needed.
The upper bolts for the plate are a lot easier to get as they are just a straight shot with a long (16" + ) extension.

WHITE AND RED 69

Had problems with my heater hoses so I swapped them out for some braided ones.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on September 24, 2014, 08:39:22 PM
That is one clean motor....are there any bugs by you? LOL , I can surly see why the old AC lines and system are gone on this ride :cheers:

PtitRaisin

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on September 25, 2014, 06:37:41 PM
That is one clean motor....are there any bugs by you? LOL , I can surly see why the old AC lines and system are gone on this ride :cheers:

+1 incredibly clean
Quentin

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on September 25, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

It's not the bugs I have to worry about...It's my grubby fingerprints that are the problem.   :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JamieZ

I got the booster on...and was happy....for about 2 hours and then I figured out how the pedal linkage was designed to install.  Next day I tried a few things to get it installed, but no luck the booster had to come back out so I could install the pedal linkage.  I managed to get it installed, bleed the master, and get that installed as well:

Everything will look much better once I have a chance to get the car out of the garage and clean it (WHITE AND RED 69 >> me).

Hooking up the vacuum hose of the booster, I found what I thought was a cap on the vacuum tree was actually just a piece of hose with a bolt shoved into it....not even any sealant.

Sigh

Once I get the brakes bled and the speedo cable replaced, I'll put the dash in and get working on the alignment.

1carcrazyguy

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Dreamcar

I finally got to test fit the donor cowl panel after having to rebuild both door pillar posts.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Godsmack635

Keith88 your dash looks killer with the new LED's.  I was tossing around the idea of doing just the bulbs like you did or swapping out all my gauges for aftermarket autometer gauges.  Last thing I had done to mine was having a custom center console built around my new floor shifter.  Prior to this I swapped out the column shift steering column with a rebuilt floor shift steering column. 

BrianShaughnessy

I got the exhaust mocked up on Sinnamon.    2.5" stainless American Thunder w/ Flowmaster 40's.  Gotta finish up the ball flange collector up front.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

keith88

Godsmack635, Thanks i like the way it came out to was not that hard to do. The only aftermarket gauge i have is the tach . I love the center console i was thinking about do that with mine as well, did you make it or did someone make it for you?
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 01, 2014, 09:50:02 PM
I got the exhaust mocked up on Sinnamon.    2.5" stainless American Thunder w/ Flowmaster 40's.  Gotta finish up the ball flange collector up front.

Brian,what's that third member you got in that car ??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

bill440rt

Very nice Clayton!  :cheers:
Where did you get those hoses from??  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

timmycharger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 02, 2014, 02:06:26 PM
I got the exhaust mocked up on Sinnamon.    2.5" stainless American Thunder w/ Flowmaster 40's.  Gotta finish up the ball flange collector up front.

Looks like one that could withstand a nuclear explosion!! Makes my Dana 60 look like a 7 1/4...
Nice!!  :2thumbs:

Godsmack635

Keith88- I had the console made by a shop out here locally.  I installed the shifter and mounted it on a bracket I fabricated myself.  I started making a mock up using cardboard for the console and figured maybe building this would be better left to a professional.  I'm really happy the way it turned out thanks!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 02, 2014, 02:06:26 PM
I got the exhaust mocked up on Sinnamon.    2.5" stainless American Thunder w/ Flowmaster 40's.  Gotta finish up the ball flange collector up front.

It's a Moser 8 3/4 housing I got from E-booger awhile back.   Had to cut and weld up the back brace to clearance the shocks.
It was a prototype unit,   production housings were corrected.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: bill440rt on October 02, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Very nice Clayton!  :cheers:
Where did you get those hoses from??  :scratchchin:

Thanks Bill    :cheers:

The hoses are Russell Pro-classic 2 from Summit.    :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Baldwinvette77

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

JamieZ

Well I spent the week trying to bleed the brakes..to no avail.  It seems like something is wrong with the master.  If I bench bleed it, I get fluid flow into the large chamber, but fluid just stops flowing to the top.  Let it sit for a few minutes and I get another squirt or two to the small chamber then nothing.  I've contacted DrDiff to see what he says, but for now I'm stuck.

So the weekend wasn't a total loss I swapped the wheel studs on the driver's side rear.  After the disc brake swap it was the only wheel using wrong hand threads.

twenty mike mike

Removed the backlight, which was pretty easy using a length of piano wire, but what a sticky mess.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

With the top of the engine off, I was finally able to finish painting the left inner fender. Next up, installing the left Hotchkis upper control arm.  :yesnod:

nvrbdn

I decorated it up for a trunk or treat tonight at a local cruise. we had a good time and about 120 trick-or-treaters. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste