News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Finally installed White & Red's '67 console armrest into my interior.  I forgot how nice it is to have an arm rest!

[/URL]
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Back N Black

Quote from: myk on November 23, 2014, 05:19:24 PM
Finally installed White & Red's '67 console armrest into my interior.  I forgot how nice it is to have an arm rest!

[/URL]

Nice!!

moparnation74

Quote from: Back N Black on November 24, 2014, 12:07:40 PM

[/URL]

Nice!!
I bet it is nice to have the armrest pad there, looks great.  I like your floor mats too.

myk

Thanks guys, we're a little dirty inside but finally having a console AND an armrest had me giddy and I had to share...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tcs69rt

Keeping mine indoors until the snow melts away...
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

JamieZ

Put the passenger's side back together.  It took a little longer as I had to relocate the brake transition bracket.  I must not have got it in the exact factory position when I repaired the frame rail.  I also picked up some grade 8 hardware to mount the bump stop offset brackets I made.  Here is what they look like from the bottom.

The folds prevent it from deflecting when the full weight is on the bump stop.

I also torqued everything, reinstalled all the pins and then hit the new uppers with the grease gun.   So now I am back to where I was before the recall.

I put the tires back on it and lowered it onto the alignment plates, but then I was too cold to mess with the alignment.  I'll take care of that next week (I hope).

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

keith88

Added a after market radio because the stock one did not work ,it plays CD,sd cards and usb sticks, aux jack as well as radio function pretty cool.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

Took off the air shocks this summer and found a way to get the rack it had with them, I used spring helpers it should ride a lot better than it did with them to wont really know until spring though.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

jww426

Did a burnout just to go and get coffee and a donut...
JWWIV

JamieZ

Got everything set up for the alignment, just need to get it dialed in.  Since the weather was decent, my dad came over and we put the Charger's winter home together

WHITE AND RED 69

[/URL]

Looking good Myk!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

I like the armrest myk. Does a 1st gen console lid just bolt right on a 2nd gen? Id like to do that mod.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Dino

Quote from: JR on December 07, 2014, 01:03:21 AM
I like the armrest myk. Does a 1st gen console lid just bolt right on a 2nd gen? Id like to do that mod.

Yes it does, I have one in my car as well.  I didn't have the original brackets so I made my own out of aluminum I got at a hardware store.  Fits like a glove.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JR

Quote from: Dino on December 07, 2014, 09:06:17 AM
Quote from: JR on December 07, 2014, 01:03:21 AM

Yes it does, I have one in my car as well.  I didn't have the original brackets so I made my own out of aluminum I got at a hardware store.  Fits like a glove.

Thats good news Dino, Ive never even thought of swapping one before. Off to the classifieds I go.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Dino

Be aware that the stock armrests are a little thinner than Myk's, that one is padded.  My seat foam has seen better days and the armrest is a tad low, but it's better than not having one at all.  Once I have new seat foam and covers I will bulk up my armrest as well.  About an extra inch should do it.  If you have a wood grain console, the short piece on the armrest base does not have this as this didn't start until '69.  For the brackets you just need some angle iron, or aluminum.   :icon_smile_big:

You just drill some holes in the sides of it so it can be screwed onto the console's metal brackets, and you drill 2 holes in the top of each to bolt the armrest housing to.  I painted the brackets black and put a liner in the console to make it look nicer.

Yes I know the rest of it looks horrible but it will have to stay green for a while.   :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

Installed the rear shocks, cut the holes for the fuel filler tube and vent, installed the sending unit and hung the gas tank

Dino

A few months ago I finally repainted the fuel cap.  There black paint was all gone when I bought the car.  5 minute job that makes it look so much better.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

garner7555

Quote from: cdr on December 08, 2014, 03:50:20 PM
driving it

Awesome Charlie!!!!    Glad to see you got it on the road!!!!!      :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

fy469rtse

no fair charlie, all that work done and no post's
your thread was good reading , car looks great

cdr

THANKS GUYS, I was using facebook as my photo host & a bunch of my pictures have vanished off my thread,so now i am going photo bucket,,i posted a short version of my car on a different thread.

also DINO & MYK i have the same console pad & it works great.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

I started teardown on a 440 to slide between the fenders for next season.