News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

Mounted my 67 Scoop from SledCity onto the hood  :2thumbs:

ODZKing

Quote from: Dino on July 24, 2015, 06:11:09 PM
I called it names after I came home to find a small puddle of coolant under the car...over a week after putting it on stands.  Why it decided to leak now is a mystery to me.  The leak is coming from the block where the lower hose attaches.  It looked like the coolant got pushed up and then ran down the hose.  Weird.  Oh well, I'm yanking the engine this fall anyway so what's another leak...
It's not a leak, it is marking it's territory.   ;)

BrianShaughnessy

Sinnamon got more sanding... then more primer :)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

keith88

I added a CB antenna to the trunk to replicate the General as well i added a general lee license plate holder from Cooters and changed the thermostat to a 160 because it got warmer than i would like when i went to a cruise the other night while in stop and go traffic. Taking it to work tomorrow to test it out going to be in the mid 90s.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Dino

Quote from: ODZKing on July 28, 2015, 09:37:05 AM
Quote from: Dino on July 24, 2015, 06:11:09 PM
I called it names after I came home to find a small puddle of coolant under the car...over a week after putting it on stands.  Why it decided to leak now is a mystery to me.  The leak is coming from the block where the lower hose attaches.  It looked like the coolant got pushed up and then ran down the hose.  Weird.  Oh well, I'm yanking the engine this fall anyway so what's another leak...
It's not a leak, it is marking it's territory.   ;)

:lol:   :2thumbs:

Quote from: cdr on July 28, 2015, 10:56:16 AM
SINNAMON is lookin awesome !!!!!!

She sure is!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

67440chrg

The Hood looks great. I went a little overboard.

jaak

Musicman, I dig that hood... good work!  :2thumbs: Is that scoop made for a Gen 1 Charger? Looks nice the way the bodylines match up.

Jason

Musicman

Thanks guys  :2thumbs:
It's the standard 66-67 RO/WO style scoop  :cheers:

grdprx

I installed a new PowerForce harmonic balancer and took the opportunity to replace my plastic flexi fan with a metal viscous fan as I had it off the car.
Question, is this the proper clearance from the radiator for the fan?  It looks to be a 1/4" clearance...

Musicman

I made up a Debris Screen for the hole cutout in the hood this morning.

6pkrtse

I drive the heck out of mine. Drove mine to work on Saturday. One of the guys I work with took the picture & emailed it to me. They don't believe I drive it as much as I do. Like I tell them doesn't do any good sitting in the garage. 
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

NHCharger

Quote from: grdprx on August 01, 2015, 07:33:01 PM
Question, is this the proper clearance from the radiator for the fan?  It looks to be a 1/4" clearance...

Damn, that is cutting it close. I always figured 3/4"-1".
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Bronzedodge

I thought about 1/2" was the rule of thumb.  I would be worried about it that close.  On the other hand, the fix is a different fan clutch?
Mopar forever!

grdprx

I took the fan off, too close for my liking. I'm going to order the shorter shaft Hayden clutch. Hopefully that gives enough clearance.

lexxman

Well I got the new wiring installed and plug wires. Won't be long and I will be able to start it again. :2thumbs:

Lewis

I removed my steering column of my 73 charger as it sheered off at the u joint, I am going to machine the end of the joint down to make it fit a new joint so I don't have to buy a new column as I can't locate one at all in the UK!!!

ODZKing

Quote from: Lewis on August 08, 2015, 03:50:55 PM
I removed my steering column of my 73 charger as it sheered off at the u joint, I am going to machine the end of the joint down to make it fit a new joint so I don't have to buy a new column as I can't locate one at all in the UK!!!
Before you do that, you know the "Rag Joint" as they call is is available as well as all the steering hardware.
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/inc/sdetail/1015/1025
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/power_steering_hardware
May save you some time and a lot of work

Lewis

Thank you that is kind of you to reply, in my case it won't help me as previous owner has bodge the steering for instance at the bottom of the steering column is a u joking that connects straight to the steering box it been changed to non power steering so contemplating repair or replace to power steering not sure yet, but thank you for the help :)

NZCharger

New carpet kit installed
Brakes ballanced , exhaust leak fixed , hi rear stop light installed , front brake hoses replaced

myk

I like the idea of a high mount stop light.

In any case, went to a cruise last night and rolled the boulevard but didn't stop and hangout like I usually do; I think I'm over the car show season already... :shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1st_charger

set her back down on all fours so I can roll her around to her new garage stall with more space to work.

keith88

Fixed my headlight doors  by changing them to electric motors.

See videos here:(Out side shot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdBka_xkk3I&feature=youtu.be
And here: (inside shot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-IIesICQVg
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

timmycharger

Getting closer to getting it started, its looking much more crowded in there!

Got the AC lines sorted out last night, just a few more things to square away.  :coolgleamA: