News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

Quote from: TPR on March 26, 2016, 06:14:03 AM
Looks Great Don.
Man, that car has gone through some changes.
Hope to see it again soon.
TPR
thanks Tim , Have a long history of colour changes, become a joke now. Welcome to drop in if in my area. Also have a DMCL clone.

tsmithae

Flipped it on it's side.  The homemade rotisserie works great!

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

rt_bigblock

I put a frame in like you to link the uni body back to front, it was unreal to the cars frame too,  Then cracked the shockie bracket frame, just after it was on the strip ... had too plate it never had a issue after that ...

rt_bigblock

Link frame under the car . A must for all chargers 68-70, Fixes bad door striker jams issues I have seen ...fixes  a lot of twisting issues in braking setups , in you dropped a big mopar donk in. I have to tell you it, a must do job plus big disc brakes all round..

myk

Might as well go with the torque boxes too...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tsmithae

Quote from: rt_bigblock on March 28, 2016, 04:00:51 AM
Link frame under the car . A must for all chargers 68-70, Fixes bad door striker jams issues I have seen ...fixes  a lot of twisting issues in braking setups , in you dropped a big mopar donk in. I have to tell you it, a must do job plus big disc brakes all round..

Agreed, it's a necessary mod, unless you're doing a 100 percent factory restoration.  Disc brakes are already purchased for all 4 corners.

Quote from: myk on March 28, 2016, 04:41:32 AM
Might as well go with the torque boxes too...

Those are going in after I epoxy the undercarriage.  :icon_smile_big:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

myk

I'm hoping to buy my torque boxes with my Borgeson box; transform the car again with that stage of mods...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

HeavyFuel

Went for a drive, first time this year. 

March 28th.....62*.......not bad for the middle of the Northern Great Plains.

Looks like I've got a fan.    :icon_smile_big:

brad mcintyre

replaced fuel pump. put in kill switch after reading about stolen charger  :flame: :flame:

rebby

Took the GL out of the garage tonight!

Made a quick run to the gas station that ended up taking an hour +. Starter wouldn't engage. Turns out that one of the bolts loosened up. Was able to get it started by wedging a hammer handle up there to apply pressure to the starter. Tomorrow I'll pull out the bolts, add a dab of Loctite, and reinstall. Should be fun with the headers. My son's birthday is Thursday and I'm hoping to take him to/from school so need to get it done.

Other than the starter issue, the car ran great. Just need to fix a minor leak on the radiator overflow. Not a big deal at all.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

68 BENGAL R/T

Got a hold of some original '68 BENGAL Charger emblems for my Original '68 BENGAL car!!!
    I have recently come back to the DodgeCharger.com because I have been seriously entertaining the idea of
finally restoring my '68 Bengal Charger I have owned for almost 40 years. I came across a post in a Bengal
Charger Forum topic from 2014 from aray17 that he had original emblems from the Tom Kneer dealership that
closed in the late 70's. Hemi-Hampton contacted him and bought 3 '72 Bengal emblems, and some guy from
Pennsylvania who made a '68 Bengal clone bought 2 of the '68's.
    What are the chances of him still having the remaining 2 '68s???  I sent him a email last month and last
week I received 2 NEW '68 BENGAL Charger emblems to replace my originals!!! 
Thanks again aray17 and DodgeCharger..com!

cdr

Quote from: 68 BENGAL R/T on March 30, 2016, 01:17:34 PM
Got a hold of some original '68 BENGAL Charger emblems for my Original '68 BENGAL car!!!
    I have recently come back to the DodgeCharger.com because I have been seriously entertaining the idea of
finally restoring my '68 Bengal Charger I have owned for almost 40 years. I came across a post in a Bengal
Charger Forum topic from 2014 from aray17 that he had original emblems from the Tom Kneer dealership that
closed in the late 70's. Hemi-Hampton contacted him and bought 3 '72 Bengal emblems, and some guy from
    What are the chances of him still having the remaining 2 '68s???  I sent him a email last month and last

That is SO COOL!!  I have never seen a Bengal in the wild, would love to see one.  WE NEED PICTURES  :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68 BENGAL R/T

Hi cdr, I had a couple of pictures posted earlier in this thread, but here's a couple more.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

NHCharger

Test paint for the clone. After looking at cars online we decided to drive thru some dealerships last weekend looking for a color. After several dealerships I said to the wife we should really stop at the Dodge/Ram dealer. Would like to put a dodge color on the clone if we can agree on a color.
Found this. Blue Streak Pearl. The cost of the paint using the good stuff- PPG, is obscene. So I used the cheaper Omni knowing that the PPG will pop more in the sun.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71charger_fan

Installed Lokar kickdown and throttle cables today. Had to add a couple of washers and a foam gasket where the new throttle cable passed through the square hole for the OE accelerator cable.

Dreamcar

Started to prep the new floorpan using the old one as a template. Got the locations for the shifter/console brackets identified. Will be cutting out what remains of the original soon and installing subframe connectors before putting in the new floor.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

VegasCharger

I got the new M&H under dash wire harness thru Year One a while back for my 68. And I finally got around to do some stock mods to it. In this case I switched out the dimmer light terminal plug supplied by M&H and put a stock one on. The reason I did this is because the M&H terminal housing does not have the floor board flange, it's just a straight plug. So I salvaged one from a parts wire harness, cleaned it up and switched it out. See pics.

Next I'm going to switch out the ignition plug terminal housing. It's the same shape but I do not like how it mates up with the ignition switch.

:cheers: :cheers:

myk

Quote from: 68 BENGAL R/T on March 30, 2016, 01:17:34 PM

Cool, rare car for sure.  40 years is a long time but better late than never.  Get it going!

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

myk

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 14, 2016, 08:08:29 AM
I'm installing an 850 PROFORM  :icon_smile_big:

What?  No Fitech?  Congrats on the magazine thingy BTW...

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: myk on April 14, 2016, 08:09:26 AM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 14, 2016, 08:08:29 AM
I'm installing an 850 PROFORM  :icon_smile_big:

What?  No Fitech?  Congrats on the magazine thingy BTW...

Thx MYK! I had already bought the Proform & was intrested in the FITECH after speaking to them at Autorama in Detroit.......I got the Proform for Half the price of a new one in Canada
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

myk

BLK 68 R/T

cdr

bought a 1in hotchkis rear sway bar from John  [1974dodgecharger] & installed it.