News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Moment of truth today for me. Fired up the motor for the first time, happy to report that it runs well  :icon_smile_cool:

timmycharger

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on November 26, 2016, 12:56:57 AM
Moment of truth today for me. Fired up the motor for the first time, happy to report that it runs well  :icon_smile_cool:

Excellent!

Magnumcharger

I bought a rust free passenger side fender for my 1971 Charger R/T, from my buddy Nick Taylor in San Diego. He also gave me a pair of perfect grilles for the same car! Nice guy!
For my 1968 Charger R/T, my friend Ken Atyeo gave me the console arm rest I was looking for. Its out of a 1966 Charger, but much needed in the '68 as it should have been offered for that year! I'll have to reupholster it to match the white interior.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Dino

I have the same armrest and it definitely helps but consider making it taller. I'll be adding a few inches of foam on top because it sits a bit too low right now.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

Quote from: Dino on November 28, 2016, 09:58:14 AM
I have the same armrest and it definitely helps but consider making it taller. I'll be adding a few inches of foam on top because it sits a bit too low right now.

I agree, I will do that when I recover mine,  DONT FORGET THE BRACKETS TO ATTACH it to your console.

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

I ended up using aluminum stock angle brackets because I didn't have the original ones. Drilled some holes, painted them black, works like a charm!

cdr

Quote from: Dino on November 28, 2016, 11:39:46 AM
I ended up using aluminum stock angle brackets because I didn't have the original ones. Drilled some holes, painted them black, works like a charm!

Yep Did the same.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on November 28, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

One of the best things I did to my interior was adding foam to that armrest   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

I've got to find one of those lids.

Also, White & Red, where did you find those pedal covers? Did you make them?

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: JR on November 28, 2016, 05:06:51 PM
I've got to find one of those lids.

Also, White & Red, where did you find those pedal covers? Did you make them?

http://www.modoinnovations.com/mopar_pedals.html

A little pricey but they are well made pieces. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

JR

I've been upgrading bulbs in my rides lately, and finally decided to update the headlamps on my 70. I had already done the relay upgrade, but the old sealed beams were useless at night. Total garbage.

So, while browsing EBay, I came across this.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=251759469929&category=33710&pm=1&ds=0&t=1480556616729

62 bucks for all 4 lights with the H4 bulbs included. Cheap enough to take a gamble.

Here's the results. The first pics are a comparison of old and new. The new h4 bulbs are installed on the driver's side, stock bulbs on passenger side.

Excuse the filthy garage, I have 4 different projects going on at the moment.)

You can see the clear difference between the new bulbs, and the old garbage. No comparison. The old ones were like 4 dim candles, absolutely useless. The new ones actually emit usable light.

Here's all 4 installed, plus the led driving lights.

What a huge improvement. For 60 bucks, I'm pleased. Would definitely recommend. It's actually safe to drive at night now.

M5Ivan

Huge improvement JR! I'm just about to do the relay upgrade, I guess I'll have to add these to my list.

JR

It's totally worth it M5lvan. The relay upgrade is a necessity also. My headlight switch used to overheat and cut out before I did the relay mod. They never did it again after the relays were added.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, these h4 bulb kits are a direct fit. No modifications, and they use the same electrical plug, they take 15 minutes to install.

NHCharger

Wow. That's worth every penny. I did the relay upgrade on my 72. Need to do it on the 68 and buy these headlights.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

The fully assembled pic was back in August when I was test fitting everything.
The second pic is from tonight. Tweaking the bodylines  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

M5Ivan

JR

Quote from: M5Ivan on November 30, 2016, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: JR on November 30, 2016, 09:22:41 PM
It's totally worth it M5lvan.

I just ordered them.
Thanks!

Awesome, you'll love em!

And that Daytona is looking awesome NHCharger. I love wing cars.

garner7555

It's totally worth it M5lvan. The relay upgrade is a necessity also. My headlight switch used to overheat and cut out before I did the relay mod. They never did it again after the relays were added.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, these h4 bulb kits are a direct fit. No modifications, and they use the same electrical plug, they take 15 minutes to install.

I can't decide between this upgrade or just going all out with LEDs?    :shruggy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291262795532?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Either one is a huge improvement and very much needed.    :yesnod:    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ryan.C

Pictures please!
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Dino

Quote from: Ryan.C on November 30, 2016, 10:22:03 PM

Pictures please!

I'll get you some when I get home.  :yesnod:

JR

Quote from: garner7555 on November 30, 2016, 10:10:42 PM

I can't decide between this upgrade or just going all out with LEDs?    :shruggy:
I'd be curious to see how those work if you get them, Garner.

From what I've learned about LEDs, they usually require a projector to throw the light a comparable distance to Halogen or HID. But the technology is improving every day.

They do say in the ad they'll give a 100% refund if you don't like them, so that's a good sign.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291262795532?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Either one is a huge improvement and very much needed.    :yesnod:    :2thumbs:

ODZKing

Well after months, and I do mean MONTHS of wait and delay, our garage project is finally finished. after we finally got the refinance and all THOSE hoops we had to jump through  :eek2:  then all the permits and inspections  :brickwall:  unbelievable.   :RantExplode:
Next, after the driest summer we have had in 50 years, we had the wettest October here in 114 years, more delays. It was incredible the amount of rain we got.
This project should have been done beginning of October but with the permit delays then the rain I finally moved the cars in today!
The contractor would start and have to stop because the yard was flooded or it was raining ... hard. Then we got a snow storm a week ago, like 18 inches!
Anyway, I am happy today as all three are tucked away in our Mopar Motel for the winter.