News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

Replaced my shift lens as it was cracked and replaced the light under it with an LED light.
Removed my 3 speed wiper motor and found out it's a '72 A body 3 speed variable. It worked intermittently and never parked so know I know why. Planning to replace it with a restored correct motor even though the car will never see rain as long as I own it  ;)

Dino

Quote from: M5Ivan on January 08, 2017, 05:03:38 PM
Replaced my shift lens as it was cracked and replaced the light under it with an LED light.
Removed my 3 speed wiper motor and found out it's a '72 A body 3 speed variable. It worked intermittently and never parked so know I know why. Planning to replace it with a restored correct motor even though the car will never see rain as long as I own it  ;)

Do you have a console shifter? On my car the voltage is too low to power the LED. Another board member has a similar issue. Could you tell me what part number that LED is?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

M5Ivan

[/quote]

Do you have a console shifter? On my car the voltage is too low to power the LED. Another board member has a similar issue. Could you tell me what part number that LED is?
[/quote]

I do have a console shifter.

I said I "replaced" it, I didn't say it worked  :icon_smile_big:

Good question though, my instrument cluster is out for restoration so I wasn't able to test it. I bought these and plan to replace all of the instrument panel lights, heater/ac control lights with them: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/ba9s-ba7s/ba9s-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-ba9s-retrofit-car/2077/#/attributes/10855

I do know they work in the instrument cluster, but haven't been able to test them on the heater/ac controls or the shift lens light.
These bulbs will power up with 9v (I tested with a battery)
What bulbs did you try?

igozumn

Couple months ago, I put new carpet in.  The heel pad was starting to get darkened up from the shoes and such, so figured I should go ahead and order some floor mats.  Got new pedal trim 2 weeks ago and ordered the mats last week.  Very please with how well they matched, since the mats are from one vendor and the carpet from another.  Went with the bright blue logo, hoping it would sort of match the Q5 turquoise.  And it's close enough for this ratty ride.

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

blueskydark

New battery  :yesnod: and got her out of the garage for a few laps around the neighborhood. It was a good day!
1968 Dodge Charger Survivor

ACUDANUT

You can't drive a classic car in the winter time here in the Midwest  (even if it's 55 degrees)  You get sand blasted with old rock salt still on the road, and the wind does not help. :brickwall:

Dino

Quote from: M5Ivan on January 08, 2017, 05:16:13 PM

[/quote]

I do have a console shifter.

I said I "replaced" it, I didn't say it worked  :icon_smile_big:

Good question though, my instrument cluster is out for restoration so I wasn't able to test it. I bought these and plan to replace all of the instrument panel lights, heater/ac control lights with them: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/ba9s-ba7s/ba9s-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-ba9s-retrofit-car/2077/#/attributes/10855

I do know they work in the instrument cluster, but haven't been able to test them on the heater/ac controls or the shift lens light.
These bulbs will power up with 9v (I tested with a battery)
What bulbs did you try?
[/quote]

They look to be the same as the ones I have. They work everywhere but the shifter. I used different ones for the ac controls I think. I somehow recall thesebeing too big to fit, but it's ben a while so maybe I'm wrong.

VegasCharger

Quote from: blueskydark on January 10, 2017, 04:43:32 PM
New battery  :yesnod: and got her out of the garage for a few laps around the neighborhood. It was a good day!

Damn, nice looking 68.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So sinister looking, even in maroon.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oh and welcome aboard!!

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

blueskydark

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 11, 2017, 08:17:35 AM
Quote from: blueskydark on January 10, 2017, 04:43:32 PM
New battery  :yesnod: and got her out of the garage for a few laps around the neighborhood. It was a good day!

Damn, nice looking 68.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So sinister looking, even in maroon.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oh and welcome aboard!!

:2thumbs: Thanks, She is sweet and sinister at the same time.
1968 Dodge Charger Survivor

JR

Got it halfway torn down. I'm redoing the fuel lines for the EFI, rerouting them away from heat and shortening them. Doing some detailing and maintenance work.

I think this pic sums up my classic car ownership experience. One hour of driving for ten hours of this. :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

twenty mike mike

My move from the San Diego area to NorCal interfered slightly with my progress, to say the least. I'm not used to the weather changing all the time, and thinking, 'Jeez, I should have worked on the car yesterday, when it was a balmy 50 degrees.'

I got the Dynamat installed, which took a box and a half and three rolls of tape. I didn't do the trunk.

The carpet, which I bought years ago and has been in the box ever since, was rough trimmed to get it used to being in its new home. I let the front one lie around for few weeks before installing the gas pedal and trimming around the shifter. It was advertised as being a molded carpet, but the molds don't seem to be very close to reality.

Then I installed the gauge pod and radio. I hope to find a lower dash pad for A/C some day, so I'll leave the original off for now.

M5Ivan

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: JR on January 16, 2017, 10:32:23 PM
Got it halfway torn down. I'm redoing the fuel lines for the EFI, rerouting them away from heat and shortening them. Doing some detailing and maintenance work.

I think this pic sums up my classic car ownership experience. One hour of driving for ten hours of this. :icon_smile_big:

Haha! That's been my experience as well. But it's fun working on them.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

Quote from: igozumn on January 10, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
Couple months ago, I put new carpet in.  The heel pad was starting to get darkened up from the shoes and such, so figured I should go ahead and order some floor mats.  Got new pedal trim 2 weeks ago and ordered the mats last week.  Very please with how well they matched, since the mats are from one vendor and the carpet from another.  Went with the bright blue logo, hoping it would sort of match the Q5 turquoise.  And it's close enough for this ratty ride.

Well, considering how great yours look, I was inspired by your post, and did exactly the same thing. My 10 year old carpet is has lost some color and should probably be replaced again, but in the meantime, new floor mats in the matching 80/20 loop. I got them from Auto Custom Carpets, and am really pleased with the quality.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: JR on January 20, 2017, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: igozumn on January 10, 2017, 01:25:25 PM

Well, considering how great yours look, I was inspired by your post, and did exactly the same thing. My 10 year old carpet is has lost some color and should probably be replaced again, but in the meantime, new floor mats in the matching 80/20 loop. I got them from Auto Custom Carpets, and am really pleased with the quality.

Both sets look great. I'll do it, too, but with no logo.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: M5Ivan on January 19, 2017, 07:32:50 PM
Nice work on the carpet!

Thanks! Now I wish I'd gone with the more expensive carpet that is shipped flat. Back then, though, I was only going to clean it up a bit as a driver, rather than doing a semi restoration.

twenty mike mike

I installed the Classic Auto Air controls on the heater bezel, along with new control knobs. I didn't use the CAA faceplate, preferring the original look. Unfortunately, the new CAA controls stick out so far toward the firewall that my cool dual speaker setup was in the way. In fact, now it looks like no speaker will fit, even the low profile one from RetroSound.

BLK 68 R/T

Got the roll pin installed in the steering coupler, set the proper distance on the shaft to coupler and locked it down. Now onto prepping for the vinyl top install.

XH29N0G

I took advantage of the weather and took it out for its first drive of 2017.   :icon_smile_big:  This year is starting a few months early.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

JR

After reading about C.Ducks stolen (and recovered) Charger ordeal, I decided to wire in a couple more hidden kill switches.

I know it won't stop a rollback, but the extra layers of security may delay a lazy, opportunistic theif.

Next will be some form of GPS tracking.

Dino

Took the cover off the car today. Didn't do any real work to it, only some planning to get the EFI installed. I may drop the tank and remove the 1/4" return line this week in prep for the 3/8" line and the Tanks Inc. setup.

My car will not be leaving the garage without a GPS tracker on board. Most of the interior is out so it won't take much to wire that in place.

JR

That's great Dino. You'll be surprised how quick the FiTech installation is. It's like installing a carb plus a few extra wires.

It took me longer to do the fuel tank and the new return line than all the underhood and electrical stuff combined.

Dino

Well now I don't feel like doing the tank and lines.   :lol:

I should probably wait until I have the new tank and line so I can do a swap in one day.

I just saw Fitech is releasing thei Go port efi soon. Very nice, but about double the price of the current unit. I think I'll stay with the plain 600 hp version. All I need is to get rid of that fuel smell and to be able to start it up in any type of weather.

Does Fitech ever have a sale? I'm in no rush to buy so I can wait for the next sale.

JR

I've never seen a sale from them. The most I've ever seen was a 5% off from a group buy on a Bronco forum once.

But to be fair, the 1k price point for a throttle body EFI setup is so cheap already, I can't imagine their margins are big enough for a significant price reduction.

Even Holley priced their Sniper at $995. I doubt it's gonna get any cheaper than that for a while.

Maybe do the tank and lines first to get the hard part out of the way.
Then it's all downhill from there.

When are you picking up the FiTech?