News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trident screws and sockets for 2nd gen. gas caps "deal". GOT THEM?

Started by b5blue, September 22, 2012, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Quote from: green69rt on November 17, 2012, 09:30:29 PM
Really excellent!!!  Thanks for your effort on this.  So you came out whole on the cost??? 
Here is the final break down:
17 sockets and 100 screws= 150.49 (Shipped)
3.80 shipping each X 16         60.80
16 X "000" bubble mailers,        8.80
Fat tape + fine tip marker        5.67
  Total net from PayPal=       250.25 This was higher than expected as some payed as "Gift" and some included extra $$ (THANKS!) to cover costs.
  Net extra from PayPal:         25.51
  If anyone is interested, I netted savings by switching from "Tanner Bolt & Nut Corp." to their sister web-sight www.HermansCentral.com, Hermans had flat rate shipping of 14.95 (Over 250.00 free.) with 100 screws and each socket listed at 19.09 and 6.85 respectively. Tanner has 31.50 and 7.65 respectively with shipping going up with cost of order. That saved 26.01 on the order with shipping at the same cost.  (It pays to search around.)
  With orders coming in for anywhere from 3 to 12 screws the limiting factor became the 100 screws. I initially projected about 25-30 extra but we got more responses than I foresaw and rapidly ran out of being able to send everyone who ordered the minimum 6 screws I intended.  Explaining to the vendor what we were doing while they were dealing with Sandy's aftermath in Brooklyn was interesting, 3 web-sights having to share just 2 phone lines left me waiting for their return calls several days and kinda nervous that our order be filled promptly and correctly but it worked out fine. With "Black Friday" and the shipping overload looming it was urgent to get these orders out ASAP to beat that and we cut it close. Not knowing how to handle shipping costs I just winged it at the Post Office and hoped for the best by explaining what we were doing to the guys there. The 3.80 got them posted First Class and each insured for 45.00 as "if" anyone does not receive their order I'll need to file and collect a claim then reorder a box of screws and a socket and eat the next 3.80 out of the 25.51 to reship when it gets to me. (Boy I hope everyone gets their order!  :eek2:)
  Thanks guys it was a bit of a task but I netted my screws and socket and may get about 1.00 an hour for my time, it was interesting beating the 45.00 for 3 screws and one socket I was dreading paying just to protect a new cap and trim ring I'm not even sure when I can afford.  :lol:

cdr

i got screwed today------------------------------------i mean i got my screws today lol,,BIG CALL OUT FOR THE ONE & ONLY B5BLUE
:o :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2guns: :2guns: :wave: :wave: :woohoo: :shortbus: :shortbus: :drive: :drive: :patrol: :patrol: :patrol: :patrol:

THANK YOU SO MUCH
charlie
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

rebby

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Lennard

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

Got em.  Now I can add them to my little treasure trove of small parts that will installed sometime in the future ( I hope!)

bull

b5blue

Wow seven today! Great news, that's much faster then I dared hope. I hope the other nine hit soon also.  :cheers: Thanks for reporting in promptly guys!  :yesnod:
b5

Mopar Nut

Quote from: b5blue on November 19, 2012, 08:56:03 PM
Wow seven today! Great news, that's much faster then I dared hope. I hope the other nine hit soon also.  :cheers: Thanks for reporting in promptly guys!  :yesnod:
b5
Thank you.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

HeavyFuel

Make it eight!

The head of the screw is right on when compared to an original.   :2thumbs:

b5blue

Quote from: HeavyFuel on November 20, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Make it eight!

So the socket is a good match to the original factory screw head then?  :scratchchin: (Something Troy and I were not certain of.)

richRTSE

My came yesterday while I was at work, so I got them this morning. Thanks again Neal. 

:cheers:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HeavyFuel

Quote from: b5blue on November 20, 2012, 06:48:34 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on November 20, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Make it eight!

So the socket is a good match to the original factory screw head then?  :scratchchin: (Something Troy and I were not certain of.)

Should work fine. :yesnod:

The heads are identical, except for the finish.  I think the originals are a natural finish, and the new ones have a polished zinc-type bright shine. 

I only had two originals.....so I needed to get three new ones so they'd all match. 

b5blue

These were advertised as "case hardened" also. Other places I looked did not say that. (?)  :scratchchin:

will

b5blue

b5blue

Troy

Got mine yesterday! Odd because I mailed stuff to California last week (from Ohio) and it got there in 1 day.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

b5blue

b5blue

If you don't have your screws and socket yet PLEASE let me know in a PM with your full name included. Other members have checked with me after missing out so there could be a "round two". Only 3 have not chimed in yet so if I don't hear back by 12/8/12 I must assume you got them and were too busy or forgot to reply.
  That date allows for the 21 days from the 11/17/12 mailing needed to file the insurance claim, something I really did not want to get into but will do if needed.  :scratchchin: