News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trident screws and sockets for 2nd gen. gas caps "deal". GOT THEM?

Started by b5blue, September 22, 2012, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

From my previous topic on the size of these screws there is interest enough to attempt a kind of group buy. As I can buy 100 of them for 31.50 plus shipping and sockets (1/4" drive.) run 7.50 ea. plus shipping I ran into the idea it would be much cheaper for me to order a box of screws and a bunch sockets at one time to save on shipping for everyone. Shipping was 6.95 for orders up to 49.99 and 10.95 up to 100.99 so I can order 9 sockets and 1 box of 100 screws for 109.95 shipped.
Enough guys have responded to fill that order so far offered at 12.00 for 6 screws and one socket but with shipping and PayPal fees I'm cutting it VERY close to/or loosing money. I'm not trying to profit, I just don't need 100 screws. Anyone ordering just a 7.50 socket would pay 6.95 shipping and some vendors have a 25.00 minimum order. I don't mind mailing out a bunch of these for you guys but then I started adding up costs and we never addressed adding insurance or the best way to send like USPS, Fed-Ex or UPS. I'm thinking it would be easy for me to just mail by USPS all at one time and insure every packet.
If you guys are OK with 15.00 instead of 12.00 I think I can pull this off by ordering from "Tanner Nut & Bolt Corp.", buying a pack of bubble lined pack mailers and sending all insured USPS.
The last issue is length, some say 3/4" and Bull commented they may be more like 7/8th", Tanner shows 3/4 and 1 inch so I'd need a vote?  :shruggy:
 If your "in" post here so I can add up interest for a total, if you just want screws or more than one socket or more than 6 screws let me know also as I have to go by the total responds over about 30 days before placing my order.  
 We will see how this adds up and I will ask that all "in" PayPal me prior to me ordering to cover myself but wait till I give ya word to do so. I plan on contacting Tanner prior ordering to be certain of no back order issues or any other problems.
b5blue

Lennard

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bull

I'll look at the screws I have in the cap now and see how long they are and how much of them is sticking out past the sheetmetal to try getting a more precise length. At any rate, I would like to have a set too. I was thinking of doing the same thing you are with this but got busy doing other things.

Brock Lee

Last I knew McMaster Carr had them for stupid cheap, like $10-15 per hundred.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

I checked McMaster Carr, they have "tri-wing" that is a 3 blade Phillips head, not Trident that matches OEM for us. Rats! I'm looking for the best value for HIGH quality, they are a good source for other stuff though.
  Thanks for checking length Bull!  :2thumbs:

69fourspd

I would be in for a set as well.  Thanks for trying to get this together.

-Matt

Brock Lee

Quote from: b5blue on September 23, 2012, 07:48:36 AM
  I checked McMaster Carr, they have "tri-wing" that is a 3 blade Phillips head, not Trident that matches OEM for us. Rats! I'm looking for the best value for HIGH quality, they are a good source for other stuff though.

No, they have them. Maybe just in the hard catalog. I bought some a while back and they were exact. They were not the "tri-wings".

rebby

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Dino

I'm in for the complete set.  $15 is still on the way low end of usual Charger expenses.  That's what I waste in gas going to the store these days!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

twenty mike mike

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

richRTSE

HeavyFuel

I'd like a socket and 3 screws. (uhhh....that didn't come out right)

Thanks.

b5blue

I'm calling this week to confirm an order can be in stock for this week. I'll be asking for everyone to PayPal me within 7 days upon confirmation from Tanner that there will be no delays. Including myself I'm @ 12 sockets and there will be plenty of screws @ 100 per box (69 used so far.) 
  Look for "UPDATE" in the topic Mon. or Tues. for a status.  :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

Sweet. I was wondering about these yesterday.  I'll take 12.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

green69rt

Standing by,  just need a paypal account to send the money.

Lennard

Quote from: green69rt on November 04, 2012, 03:44:26 PM
Standing by,  just need a paypal account to send the money.
Same here for 6 screws and a socket. :thumbs:

b5blue

I'll have you all PM me for info after confirmation from Tanner.  :2thumbs:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

Quote from: b5blue on November 04, 2012, 08:04:21 PM
I'll have you all PM me for info after confirmation from Tanner.  :2thumbs:
Sounds good, thanks.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."