News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD GETS Viper 6 speed T-56 installed into a B body anyone done it ??

Started by moparstuart, September 25, 2012, 11:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

here is an A-body parts list  

any help on doing a B-body  70 superbird convertible  bolting it to a  440  

Viper T56 and T6060 parts and info

If theres a fill plug directly on top right behind bell face, it's a T6060. If no fill plug, it's a T56.

GM/Ford T56/6060 - 8.25 input shaft
Viper T56/6060 - 8.25 input shaft, but 7.25 from bell mounting face. GM bell is 1" deeper than Viper.

TR6060 requires slight clearancing on bottom of quiktime bell. Just a small grinder notch to clear the casting

Quicktime Bell B/RB/Hemi - #RM-8073

QUICKTIME includes some trans mounting bolts, but they suck. Get your own G8 bolts.
----- 8 - 3/8-16 X 1.5" Grade 8 for trans to bell
----- (7) 3/8-16 X 1" grade 8 with lock nuts for block plate to bell
----- (2) 7/16 X 2" grade 8 with lock nuts for bell to block
----- (4) 3/8-16 X 1.25" grade 8 for bell to block
For starter bolts, use 2 of the Quicktime socket head bolts

B/RB/Hemi steel 10.5" flywheels 130 tooth internal balance - RAM-1503 - 6-bolt
- RAM-1583 - 8-bolt
- McLeod 8-bolt - 464100

Clutch ---- 10.472" HD diaphragm style AMC, Buick, Pontiac, Chevy - ACT# GM012
Disc-------- 10.5" street/strip organic AMC, Buick, Chevy - ACT# 3000903
Pilot Bearing – Dakota roller bearing – MP#53009180 or custom. Fits large hole, crank drilling for stick is not required. Tremecs all have 3/4" pilot like regular 4spds.

DONT FORGET TO PUT BLOCK-SAVER PLATE ON BEFORE FLYWHEEL!!! Yep, twice I forgot this LOL

If block plugs are not flush or recessed, you have to drill clearance holes in plate.

Viper hyd. throw-out bearing - Mopar #05037357AB mounting bolts - (2) 8mm - 1.25 X 25mm long
Viper throw-out bearing adapter fitting - Russell #640281 - allows -3AN braided hose

Trans mount, poly GM-style - Energy #3.1108 Trans bolts - 10mm - 1.25 X 25mm long

Slip Yolk – T56 30-spline - common small seal – Not sure if this is all T56 or just GM ones.
- TR6060 30-spline - large seal - Mopar part#5093385AA - maybe viper T56 also. This # might be whole viper driveshaft, but I couldnt locate just the slip yolk separately.

Shifter - Hurst Pro-Billet (Mustang T56) #391-5036 - GOOD A-BODY LOCATION
Ford Cobra 6spd leather knob #M-7213-B

T56 speedo – best method – Autometer electronic speedo is direct connect. Or use street-rod style converter kit for cable drive.
TR6060 has no VSS – Haneline has GPS sensor kits http://www.haneline.com Connect to Autometer speedo
- FAST Systems driveshaft speed sensor kit - 1.875 collar(8.75mopar yolk) #301437
MUST USE BILLET YOLK - if 7290ujoint, yolk must be turned to fit sensor collar. 1310 billet yolk has enough room to fit collar without machining. Cast yolks may not allow room for collar to fit.
FAST sensor is best method, as it has just 2 magnets - pulse count is low enough to work without a signal converter box. Other collars I found have 4 magnets, making the pulse count too high to wire direct to speedo.

FAST sensor requires small bracket to attach to top of center section.

Use cheapo 12v - 5v reducer for sensor and wire sensor directly to Autometer electronic speedo. These are commonly had with a lighter socket plug on them - just cut off the plug and wire it under the dash.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

My wife's T/A has a t-56 and I would love to have one of those in the charger as long as I can keep most of the console.  Actually the 5 speed would do just fine as well come to think of it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparstuart

Quote from: Dino on September 25, 2012, 11:19:07 AM
My wife's T/A has a t-56 and I would love to have one of those in the charger as long as I can keep most of the console.  Actually the 5 speed would do just fine as well come to think of it.
i'm going to try and keep most of my console and figure out a pistol grip configuration

no 5 speed for me going 6 speed

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2012, 11:52:15 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 25, 2012, 11:19:07 AM
i'm going to try and keep most of my console and figure out a pistol grip configuration

no 5 speed for me going 6 speed

I'm not sure how much of the center hump you'd need to remove but I would hope you can retain the top portion and most of the sides.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Supercharged Riot

I want to do thos as well
Any tutorials out there?

I want to use a t56 with a 440 or a 383

moparstuart

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on September 25, 2012, 03:08:12 PM
I want to do thos as well
Any tutorials out there?

I want to use a t56 with a 440 or a 383
i have not found any B body ones yet but a few A Body one was hoping this thread could turn into a good one for B Bodies

this first one is old  but its the best so far i found
    http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?3985-T-56-6-speed-discussion...updated-06-28-09

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=183871

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=173837

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=154280

e body my buddy scotts tranny tunnel he said he need most of the room on this right side , so most of the cutting went on over here

bigblue73

Scott pulled the trigger for you.....Your cross member will be fab'd in about two weeks.  Pictures coming soon.

Tony Edler
Mopar Sales and Support
Hurst Driveline Conversions

200MPH

Charger

Indygenerallee

Gonna be bitchin' Stu!!! I eventually want to do a T56 Viper 6 speed behind the 5.7 Hemi and run a 4.10!!!  :METAL: (Eventually!)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

moparstuart

Quote from: bigblue73 on October 01, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
Scott pulled the trigger for you.....Your cross member will be fab'd in about two weeks.  Pictures coming soon.

Tony Edler
Mopar Sales and Support
Hurst Driveline Conversions
Thanks tony  yes scott has pushed me into this whole deal , I am usually a little more conserative with the
extent of the modifications i do to my cars   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

moparstuart

got up bright and early and drove 1/2 way to omaha nebraska to meet this guy and buy the viper tranny

out of a 94 viper with 15 k miles on it

set me back $ 800.00 steal of the century for me

moparstuart

look this is one bad asp tranny   :icon_smile_big:  its daffy upside down

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: met in a mcdonalds parking lot in mound city missouri

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  chrysler parts tag still on the hydrolic throw out bearing

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

A383Wing

cdr