News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas prices suck

Started by skip68, October 02, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

How bad is it in your area?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Quote from: skip68 on October 02, 2012, 12:53:49 AM
How bad is it in your area?   
$3.59 for the cheap stuff.  Let you know tomorrow on the others.

Fred

So bad I'm going to have to start pissing my own.  :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Old Moparz

I don't know why everyone bitches about high oil prices. :shruggy: 

You should turn that negative energy around by changing it into a strong sense of good ol' "go shopping patriotism" like I do. I can sleep at night knowing that I'm doing my part at helping the small minority of the 1% by not looking at the price & just fill up.  :Twocents:

Exxon's Profit Rises in Quarter, Helped by Higher Oil Prices
HOUSTON — Exxon Mobil, the largest American oil company, reported a 53 percent increase in its fourth-quarter profit on Monday, helped by an improving world economy that has increased energy demand and crude prices.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/business/01oil.html?_r=0

Occidental and ConocoPhillips Profits Surge in Fourth Quarter
High oil prices and record crude production fueled a 35% profit increase for Occidental and a 70% jump for ConocoPhillips. Other oil firms are expected to report healthy earnings too.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/26/business/la-fi-oil-earnings-20120126
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Mytur Binsdirti

I was on Nantucket a couple weeks ago & the cheap stuff was $4.92.9 & premium was 5.12.9.  :o

Cooter

We are Gasoline "Crackheads" that are constantly in search of our next fix. We just have a Dealer that keeps supping the price on us every two weeks.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

I just filled up, $4.00 for premium, and that was not too bad.  I need to fill up again by the weekend so I'm hoping the drop continous.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Around $3.80 for regular around here, although you could find it cheaper at about $3.60 if you look hard enough.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PocketThunder

Yep, its the big bad oil companies fault...  ::)

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm

'The single largest entity impacting the world's oil supplies is the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), a consortium of 13 countries: Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
Together, these 13 nations are responsible for 40 percent of the world's oil production and hold the majority of the world's oil reserves, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA). [source: EIA]. When OPEC wants to raise the price of crude oil, it simply reduces production. This causes gasoline prices to jump because of the short supply, but also because of the possibility of future reductions. When oil production dips, gas companies get nervous. The mere threat of oil reductions can raise gas prices."
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

oldcarnut

I'm just happy I don't have to fill up with printer ink as often I do gas. Now there's a racket.

1970Moparmann

87 is $4.05 as of yesterday.   :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 02, 2012, 10:29:27 AM
87 is $4.05 as of yesterday.   :RantExplode:

Man,,, that does suck !!!!!

I have a friend in Holland paying nearly $9.00 a gallon !!!  He can't even afford to move out of the garage...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ponch ®

anywhere from $4.20-ish for 91 octane at the cheapest stations (it's more of a location thing than brand) to $4.50 at the more expensive ones (ie. when they're right next to a freeway off ramp). Subtract 10 cents /per gallon for mid grade (89) and 20 cents for 87 and you get the idea.

I'd give my left nut to be paying under $4,so you guys quit yer bitching.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 02, 2012, 12:02:39 PM
anywhere from $4.20-ish for 91 octane at the cheapest stations (it's more of a location thing than brand) to $4.50 at the more expensive ones (ie. when they're right next to a freeway off ramp). Subtract 10 cents /per gallon for mid grade (89) and 20 cents for 87 and you get the idea.

Well,, you're the one choosing to live in tax-ville-USA......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 02, 2012, 12:34:16 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 02, 2012, 12:02:39 PM

Well,, you're the one choosing to live in tax-ville-USA......  :icon_smile_big:

And he gets to enjoy cleaner air since 1996!   :icon_smile_big:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price2.htm

"In California, the state government has set its own reformulated gasoline rules that are stricter than the federally mandated clean-gas laws. The state adopted requirements for cleaner-burning fuel in 1996 [source: ARB]. This is why Californians pay a higher price for cleaner fuels -- this, plus a local sales-and-use tax, the federal excise tax and a state excise tax. California's distance from the refineries located near the Gulf of Mexico can also add to the cost of gasoline if it chooses to obtain gas supplies from those refineries."
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

JB400

Ah heck, just fill up and kiss it goodbye.  I did Sunday.  Cashier agreed with me. :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 02, 2012, 12:38:06 PM

And he gets to enjoy cleaner air since 1996!   :icon_smile_big:

Well, I don't think I've suffered too bad here in Houston, let alone other wide-open areas of Texas......
Troy

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

A383Wing

$4.17 for regular here today

Bryan

Mike DC

Quote'The single largest entity impacting the world's oil supplies is the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), a consortium of 13 countries: Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
Together, these 13 nations are responsible for 40 percent of the world's oil production and hold the majority of the world's oil reserves, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA). [source: EIA]. When OPEC wants to raise the price of crude oil, it simply reduces production. This causes gasoline prices to jump because of the short supply, but also because of the possibility of future reductions. When oil production dips, gas companies get nervous. The mere threat of oil reductions can raise gas prices."

OPEC is only trying to keep prices stable in the long term.  They make the most money when they sell as much oil as possible.  They set their prices just high enough to make it economical for them to pump as much oil as possible. 

If present prices fall too low --> some of the more difficult fields become uneconomic to pump --> long term supply reductions get set in motion --> long term price increases follow. 

Fred

Quote from: oldcarnut on October 02, 2012, 10:04:23 AM
I'm just happy I don't have to fill up with printer ink as often I do gas. Now there's a racket.

You can say that again.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 12:51:45 PM
Ah heck, just fill up and kiss it goodbye.  I did Sunday.  Cashier agreed with me. :2thumbs:

I did Sunday, Tuesday and today (Wed)   :drive: :drive: and again tomorrow. The weather's too good to pass up. :nixon:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2012, 02:28:17 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 12:51:45 PM
Ah heck, just fill up and kiss it goodbye.  I did Sunday.  Cashier agreed with me. :2thumbs:

I did Sunday, Tuesday and today (Wed)   :drive: :drive: and again tomorrow. The weather's too good to pass up. :nixon:
That's alright.  We're just chillin in the U.S.