News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

FJ5WING

Hey Mike...you have any spoilers you can ship out in the next week or so?  :D
wingless now, but still around.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

maxwellwedge

DAY CLONA

DAY CLONA

Quote from: remta1 on May 10, 2013, 02:36:29 AM
diggin the bigger front spoiler  :2thumbs:

Hmmmmm....It's not a "bigger" spoiler,  same factory size, just at the correct angle, the original spoilers were only .040 thick aluminum, so they got bent up pretty bad, if they survived at all on the street, some of the repros on the market vary to much in angle when installed, too forward a rake makes them appear smaller, that was the "excersise" in pics just posted for comparison

hotrod98

I love the spoiler that Mike made for my bird. Fit perfectly and everything lined right up.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 10, 2013, 07:36:31 AM
WOW, talk about a hi-jacked thread!

Wow, I'm gone for a while and now 3 people are off my Christmas card list.... WTF! :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

billssuperbird

62max i got the set you told me about on ebay. for my 500 wheels. i  call him and made him a offer 100.00 he said no. them he put them on line buy now for 100.00+9.95 shipping and i got them  :woohoo: when i get them and put them on i will take a picture and put it on hear to see what every one thinks. :popcrn:   

moparstuart

Quote from: billssuperbird on May 14, 2013, 07:41:48 PM
62max i got the set you told me about on ebay. for my 500 wheels. i  call him and made him a offer 100.00 he said no. them he put them on line buy now for 100.00+9.95 shipping and i got them  :woohoo: when i get them and put them on i will take a picture and put it on hear to see what every one thinks. :popcrn:  
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I really like them to  , used a couple cragar ones on my rat rod , radiator cap and spin off gas lid for my moon tank
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Anyone know the part number for a radio a Superbird is supposed to have?

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 15, 2013, 09:50:54 PM
Anyone know the part number for a radio a Superbird is supposed to have?
is yours just an am ?  , if so should look like this one

moparstuart

or this one minus the broken face   :icon_smile_big:

JB400

I have one of those that came out of a 70 Satellite 4 dr. if you need it :popcrn:

1970Moparmann

Guys, thanks for the reply. 

How many radios were offered on a Bird?   I'm assuming mine was a AM, but the previous owner had, wait for it.........  BEST BUY install a stereo in the car.  I would have loved to see a Bird show up at Best Buy wanting a radio install......

WINGIN IT

I've seen AM /FMs but they are rare on 70s and pricey.

Guess you could order an AM 8-track, never seen a console mounted cassette on a bird, not sure if that option was available yet.

62 Max

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 16, 2013, 10:52:38 AM

Guess you could order an AM 8-track, never seen a console mounted cassette on a bird, not sure if that option was available yet.

Fortunately my bird came with one ! ;D

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 16, 2013, 10:52:38 AM

he would know right off if it was an am/8 track car as it would be a three speaker dash with two raised speaker grills on top of it

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 16, 2013, 10:30:22 AM
Guys, thanks for the reply. 

How many radios were offered on a Bird?   I'm assuming mine was a AM, but the previous owner had, wait for it.........  BEST BUY install a stereo in the car.  I would have loved to see a Bird show up at Best Buy wanting a radio install......

you mean like this   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

1970Moparmann

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 16, 2013, 02:11:34 PM
Is this what you mean.

thats the defrost vent  

a AM/ 8track 3 speaker dash grille will look like this

moparstuart

someday i'm going to get around to converting my dash too a three speaker dash
I have all the stuff to do it just havent gotten to it yet    :icon_smile_big:

and the Am/ 8 track would be a thumb wheel design still in 70 instead of the new style for 70  round knobs on the standard am or am /fm radios

here is my thread on it  with pictures of all the stuff it takes

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60797.0.html

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on May 16, 2013, 02:29:04 PM
someday i'm going to get around to converting my dash too a three speaker dash
I have all the stuff to do it just havent gotten to it yet    :icon_smile_big:

and the Am/ 8 track would be a thumb wheel design still in 70 instead of the new style for 70  round knobs on the standard am or am /fm radios

here is my thread on it  with pictures of all the stuff it takes

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60797.0.html

As always, thanks.