News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

7.3 turbo diesel in a 68, Crazy or not? Just a thought........

Started by skip68, February 10, 2006, 03:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I've often thought about putting a turbo diesel in a charger.  Maybe I'm nuts, but it would get killer MPG and tons of torque. :P Don't kill me, it has just been a thought..................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

472 R/T SE

I'll have whatever you're having... :apimp:

Your ride, do whatever makes you happy.  Was this a poll, were do I vote for "crazy"?   :icon_smile_big:

694spdRT

Those are a little on the heavy side aren't they. I would rather put a Cummins in there sideways first.  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

Not really serious, just a crazy thought.  I would never do that to my car but I thought about doing it to a rust bucket or Hlpag car...P.S. if we determin that I am crazy, :image_294343:  don't tell anyone. :nono: :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

andy74

step away from the bong,and put the wrenches down!

dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skip68

Ghoste

Let him keep the bong Andy, just put down the wrenches. :icon_smile_big:

Where did I put those chocolate bars?

MyMopar

The nut house called, said they were missing a crazy, I told them he was here on the Charger Board

andy74

Quote from: skip68 on February 10, 2006, 03:59:42 PM
Help me Andy! I'm going down man :brickwall:
i get some bad ideas when i drink to much beer,just dont act on it and we will never tell!

haueter66

Now what would be cool is dropping one in an old powerwagon!

skip68

Thank's for keeping this hush hush, BTY, I love that blue on your car :2thumbs:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: skip68 on February 10, 2006, 03:13:44 PM
I've often thought about putting a turbo diesel in a charger.  Maybe I'm nuts, but it would get killer MPG and tons of torque. :P Don't kill me, it has just been a thought..................
Hey don't laugh,I've heard  that somebody has a diesel dragster that does 190 mph.As far as a Cummins in a B-body,send me pictures when you get it done.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Mopar2Ya

I'm not sure about the diesel idea, maybe a twin turbo cummins ho. How about a hybrid Charger for those that like muscle but want to hug trees? My idea of a hybrid: an iron Hemi backed by an aluminum Hemi????:drive:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

bull

Todd Wilson

Quote from: haueter66 on February 10, 2006, 05:34:06 PM
Now what would be cool is dropping one in an old powerwagon!

It would never fit. And its a 7.3 powerstroker at that.

Todd

dkn1997

Sure, it's nuts, but who cares?  Do it if you want.  Just don't cut it up
RECHRGED

Ghoste

skip68

No way guy's,  I've just found the perfect place for it :icon_smile_big: :smilielol: Charger Punk and I need to work together....Take his Charger station wagon, put my 7.3 turbo diesel in it and then go to the track and take down all who dare to take on the---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHARGEWAGON TURBO------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ :slap:    Chuck.

Ghoste

See Andy, it's not the bong.  These guys have found some of the brown stuff from Woodstock.
Seriously though, it would make for an interesting hot rod project.  It'd be a boring hobby if all we did was try to over-restore cars to original or chnage them into GL's.

andy74

Quote from: skip68 on February 10, 2006, 05:37:48 PM
Thank's for keeping this hush hush, BTY, I love that blue on your car :2thumbs:
thanks skip, and if you have any crazy ideas-how about a neon srt4 power plant in a dart body?that would be neat,oops,i spilled my beer again

skip68

:icon_smile_blackeye: No more crazy ideas today, if I think of another I'll let you know :moon: :wave:

is_it_EVER_done?

I really hate to say it, but I LIKE it! It's hard to devise a unique idea nowdays, but I think it's safe to say you have done it.  :yesnod:

Arthu®

I dunno about a B-body but the new 4.0 twin turbo diesel V8 by Audi should fit very nicely in an A-body. Maybe you could even make it a quattro that would be nice.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986