News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

thats fast posting,stu..   I was going past welbys tues bout 5 pm an saw a pretty red Daytona outside. did a multi block loop back too shop. talked too all 4 show guys an afew others and help roll the daytona up an in the front show ,office area.  wow the car is looking good and awsum to see it out in the sun and shining,just washed an gleaming in the sun. :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:

saw Danes blue daytona saturday june 1st and Toms red daytona on the 4th ,,going too bee almost impossible too top this week.. will try too somehow.  still had Danes post card size show card in my car an showed it too mark an guys,Royal is only one to see danes tona in person morning of show.   :coolgleamA: :drool5: :cheers:   latter dj :2thumbs:

Budnicks

r4daytona... the Daytona is looking really nice
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

r4daytona

Shows how I'm out of the loop !!  I just saw that pic.  Thanks for posting Stu, I didn't even know it was on Facebook as I rarely use that.  Funny observation about the Roadrunner  :lol:  I had my first thoughts of "Holy shit" because or fear of scratching it or swirl marks from cleaning it.  Biggest fear is all the deer by me. I live 600' from Lake Erie in a somewhat secluded area surrounded by woods.  I already had one deer just run right into the side of my car and had another one sort of jump over the trunk of my car, and this was NOT during deer season.

Seriously, they do a great job.  As I've stated before, it's not going to be like Gene's.... I don't have the patience, the interest or the budget to accomplish what he did with a car as rough as mine was.  But i can tell you this, Mark and his guys have gone above and beyond.

I'm planning on being there for about a month this summer (still working out time frame) but when I am I would like to get together with anyone interested.  I'll supply the Hot Dogs but you'll have to bring your own rolls... hey I'm doing a Daytona, I'm on a budget!! :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on June 06, 2013, 08:26:01 AM
Shows how I'm out of the loop !!  I just saw that pic.  Thanks for posting Stu, I didn't even know it was on Facebook as I rarely use that.  Funny observation about the Roadrunner  :lol:  I had my first thoughts of "Holy shit" because or fear of scratching it or swirl marks from cleaning it.  Biggest fear is all the deer by me. I live 600' from Lake Erie in a somewhat secluded area surrounded by woods.  I already had one deer just run right into the side of my car and had another one sort of jump over the trunk of my car, and this was NOT during deer season.

Seriously, they do a great job.  As I've stated before, it's not going to be like Gene's.... I don't have the patience, the interest or the budget to accomplish what he did with a car as rough as mine was.  But i can tell you this, Mark and his guys have gone above and beyond.

I'm planning on being there for about a month this summer (still working out time frame) but when I am I would like to get together with anyone interested.  I'll supply the Hot Dogs but you'll have to bring your own rolls... hey I'm doing a Daytona, I'm on a budget!! :smilielol:
I'll expect my plane ticket in the mail with the monthly check as usual    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

r4daytona

Do you need a tickets to ride an ultra light?  I'm getting tired of writing those checks since they're less than the postage. Probably time for a raise huh? :smilielol:

WINGIN IT

Car looks great Tom  :2thumbs:
The color combo is definitely going to be killer, and I'm not traditionally a big fan of red.
But the white wing/interior is the perfect contrast for the color.
When's the ETFT ( estimated time for take off   :D  ) ?

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on June 06, 2013, 09:00:18 AM
Do you need a tickets to ride an ultra light?  I'm getting tired of writing those checks since they're less than the postage. Probably time for a raise huh? :smilielol:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      :2thumbs:

r4daytona

Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 06, 2013, 09:13:15 AM
Car looks great Tom  :2thumbs:
The color combo is definitely going to be killer, and I'm not traditionally a big fan of red.
But the white wing/interior is the perfect contrast for the color.
When's the ETFT ( estimated time for take off   :D  ) ?
Still not sure, they are assembling a cuda I believe, then mine.  I'm hoping for the Nats but not sure.  Maybe if I get there right after my school lets out I can assist in getting it done but with allowing for shipping back to my house, it would have to be done by the third week in july.

My friend is building the motor.  He knows his crap about motors and trannys.  440 Source gave me a bit of a discount for their Alum Stealth heads.  That along with a few other things he's doing should give me around 450-500 hp.  Decent for the street I'd say.  My friends 440 is dynoed at 685 hp 700 ft lbs torque on pump gas.

Retro Radio did a conversion of my original and it turned out awesome. All set up for Ipod, mp3 and all that other electronic crap I don't know how to use.  The chrome front had a just a couple very small pits, he said he didn't like it so he gave me a perfect one!  Great people. 

Yes, for all the complainers, I'm giving a couple plugs.
http://www.retroradio.biz/    http://www.440source.com/

billssuperbird

WINGIN IT

Great, hoping mine will be done within the same time frame.
You'll have to let me now how the radio works out, I've always wanted to do that.

Motor sounds killer, is it the original?

r4daytona

Unfortunately it's not the original motor.  It is though out of a 69 charger RT with a date stamp that matches my car.  I know there's plenty of people that will debate the date being too close but when I talked to Galen he said I shouuld find a date as close to my build date as possible so thats what I did.  The motor was actually newly built when I bought it but my friend is changing things so I have a new cam/lifters and timing chain and gear that I want to sell pretty cheap.  He's putting in a bigger cam and I just don't want to see that stuff go to waste or get rusty.  How's yours coming out.  If you have pics feel free to send them to hwtap@yahoo.com

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on June 07, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
Unfortunately it's not the original motor.  It is though out of a 69 charger RT with a date stamp that matches my car.  I know there's plenty of people that will debate the date being too close but when I talked to Galen he said I shouuld find a date as close to my build date as possible so thats what I did.  The motor was actually newly built when I bought it but my friend is changing things so I have a new cam/lifters and timing chain and gear that I want to sell pretty cheap.  He's putting in a bigger cam and I just don't want to see that stuff go to waste or get rusty.  How's yours coming out.  If you have pics feel free to send them to hwtap@yahoo.com

Drive the heck out of it !!!!!   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 07, 2013, 07:04:51 AM
Quote from: r4daytona on June 07, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
Unfortunately it's not the original motor.  It is though out of a 69 charger RT with a date stamp that matches my car.  I know there's plenty of people that will debate the date being too close but when I talked to Galen he said I shouuld find a date as close to my build date as possible so thats what I did.  The motor was actually newly built when I bought it but my friend is changing things so I have a new cam/lifters and timing chain and gear that I want to sell pretty cheap.  He's putting in a bigger cam and I just don't want to see that stuff go to waste or get rusty.  How's yours coming out.  If you have pics feel free to send them to hwtap@yahoo.com

Drive the heck out of it !!!!!   :icon_smile_big:

Yeah I'm with Troy, now you can drive the heck out of it and not worry.
And a stouter cam is right up my alley  :2thumbs:

Mine was going to the trim shop last week getting seats and headliner put in.
No recent pics , but I did get a mysterious e-mail that said , " The sound of a 440 block"  and a video attachment.
Lo and behold it was a video of my car starting up since before the resto.  
Sounded pretty good.  :yesnod:
But I'm sure yours will sound better  :icon_smile_big:

djcarguy

just saw toms tona again an made a pattern of wing mount holes an got afew measurements.

wow it is looking great,love the red and drooling and anttsy to see the stripe an wing back on it.. well hoping too see it complete and moving under its own power,,,,,sooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnn..

they are busy at welbys filming,daytona is the only car in show room right by front windows an i have driven by many times in last two weeks too see it an drooll. :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:dj

moparstuart

mark stopped in , and post on the other thread in the car guys section

GYC Undertaker

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Graveyard Carz
« Reply #758 on: June 18, 2013, 08:34:09 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on in a couple months.  In full swing of making Season III which, of course you will see some revisions thanks to some input provided by some members here.   I'd like to verify what Tom (R4Daytona) has said.  The production of this show done out of my own pocket, with no Production or Technical help from the network.  The help I get is from the viewers and people like yourselves so I takes a little time to see changes.  Filming is done MONTHS before the show airs.  Unfortunately, there are some, that for whatever reason, no matter what I do, will not like the show.  They will hate it just for the sake of hating it. There are just some people like that.  Just comes with the turf so to speak.  This show has, and does, appeal to a much larger demographic than just us car guys (and girls). We are always trying to improve though.

I do run a traditional shop while building this show.  That extra bit of business helps with the bills.  I'm sure plenty of you have shops or have worked at one so you can understand what I mean.  I'm not rich, I'm just a guy who loves Mopars who thought of giving this a try ..... and I had to learn everything myself!  From knowing what kind of cameras to buy, to how to film, edit and produce it in the format acceptable to the network.  The format that must be followed looks something like and video/ electronics physic's manual.  I know, odd description, but it's very intimidating to read and understand.

As I posted on my Facebook page we do have Bill Goldbergs GTX convertible here.  Very cool car and very cool guy!  We also have the jump car from the Dukes of Hazzard movie and talk about a contrast, a 68 slant six to a 70 hemi charger!  The AAR turned out great and I hope Chris enjoys the final assembly. He wanted to do that. The Black 71 is gone and burning up the road I hope and the Daytona is looking awesome!

You know that phrase "you gotta walk before you can run"?  I guess you can say I feel like we've been walking but are starting to step it up a bit. Season III we will hopefully be running!
Mark

ACUDANUT

Dang Stu, you are a brown noser. We saw this already. Okay, admit it, your either in love with 'ole Buzzard Beak or you own stock in GYC. :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

moparstuart

My pay checks come every week like clockwork 

ACUDANUT

Stu, what happened to the Bird ?

moparstuart

WINGIN IT

r4daytona

Sorry for the redundancy but here's what I posted in the car guys.  I love cut and paste!!!

Well, I am heading to Marks next Tuesday for 5 weeks!!   A bit torn though ... never missed a 4th of July at the beach with my daughters and being that they are 19 and 22 there may not be any more.  I've never missed a B-day with my dad and he will be turning 81 while I'm gone.  But then again, I'll never have something like this happen again.   I don't want to be overbearing, but I'll see if the local Oregon guys can have some kind of get together.  Dane, I want to see your car.  I will try to post a bunch of pictures while there as long as they have a program to make them smaller.  I finally figured out how to do it with MS Paint.

Nwcharger

I would bring my clone down but I haven't done anything to it this year so its just as rough as it was last year. I'm driving to Detroit at the end of this month to finally pick up my wrecked Daytona from new foundland. I planning on being back on the 4th of July. Maybe ill bring it down so you and mark can see what I'm wanting to bring back from the dead.  Wing cars rule!! :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Daytona Guy

Quote from: r4daytona on June 20, 2013, 09:26:34 PM
Sorry for the redundancy but here's what I posted in the car guys.  I love cut and paste!!!

Well, I am heading to Marks next Tuesday for 5 weeks!!   A bit torn though ... never missed a 4th of July at the beach with my daughters and being that they are 19 and 22 there may not be any more.  I've never missed a B-day with my dad and he will be turning 81 while I'm gone.  But then again, I'll never have something like this happen again.   I don't want to be overbearing, but I'll see if the local Oregon guys can have some kind of get together.  Dane, I want to see your car.  I will try to post a bunch of pictures while there as long as they have a program to make them smaller.  I finally figured out how to do it with MS Paint.

Salem is in the middle between Portland and Eugene. Give some dates. You could hit some shows that I may be going to. give the actual dates that you are here. You might be here over Mopar Nationals.

Dane

moparstuart

Quote from: Nwcharger on June 20, 2013, 09:56:49 PM
I would bring my clone down but I haven't done anything to it this year so its just as rough as it was last year. I'm driving to Detroit at the end of this month to finally pick up my wrecked Daytona from new foundland. I planning on being back on the 4th of July. Maybe ill bring it down so you and mark can see what I'm wanting to bring back from the dead.  Wing cars rule!! :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: