News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 09, 2013, 10:49:34 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 09, 2013, 06:22:49 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 09, 2013, 02:52:13 PM
http://vimeo.com/51408414#

What the fu#% was that ? :shruggy:

I found absolutely no humor in that. Zero. :down:

Yeah,

I kept hoping that dude would fall off his chair...

or fart...

or something....

But...

Nuthin'  :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

The only humor he produces is that he thinks he is so dang funny all the time and he just isn't. And its sort of a point and laugh kind of funny. Not the type of funny most people strive for.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargd72

I'm convinced that Mark is the real life version of Michael Scott.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Homerr

Quote from: chargd72 on May 10, 2013, 08:33:40 AM
I'm convinced that Mark is the real life version of Michael Scott.

Now that is funny!

ACUDANUT

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ACUDANUT

Guess who ?

projectanimal

I find mark funny, I know it's all a joke!  ;D

On another note, I saw on Facebook that GYC has one of the crashed General Lees from the 05 movie to be restored!  Should be interesting to see that redone and all the DOH jokes!!!
:cheers:
northwest CT

C_stripes

Speaking before thinking... Not a good thing...
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Budnicks

Quote from: C_stripes on May 11, 2013, 05:32:46 PM
I just feel bad for all these people that keep sending their cars there so that they will be built on TV. So far they have done two seasons and completed how many cars???? Yet Mark keeps bringing them in. Mark is an okay guy, but he is putting to much on his plate at the same time and a lot of these cars will never be finished on the show. Mark spoke with me about doing some work on the show and I helped him with a lot of history on the sunroof challenger, including getting him the original doors off of the car. Then he just for what ever reason quit corresponding with me. If that's how it works with people that help him out, I wonder how things work with the customers once he has their money... The black cuda that was supposed to be done in two weeks on their season finally, is still not done. They do pretty good work, for the most part. However they showed how well the prep work was done on Darrins engine compartment  :o Mark REALLY needs to quit being such a dink and build the damn cars so he can get them back to the customers.

I don't care one way or the other on the "comedy", but the show has great potential IF he would just work on the cars. The information spots of the show are great, when he does it rite (lower control arms :brickwall:). I have a hard time with all the fake comedy and drama. I understand having sponsor plugs, but they don't need to be so extreme. Show the item, give the website, and be done with it. Mark says he listens to these comments, and reads what we want to see. But things hadn't changed. I will give season three a view when it comes out, but I have my doubts.

Mark did tell me when I was down there that the show is a character show, it's not about the cars. Well if your target audiance is car guys, specifically Mopars. The show better be about the cars...

No disrespect intended. Just voicing my thoughts...
well said  :2thumbs: , I don't know Mark, I don't know his business practices or the real time line on these cars, but I think "most" car enthusiasts watching the show & hoping it will get better, are pretty much thinking the same thing... But some won't, the people that have a stake in the game or the buddy types, the rest of us would just like to see a "good MoPar enthusiast restoration show", with little drama & more information, even parts supplies information plugs, instead of all the made up scripted BS or non car related self promotional plugs, Mark seams so set on having to show...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: projectanimal on May 11, 2013, 05:12:51 PM
I find mark funny, I know it's all a joke!  ;D

On another note, I saw on Facebook that GYC has one of the crashed General Lees from the 05 movie to be restored!  Should be interesting to see that redone and all the DOH jokes!!!
GYC is a perfect show to do a DOH car
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Budnicks on May 11, 2013, 06:42:08 PM
Quote from: projectanimal on May 11, 2013, 05:12:51 PM
I find mark funny, I know it's all a joke!  ;D

On another note, I saw on Facebook that GYC has one of the crashed General Lees from the 05 movie to be restored!  Should be interesting to see that redone and all the DOH jokes!!!
GYC is a perfect show to do a DOH car

You mean they'll be farming it out to Maaco for a movie-car slap together job?  :icon_smile_big:

But seriously, look at the line of cars they currently have to complete; do you honestly think the show will last that long?

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 12, 2013, 05:57:11 AM

You mean they'll be farming it out to Maaco for a movie-car slap together job?  :icon_smile_big:

But seriously, look at the line of cars they currently have to complete; do you honestly think the show will last that long?

15 Min. of fame? And to think, the GL lasted 30 plus years.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Homerr

It would be cool to see a car completed at least every other episode.

Mytur Binsdirti

It would be cool to see a car completed, period.

C_stripes

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: C_stripes on May 12, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

I see things getting really bad for him in the future...

OCC is a good example of what the TV show & fame did to those guys.

ramit

So does everybody that's bitching about the show actually think that they don't finish any other cars other than the ones you see on the show?   I think what people are seeing is what is being done on the weekends at the shop.  I believe they have a full crew that works m-f and they film on the weekends...I could be wrong but that's the impression I have gotten.   It doesn't matter though because you will all find something to bitch about anyways.   No TV show is perfect...at least there are some cool Mopars in this show.   Believe it or not some people don't want to see and hour of nothing but working on cars.   The only people that will watch that is the hardcore gearheads.   Ok....you can all rant on about how you can't stand the show now.  :)

ACUDANUT

C_stripes

I have actually been to the shop. They are a modern day, collision repair shop. The mopars they build are on film and don't get worked on as frequent as they should. Still, people are sending their cars out with the expectation that it will be on the show.

Thats how I see it anyway...

r4daytona

Ok, yes I'm biased so Plenty of people will disregard what i say.  However, when i meet some of you which I do hope to do, you'll find out I'm pretty decent.  And if there"s any good looking single women reading this, I'm pretty available too.  lol 
Anyway, yes alot of the filming goes on over the weekends and yes C Stripes Mark does need help getting the cars done. I know he's been super busy because they are doing the filming for Season III so thats probably why he hasn't gotten back to you. Sorry about that.

He does have two full time guys (Derrick and Lucky) GREAT guys, very knowledgeable that work full time. They'll work on collison jobs that come in and do bodywork on the mopars.  Josh is there full time ,he does alot of the running around and some of the smaller work on the cars since he is learning.

I guess I'd say (to use a cliche) he's caught between a rock and a hard place. Hasn't made enough money from the show yet to hire more guys to get the cars done, but has several cars to do.  I know I said it in an earlier response, Mark doesn't get any financial or technical help from anyone.  This is all out of his own pocket and he and his guys had to learn how to produce it.  It's not like other shows that the networks throw gobs of money at and help develop.  Thats why he looks for input and listens to the good and bad. 

Some need to remember that when you watch it for the first time, the filming was done MONTHS prior to that.  So when some people say "I hope next week shows more cars", it's not like Mark can read that and make any changes.  Season III is being filmed and i know he's read all the good and bad and when iwas there he and I talked about a bunch of stuff that could be improvements,  many of which he had already thought of.

I'm confident next season will be even better.  Hey, you'll get to see me inside my trunk and my broken front toofums!

moparstuart

AND THIS    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   GRAVETONA
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: r4daytona on May 21, 2013, 10:47:48 AM

I'm confident next season will be even better. 

Would you be willing to put money on it?  ;)

BTW, the car looks beautiful.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 21, 2013, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on May 21, 2013, 10:47:48 AM

I'm confident next season will be even better. 

Would you be willing to put money on it?  ;)

BTW, the car looks beautiful.  :2thumbs:

I agree. The car is beautiful.  I'm certainly not betting any money on next season.

moparstuart

this season was fantastic  , i dont think it can get any better .   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE