News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I make it NOT so HOT when I drive the Charger???

Started by DarkAngel0816, July 29, 2005, 10:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The firewall is gone?  That's kind of a major structural piece to have missing and still drive the car isn't it?

DarkAngel0816

LMAO It is there.   I do not want to drive with the engine in my lap.   IF I ever drove a car without the firewall then I need to be smack upside the head and committed.     I meant to say they said there could be holes in it or whatnot that could make more heat come into the car...BUT There is none.   I just tore up some of the carpeting and all for I also was told that it could be heat from the exhaust system and maybe I have holes in the floor boards, but they are fine.   And anyways the hot air is onlys coming in from the vents and ONLY when I am driving.   When it sits and runs no hot air.

I honestly think I am going to have someone come and look at it again.

Ugh I need to stay away from caffeine and get some sleep. Sorry about that...I am listening to the TV and typing at the same time.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Ghoste

Okay, I understand that better.  It's one of the seriously limiting factors of this form of communication isn't it?  It's much harder to type clearly for people than to explain in person.

DarkAngel0816

LOL!  Exactally.  Much easier when you have the car in front of someone who can see it too...instead of a dope like me who is new at this all trying to explain what is going on.

Brightyellow69rtse

i was gonna start a thread on the same topic. i sweat my ass off driving my car and no the blower motors not on. i have oipened up the vents also and it lets in air but its far from cool air. i know the headers cant help but its friggin hot in there. any ideas???................Mike

firefighter3931

Quote from: BRIGHTYELLOW69RTSE on August 07, 2005, 09:09:41 PM
i was gonna start a thread on the same topic. i sweat my ass off driving my car and no the blower motors not on. i have oipened up the vents also and it lets in air but its far from cool air. i know the headers cant help but its friggin hot in there. any ideas???................Mike

Insulation between the floorpans and carpet usually helps reduce interior heat levels. Most people remove the insulation when installing new carpeting....at least most of the cars i've seen have had it removed. I have the jute padding from year one and will be installing it in my car when the interior goes back in for this very reason.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

DarkAngel0816

I was actually looking at that last night in the yearone mag and I think I am going to invest in some of that.  And see how my car is once I get a bigger radiator into it.

Ghoste

You probably already mentioned this somewhere, but, do you have a working temp guage in your car?

MYTMOPR

2 words to solve the problem,  Cowl Induction  ;D

I've got the same problem which works great in the winter, but sucks in the summer. My charger is completely gutted of all a/c and heater componants and still gets some hot air blowing in. I've traced it to the void between firewall and fender that channels the air through the door and into the cab.

DarkAngel0816

Nope...no working gauges which is going to be changed real soon.

That is one of the top things along with the oil pan (the oil needs changing badly) and the radiator that is weeney for the car.  smasherofall has mentioned coming up here to help me pull the dash out to take a peek on if the wiring was even rehooked up.  My speedometer is not even working-I use my Mom as my speedometer right now.  I really am holding off much more driving though until those three things are done.  Wiring...radiator...oil pan with an oil change.

CHARGIN68

My heater is sitting on a shelf in my garage. It never blows hot air on me. The controls were very touchy before I removed it to replace the damaged heater core.  Check the controls. 

DarkAngel0816

There is not a heater working in the car.  I am working on getting a new radiator.

roger01

anybody have any update on this topic .....i just went for my first long drive and i burnt up some gas and a whole lot of calories......dam its hot in there ......not very enjoyable at all.... the faster you go the more hot air blows in from under the passenger dash ....all the vents are closed that i can see....im gonna put that rubber on the back of the hood as soon as i have some time ...,hope it helps .