News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 days with a brand new challenger

Started by 1BAD68, November 14, 2013, 11:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: myk on November 15, 2013, 12:37:21 AM
Yup-for a modest fee I could've upgraded my rental with Avis in 'Vegas to a new 5.0, Z28 or R/T.  I REFUSED because I knew if I so much as sat in one of those things I'd be obsessed with buying one of them...

Good to know..Ill be there on the day after Christmas with the wife for our 20th...I might have to upgrade the Hyundai!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 14, 2013, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: 6spd68 on November 14, 2013, 04:53:18 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 14, 2013, 02:07:00 PM
I bought my R/T 3 1/2 years ago & it is a great riding car with decent power and gas melieage. However, if they made it in 7/8 scale and shaved off a quarter ton, it would be an even better car.

That's why I personally like the new 5.0 Mustang better.  It feels just as you describe; that little bit smaller, and lighter.

And that's why I bought this thing 2 weeks ago.        :icon_smile_big:        444 hp in a 3,600 lb car is a lot of fun.    :yesnod:

Sweet. I've been kicking around the idea of a Grabber Blue GT500 for awhile now.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

remta1

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

hatersaurusrex

I'm gonna go ahead and break this up now.

Chevy is for mullet-heads.
Ferd is for mullet-heads with grimey fingernails.

Don't forget where you came from, boys.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

odcics2

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on November 16, 2013, 03:46:36 AM

Obviously, confused individuals....    Perhaps another website is where you guys belong?    

Just askin'...        

You can sell us your MOPARS on the way out!   We'll give them good homes!      :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

[/quote :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69 OUR/TEA

But yet a whole bunch of Mopar guys slam the new 4 door chargers and guys who buy them ?????

myk

Brand loyalty doesn't guarantee you the best pony car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

69 OUR/TEA

I bought a new Chally R/T in 09,6speed.Nice car,fun,sold it after 7 months with 1,700 miles on it.Could'nt drive it to work,found myself not driving it enough,so didn't want a car sitting around depreciating,so off it went.Plus,my kids didn't like the back seat as they couldn't see anything out of it,and my wife couldn't drive it as she doesn't know how/or care to learn to drive a stick.
What suited us better was a four door sedan,easy for people to get in/out of the back seat,ntm,large enough for adults to not be cramped.So as I've said before,I like the Charger better for my situation.
Put the Charger name aside,I like the styling of it,power,handling,options,safety,etc.I think whatever they ended up calling it,I would have liked it the same and still bought it.It' a RWD,4 door sedan,what did Ford and Chevy offer that is comparative?Not much,if anything.

1BAD68

and I thought the high school kids were all on Facebook

odcics2

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 16, 2013, 09:14:09 AM

But yet a whole bunch of Mopar guys slam the new 4 door chargers and guys who buy them ?????

I don't.  It's an awesome ride...   :2thumbs:

Chargerguy74

Quote from: odcics2 on November 16, 2013, 08:19:28 AM

Obviously, confused individuals....    Perhaps another website is where you guys belong?    

Just askin'...        

You can sell us your MOPARS on the way out!   We'll give them good homes!      :cheers:

Seems a little childish to me if that was a serious comment. We're not talking about the late 60s and early 70s here. And even if we were, who cares. I've owned 15 Chargers, I'm down to 9, never owned any non mopar muscle car. But I should go to another forum? Facts are facts, and the fact is that the new Challenger is out muscled by the Camaro and the Mustang.

BTW, I thought this was the Car Guys Discussion section of the forum?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 16, 2013, 09:56:59 AM
Put the Charger name aside,I like the styling of it,power,handling,options,safety,etc.I think whatever they ended up calling it,I would have liked it the same and still bought it.It' a RWD,4 door sedan,what did Ford and Chevy offer that is comparative?Not much,if anything.

If they'd restyle the grille to be more like a retro 68-70, plus toss in a 6 speed, I think they'd gain a whole lot of buyers.

Fred

Quote from: odcics2 on November 16, 2013, 11:54:46 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 16, 2013, 09:14:09 AM

I don't.  It's an awesome ride...   :2thumbs:

I'd be happy to have the option to buy one.  :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

6spd68

Quote from: myk on November 16, 2013, 09:30:28 AM

I don't get brand loyalty to be honest.  Why not just have an overall appreciation for nice machines?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

I do but I'm still brand loyal.  Like supporting your team I guess.

myk

Quote from: 6spd68 on November 18, 2013, 12:27:40 PM

I don't get brand loyalty to be honest.  Why not just have an overall appreciation for nice machines?

Exactly.  I would be just as impressed with the latest Nissan GT-R as I would be sitting behind the wheel of the latest SRT-8...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lord Warlock

Really depends on how much you want to spend, the RT is a very nice ride, i enjoy mine, drive it to and from work and to run errands.  kids may not like the limited view from the backseat, but they'll appreciate the room they have in comparison to a mustang.  Most kids aren't looking out the window anyway, they're looking at an ipod or a cell phone 98% of the time.  I just hooked up a dvd system for the backseat riders to watch on trips. 

About the only negative i find with the challenger is the limited view out the back window, I installed a back up camera to eliminate that problem.  An SRT8 is great if you don't mind the extra cost. 

I like mustangs, I've owned my share of them in the past, and considering getting a boss or shelby in the future when the challenger gets a little tired. But they tend to ride a lot stiffer than the challenger does, the challenger is a very comfortable car to drive. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

odcics2

Quote from: myk on November 18, 2013, 01:06:50 PM

Exactly.  I would be just as impressed with the latest Nissan GT-R as I would be sitting behind the wheel of the latest SRT-8...

Ok, so I'm narrow minded: MoPar or no car.    Period.     Never owned any other brands.    Never wanted to own any other brands. 

ALL other cars on the road, regardless of price, year or what they can do, are just blah to me...     :Twocents:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: odcics2 on November 18, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

Ok, so I'm narrow minded: MoPar or no car.    Period.     Never owned any other brands.    Never wanted to own any other brands. 

ALL other cars on the road, regardless of price, year or what they can do, are just blah to me...     :Twocents:

You and me both!!! Mopar or no car!! :cheers:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 15, 2013, 07:00:17 PM

Good to know..Ill be there on the day after Christmas with the wife for our 20th...I might have to upgrade the Hyundai!

You two too huh?  Right on, our 20 yr. is in June.  The fact she's stayed with me the past 10 years reaffirms that she's a keeper. 

I think the fact I'm paralyzed gave her the idea I wasn't going anywhere or be cheating on her so she packed on the el bees.  That's OK, I'm not going anywhere either.   ;)

myk

Quote from: odcics2 on November 18, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

You're not narrow-minded that's just your choice-it's all good... ;)

ws23rt

I admit to a strong brand loyalty.  It all started with my first car (a 57 Desoto).

My first new car was a 69 bee.  So my introduction was mopar and they made the 426 Hemi :2thumbs:

My interest at the beginning was in mechanical function and toughness.  (less into fit and finish)  I liked driving the cars more than being seen driving them.

Mopar made a keeper when they made the charger so I got stuck with the best of both and something that fit my pocket book.

When they made the 08 Challenger it was a fun time for me to relive the old days and buy a new Hemi car. 
Thanks for the memories Mopar.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 15, 2013, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: myk on November 15, 2013, 12:37:21 AM
Yup-for a modest fee I could've upgraded my rental with Avis in 'Vegas to a new 5.0, Z28 or R/T.  I REFUSED because I knew if I so much as sat in one of those things I'd be obsessed with buying one of them...

Don't splurge too much now.....