News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Install

Started by comet_666, July 18, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Have a few questions on the 69 interior install.

Rear window shark teeth things. I think I understand how they go in but could not get the black "T" things to turn and lock it in. Are these screwed in first?
The side shark teeth on the rear window having same issue with.

Plastic door vapor barrier. Can I just use any plastic? Is it glued on? Also what should it not cover up?

Rear upper door pad supports. There is a left and right, anyone have a pic of how they go in? Matching up screw holes only works when there aren't extras there   ;)

And last..what is this? pic attached

green69rt

Is the angle piece all covered in zinc, no polished surfaces?   I could't find anything in my parts that looked like that.   Did you take it off the car or did it arrive loose?  Other Mopars use different hardware to hang the upper door pads, maybe it is for another model of car?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: comet_666 on July 18, 2015, 08:54:07 AM
Have a few questions on the 69 interior install.

Rear window shark teeth things. I think I understand how they go in but could not get the black "T" things to turn and lock it in. Are these screwed in first?
The side shark teeth on the rear window having same issue with.

Plastic door vapor barrier. Can I just use any plastic? Is it glued on? Also what should it not cover up?

Rear upper door pad supports. There is a left and right, anyone have a pic of how they go in? Matching up screw holes only works when there aren't extras there   ;)

And last..what is this? pic attached

Holds the lower rear window trim. Inside, Rear parcel shelf slides under it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

comet_666

Sweet! Any ideas on what screws go in there?

Charger-Bodie

Same style as the ones that hold the upper door pad plates.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

comet_666

My next question was what screws hold those on lol.

BananaDan

For the vapor barrier, I took the advice of Bill440RT and used hardware store plastic sheeting. I can't remember the name of the tacky stuff I used to adhere the plastic sheet but I should have a box in my basement. I can check tonight.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

comet_666

Ok, and I saw in the manual how it installs. Does the back also get the plastic?

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

comet_666

Pulled this off GYC. Shows how this rear upper bracket is attached. Manual does not really get a good look at it.

comet_666

Now if I could zoom in and see the screws...guess ill use whatever fits.

keepat

They are 5/8" long #8 pan heads.
I hope this helps!
Pat

comet_666

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

comet_666

Ah ha!
Thanks BananaDan !

HeavyFuel

HeavyFuel

When you attach the plastic, be sure to tuck the bottom into the horizontal slot in the side panel, which will prevent water from shedding into your interior.

comet_666

Oh man thanks HeavyFuel! These pics really help!

HeavyFuel

Those clips that hold the 'shark teeth' strip are kinda weird.   You just open them up a little bit with a flat tip screwdriver or something after putting the strip in place.

I also found a better pic of the rear trim piece and how it works with the corner.

comet_666

Oh great pics! I messed around with that area and was slightly baffled.
Thanks a million!

comet_666

Pics were a huge help!  Thanks all!
Re mounted seats today to try and figure out where I want shifter.

comet_666

Also was getting a rough idea for my 3 point retractable XV seat belts.

comet_666

Short end of seat belt that mounts to the hump does not seem to make it around the buddy seat. Reached out to XV for guidance on that.

comet_666

I unboxed my interior door panels and noticed they need some work? Looks like I have to cut all the holes out for the door handles and clips?
For damn near $500 this should have been already done.

comet_666

Installed rear panels las night, what a freaking pain in the ass. They have to slide under the chrome trim so you cant put clips on the top. The Legendary door panels ...well lets just say when prepping them I was told to pull the little cardboard plugs all the way out till the white foam, then put the clips in. Well some clips will buldge out the doop panel so I guess you just deal with it. Also the upper pads, the screw hole facing the door jamb is slightly off and does not look correct. These are the origional pads but not the origional door jamb or quarter.