News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

indy heads

Started by 68chargerboy, July 21, 2006, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyf

I've dyno tested the standard port EZ heads vs. the Eddy heads.  I ran those tests on my 432 stroker motor (383 with 440 crank).  The standard port EZ heads were a disappointment.  They didn't make any more power peak power than the Eddy heads and the motor made less torque at lower speeds (probably due to the large intake runner).  We pulled the EZ heads off and had them CNC ported.  After being ported to the MW size the motor picked up a ton of power but the torque peak moved up about a 1000 rpm.  So the moral of the story to me is that you need to decide if you're going MW size or not and then go from there.  The big port stuff makes big power but you'll lose some bottom end torque.

The high port Chapman Stage VI heads are probably the best compromise since the have a super high flow small port design.  But they cost a fortune so I've never built a motor with them.  I would have loved to test them on my 432 against the ported EZ heads but I never had the chance.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 25, 2006, 09:10:52 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 25, 2006, 01:09:40 AM
well heads aside - just thought i would throw in some info...      i am possibly getting the Victor 440 EFI intake this week (not available to the public yet) and i just purchased an MSD throttle body today...   should be a nice start to my EFI dream

You do realize that the Victor won't clear the stock hood  ???

Ron

I'll deal with that when it gets here...      been looking for an excuse to get a fiberglass hood   :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

firefighter3931

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 25, 2006, 11:20:19 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 25, 2006, 09:10:52 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 25, 2006, 01:09:40 AM
well heads aside - just thought i would throw in some info...      i am possibly getting the Victor 440 EFI intake this week (not available to the public yet) and i just purchased an MSD throttle body today...   should be a nice start to my EFI dream

You do realize that the Victor won't clear the stock hood  ???

Ron

I'll deal with that when it gets here...      been looking for an excuse to get a fiberglass hood   :icon_smile_big:

Glass hood huh !   :devil:

Here's some links:

http://www.glasstek.com/

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

Firefighter. Thanks for the fiberglass info. I was looking for a hood to put a scoop on. I will never cut up a stock hood. I even put them in my favorites.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

firefighter3931

Quote from: deputycrawford on July 26, 2006, 11:25:36 PM
Firefighter. Thanks for the fiberglass info. I was looking for a hood to put a scoop on. I will never cut up a stock hood. I even put them in my favorites.

No problemo Dep....Glasteck is number 1 followed by VFN....both are excellent but glasteck gets the nod by a hair.  ;)

Both companies will install the scoop of your chosing for a small fee. The bolt on hoods are what you want, heavier duty with lotsa reiforcement.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

Cool. I will remember that. Come on over to the chat room.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

firefighter3931

Quote from: deputycrawford on July 27, 2006, 12:19:35 AM
Come on over to the chat room.

I tried...it ain't working.  :icon_smile_angry:

Ron

deputycrawford

Oh man, theres five of us in there right now. Oh, well. Hope to see you in there soon.