News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Deal of a Liftime

Started by tin_soldier, August 18, 2005, 10:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

wow prices really went up lately :o
I bought my 69 with 383/4bbl in April. Paid 9K for it.

Good luck!!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good luck with the new car.

Please take the time to register her.

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tin_soldier

So as I get it home and the info I will be sure to register it.  thanks for the site.

Yes I already sugussted the pound.  I got a few hit up in the area.

ChargerRob

Congrats on your Charger. You better be awefully nice to your wife or a long time. :bow: Remember she made it happen. Never forget that.   :2thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

MyMopar

I'm in CT where are you at?  If you need help sometime, just shoot me some mail.

tin_soldier

I am in Plainville right next to   Southington and the home of ESPN bristol.     :icon_smile_cool:

And yes I owe her big time.   The funny thig is she dosen't even want to drive it.   she just want ride in it and hold on.   I figure the least I could do is offer for her to drive it.   But she really doesn't want to.   Well not yet.   wait until she hears it then she will.

Doc74

I had a big wth moment for a second but first of congrats on the find.
That very car was once owned by someone name Joe Pulaski aka fastgnrl, someone who scams people here and everywhere mopar.
I tried to buy that car from him, long before i knew who he was or what he was like.
In the end it didn't go through because of lots of warnings from people here and on moparts.
I still have pics of it.
It seems that you bought it from someone else and i'm glad you did, it's a great project for a very nice price.If you got it from the guy who bought it from Pulaski then he didn't make a big profit it seems, i know what he asked when i wanted it and it's not much less than your price.

tomonty

I remember that car when it was on ebay a while ago. I was bidding on it, but it went for like 8 or 9 grand and I wasn't going to pay that much for it. So you got it for 5600...you lucky dog :icon_smile_big:
Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress :2thumbs:

Mike
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

tin_soldier

Thanks for the info.  I think I got a good deal on it.  Thanks for the history.   :o

Brock Samson

What are your plans for it Tin?

Silver R/T

good for me, I cant really imagine how much my R/T is worth now since ive bought it for 2200 and total investment over $5K
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bananabeast

looks like a nice green 2nd gen in background
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

tin_soldier

I plan to make a nice crusier out of it.  Something that will take out those annoying rice burners.  and take most mustangs goal of taking them all out.   ;)

Brock Samson

Hummmm,.. sounds like mine..  ;)
what color? wheels?, options?..  & your fender tag man, Dammit! we want details!!  :icon_smile_wink:

tin_soldier

Not sure on fender tag don't have the car yet.  maybe today denfintely tomorrow.  Color wife picked out a "Gun Metal Grey"  Think that will look nice.  Wheel well for now i got the OEM Rallye with center caps but I would like that to a nice set kinesis rims.

Wakko

Great deal!! I remember that car from Ebay too.  When you get it home and sorted out, post some pics.  Congrats!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Goldfinger71

Well Tin'
It's too  bad we have lost a 3rd gen supporter.I see you have stepped over into 2nd Gen territory.......and that's actually not a bad thing....Good Luck buddy! :cheers:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

jaak

your wife sounds cool, my wife is the same way... she can hardly wait til my charger is done... almost as much as i do, and she never bitches about money i've spent for parts, tools ,etc. In fact she's been an extra set of hands when i've needed them, you know holding stuff, etc. When i tore down the 440 to take it to the machine shop she wanted to help and she jumped right in gettin her hands all greasy...... it gave me a rise in my levi's..lol

as far as children we have 2 beautiful girls ages 2 & 4, and their births, being new parents, extra expence (diapers, toys, formula, toys, clothes, toys, whips, toys) has maybe set the completion of my car back longer than i expected..... its worth it!

cudaken

You did pretty good Tin. As far as your wife not wanting to drive it, mine won't even ride in mine now. Something to do with a 6-71 Blower hang over the fender's.

Far as dog's, they are the best! Like them better than people most of the time.

Now comes the fun part.

Cuda Ken
I am back

mustanghater

congrats, looks like parts aren't their? does it come with all the parts?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ctcharger

Congrats, can't wait to start seeing it at shows around here.

Andy

Nupe

Sweet deal!  Gunmetal would look real nice too.  :icon_smile_cool:

Now more pics... now!   :devil:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

tin_soldier

Just got it home toady   ;D

Yes it comes with everything.  I'll be registering it soon with the second gen site.   :icon_smile_big:

cudaken

Well, where the PIC ;D Take it for a drive, anything fall off yet ;)

Cuda Ken
I am back

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Shakey on August 18, 2005, 12:26:58 PM
Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
but i just stole her puppy money.

How much do puppies cost?
I paid around $600 for my poodle/pomerianan mix Bandit. I think it ended up being almost $1000 once all the other items were purchased (kennel, food/water bowls, food, coller, leash, etc.).

Anywho, congrats on your purchase and keep us posted :cheers: !