News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Concealed Carry Weapon of choice

Started by charge69, September 30, 2005, 08:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

My grandpa had one of these that I used take out to the ranch and keep it in my pocket.  (Called a Pocket Pistol)  Was an Officer's handgun in WWII.  My grandfather was in the Secret Service and worked for the mint in Pa...  I suspect that is how/why he got it.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=37518471

This is probably my next handgun: 

SeattleCharger

In my early twenties I had a concealed weapons permit and had a Smith & Wesson nickel plated 44 Magnum Revolver, six inch barrel.     After a while my friends said, there is nothing good going to come from having a pistol, I wasn't a cop or anything, I sold the thing for more than I paid at least, only gun I would consider owning now is a shotgun, not a concealed weapon of course, just for home protection or hunting.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Drache

Well my current collection starts with:

.303 British WW2 rifle and bayonet
30-30 Winchester Model 94
Sawed off .410
single shot .12 gauge
7mm Remington Magnum
.308 Parker & Hale Norma Magnum
.22 single shot
C-7 (Canadian M-16)
.22 Western Style Revolver
Walther P99
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Plumcrazy

In cooler weather with heavier clothes I like my S&W 3913.

In hot weather I'm with Wakko, I love my Kel-Tec P3AT.   You can carry that little thing wherever you want while wearing whatever you want all day long.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 01, 2005, 02:34:03 PM
Well my current collection starts with:

.303 British WW2 rifle and bayonet
30-30 Winchester Model 94
Sawed off .410
single shot .12 gauge
7mm Remington Magnum
.308 Parker & Hale Norma Magnum
.22 single shot
C-7 (Canadian M-16)
.22 Western Style Revolver
Walther P99
Where did you get the C7?
Diemaco doesn't sell them to Civilians and if it's semi only it's not a C7.
Be careful with the term Sawed-off.  18.5" isn't "sawed-off" and any shorter is illegal if cut.

Here's my collection:

Glock 35 (.40 S&W) I also have a 9mm barrel.
CZ-75 9mm
No 1 MkIII Lee Enfield
No 4 MkI* Lee Enfield
Mosin Nagant 91/38 Scout
SKS-D
Rem 870 Poilice
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Drache

The C-7 was made into a semi-auto by a friend of mine in the Rocky Mountain Rangers based out of Kamloops. And yes the .410 IS sawed off illegally lol
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 01, 2005, 11:07:21 PM
The C-7 was made into a semi-auto by a friend of mine in the Rocky Mountain Rangers based out of Kamloops. And yes the .410 IS sawed off illegally lol
You're obviously not a Cop.
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.  Who makes it?

TheGhost

Bootknife, and, occasionally, a Bowie knife.  Depending on where I go.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Stormhammer

what about a MAC 10?   :icon_smile: ( lol no - I dont have one )  :icon_smile_big:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Stormhammer on October 02, 2005, 02:59:06 PM
what about a MAC 10? :icon_smile: ( lol no - I dont have one ) :icon_smile_big:
Strap-this on for size (I would be smiling about my new toy (shorty Colt M4 upper), but I'm down w/ the flu):...

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on October 02, 2005, 07:51:35 PM
Is the lower reciever prohibited?
In Ca. yes.  But I have one that is registered through D.O.J. that is in the shop getting worked on...

Drache

Quote from: doctorpimp on October 02, 2005, 02:23:34 PM
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.   Who makes it?

First off no I'm not a cop but I am a volunteer RCMP officer. The shotgun belonged to my grandfather who passed away a couple months ago. Second, the Rocky Mountain Rangers aren't a "militia". They are in the same class as your United States Rangers. As for the C7 it is made by Diemaco and is chambered in 5.56 (.223 remington). The C7 used to be a full auto (not 3 round burst like the american m16) but civilians are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ChargerHead

Quote from: Wakko on September 30, 2005, 10:16:57 PM
I personally don't like the Glock because the trigger pull is 5.5 pounds all the time.  

Wakko, one can easily replace the 5.5 lb trigger with a 3.5 lb, takes less than a few minutes to change out.   Just FYI!

Brock Samson

As I've aged my vision ain't what it once was so, to forgo the aiming thing i now simply keep this up my sleave...
Comes in handy when riding the bus. Plus, it was cheap.
:P

http://content.kapowwe.com/images3/1-1-272_2.jpg

Drache

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 03, 2005, 12:32:50 AM
As I've aged my vision ain't what it once was so, to forgo the aiming thing i now simply keep this up my sleave...
Comes in handy when riding the bus. Plus, it was cheap.
:P

http://content.kapowwe.com/images3/1-1-272_2.jpg

Jeez Strato! That thing looks like it would blow up in your face just as it would shoot the guy in front of you!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 02, 2005, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: doctorpimp on October 02, 2005, 02:23:34 PM
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.   Who makes it?

First off no I'm not a cop but I am a volunteer RCMP officer. The shotgun belonged to my grandfather who passed away a couple months ago. Second, the Rocky Mountain Rangers aren't a "militia". They are in the same class as your United States Rangers. As for the C7 it is made by Diemaco and is chambered in 5.56 (.223 remington). The C7 used to be a full auto (not 3 round burst like the american m16) but civilians are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
Buddy, your eyes are brown.
First off, I will tell you that I am Canadian Regular Army.  Currently on Operations with ISAF/Op Enduring Freedom.  The Rocky Mountain Rangers ARE in the primary reserve (militia) of the Canadian Forces.  They are no where near the caliber of US Army Rangers or any other Regular Infantry unit.  http://www.army.dnd.ca/ROCKY_MOUNTAIN_RANGERS/the_reserves.htm
I have been to Diemaco in Kitchener ON and I can tell you that they have never sold a C7 to the public.  Only to the CF, Police and certain NATO armies.  I would bet that even as Colt Canada they still won't. 
You don't own a C7, sorry.  They do make an Airsoft C8 though...

Drache

Did I say I bought it doctorpimp? It was given to me by a friend in the Rocky mountain rangers when he switched it over from full to semi. I thought I had made that clear in my first post but I guess not.

As for the Rocky mountain rangers maybe they aren't up to par with the US Rangers (although I believe so) they are not a militia. Their role is to provide an infantry company and a reconnaissance platoon. I had lived in Kamloops for 13 years and since the Drop Zone was next to their base of operations and I watched them train daily.

If it's not a C7 then my friend has lied to me and I apologize.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger Aficionado

I've got a buddy with a Genuine U.S. Army Rig.  Are they're ANY differences other than selector on that C7 Rig compared to a M16?

Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???  Do those things have drain Holes at the base?  I've never used one.

ChargerBill

As far as wheel guns I like the Ruger .44 Blackhawk too....and I'm big enough to conceal one. If it had to be small I'd pick a Glock or the P29 Sig Sauer. But if it could be any gun I'd take an older Colt or new Springfield 1911...massive stopping power, feels nice in your hand and about as reliable as you can get.

Other guns I like  ;)
Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle .223
30-06 Remington Mountain Rifle
Winchester pump action short barrel SuperMag 12 gauge
Baretta .38 Snubnose
Ruger Stainless/Synthetic .22 varmint rifle
Taurus 9mm
Ruger .357 Super Redhawk
Life is a highway...

Rocky

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on October 03, 2005, 02:53:34 AM
  Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???   Do those things have drain Holes at the base?   I've never used one.

You should look into the M16mags made by HK for the british SA80.  Super heavy duty, with a dual spring that that puts our mags to shame except for the weight.  Acutually our mags don't work for sh!* with their rifles, but theirs are super reliable with the M16.

Rocky

BTW, just to stay on topic.  If CCW laws applied to anyone except law enforcement in CA, I would use the compact version of the .40 cal HK USP that I use for home defense.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on October 03, 2005, 02:53:34 AM
  I've got a buddy with a Genuine U.S. Army Rig.   Are they're ANY differences other than selector on that C7 Rig compared to a M16?

Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???   Do those things have drain Holes at the base?   I've never used one.
Sorry to have helped stray this topic WAY off of course...
I like our C7 better than the M16A2.   It just feels more robust and it's full auto, not 3 rd burst!
The C7A2 is our latest variant.   It's got a flat to upper receiver fitted with our Elcan C79 3.5x optic.   Ambi-Cocking handle (crap), Ambi-Selecter switch (coming soon), Ambi-Mag release (crap- Rt handed shooters drop their mags occasionally when carrying the rifle loaded.)   The cool part about it is has a 4 position stock in green and matching green handguards and pistol grip.   It's still a 20" barrel though.   Basically the Cdn Army cheaped out and bought off the shelf 'trinket' parts from Brownells.   Every single weapon is ambidextrous, and weapons techs are not permitted to change that to suit the user (left/right handed.)

We got rid of those Crappy plastic mags in 1995.   They would have been perfect as throw away mags in a room-temperature battlefield.   The brilliant minds who chose them forgot we get really F**cking cold here in the winter and plastic doesn't like -50*!   More than once I saw a soldiers complete 25 rounds (you couldn't use 30 because it would jam every round down to 25,) come rocketing out under the springs' pressure when he removed it to clear a stoppage (the lips had broken off when the mag was inserted.)
We now use Colt manufactred metal mags from the mid-nineties the hve the Clinton friendly "FOR EXPORT ONLY" stamped on the side.   They did have drainage holes and could be taken apart.
I carry a C8 14" thin barrel because I'm an armoured Mobile Repair Team commander over here.

doctorpimp

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 03, 2005, 02:12:54 AM
Did I say I bought it doctorpimp? It was given to me by a friend in the Rocky mountain rangers when he switched it over from full to semi. I thought I had made that clear in my first post but I guess not.

As for the Rocky mountain rangers maybe they aren't up to par with the US Rangers (although I believe so) they are not a militia. Their role is to provide an infantry company and a reconnaissance platoon. I had lived in Kamloops for 13 years and since the Drop Zone was next to their base of operations and I watched them train daily.

If it's not a C7 then my friend has lied to me and I apologize.
Just Stop.  Seriously.  Send pics of the receiver beside your Charger door insignia if your're telling the truth.  It should have a Maple Leaf and say Canadian Forces Canadiennes above the serial number.  See the photo of the A2.  On your registration, who is the manufacturer?
I am a legal firearms owner in Canada.  It is illegal for you to own a "converted-auto" rifle.  As an RCMP volunteer you should know that.  Especially if it was stolen from the Army.  You should turn your friend in as either a thief or an illegal arms trafficker, Constable.
The "Militia" is the older term for Canada's Army Reserve.  We refer to them as the "Mo" as in Mo-Litia.  I know because I was in the Militia while I was a student in High School and College, before I man-ed up and signed the dotted line as a Regular.