DodgeCharger.com Forum
January 25, 2015, 08:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1969 Dodge Charger Registry  (Read 2112 times)
dubya

« on: September 27, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »

Hello Charger fans. I really liked the 1969 Dodge Charger Registry. Does anybody know what happened to it? The registry was a wealth of information and is sorely missed. Any information on what happened and what the future holds for the registry would be appreciated.
JB400
Old Timer

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »

Ghoste acquired it and it's in the works.  

Welcome to the forum cheers

Just 6T9 CHGR
Global Moderator
Old Timer

AKA... "The Game Changer"

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »

welcome!

See this link.....
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,101913.0.html

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »

And as an update, I apologize for the delays and beg everyone's patience.  This has been a year of many personal upheavals for me but ultimately they are going to leave me with more time to devote to this and they should all be wrapped up up soon.

Support the Charger registries at

http://www.1966-67chargerregistry.com/

to submit info to the 69 registry, pm me

http://1970chargerregistry.com/
http://www.71chargerrtregistry.com/
dubya

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »

Thanks for the updates! Take care Ghoste - hope everything works out. We all appreciate the fact you have taken this project from Chris who did an outstanding job with the 69 Charger Registry. I really look forward to the new version going live in the very near future.
xs29bb1

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

Is there a registry for 68s?
dubya

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »

Don't think so.
A383Wing
Old Timer

Old, Lost & Confuzed

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »

Don't think so.

Wondering why not?   scratchchin   shruggy

Sixtyeight

1968 R/T Charger Restoration from scratch...

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »

Hi,

www.charger.nl is a registry of all Chargers in the Netherlands, for those who are interested...

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
cdr
Old Timer

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »

Don't think so.

Wondering why not?   scratchchin   shruggy

there is--------------------------------almost  scratchchin

RAC95054

The Charger is gone, but the GTX lives on

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

Not to be a pest, but any update on when the '69 Registry will be live again?  I miss it!  cheers

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar
Ghoste
Old Timer

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

I've been starting to get on it just now as a matter of fact.  It will still be a couple of weeks yet and it isn't being a pest because I've been caught up in enough in some personal things lately that reminders are good.

Homerr
Old Timer

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »

Is it possible that each of the existing Charger registry admins could talk amongst yourselves and come up with one unified Charger registry?  Something with multiple admins maybe?

Including and excluding years seems odd.  And a registry with all years could pool better overall data.  Admins could share the workload and not make a registry dependent on a personality or availability of an individual.

<= Last known in Oregon, have you seen it?  '69 383HP auto, R4 Red w/ painted stripe, tan interior, power windows
Ghoste
Old Timer

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:42:22 PM »

Wayne Wooten`s already exists as an overall one but it doesn`t always seem to work well.

Homerr
Old Timer

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=74830.0

I get some Chinese error message apparently.

<= Last known in Oregon, have you seen it?  '69 383HP auto, R4 Red w/ painted stripe, tan interior, power windows
Ghoste
Old Timer

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »

Wayne's site hasn't been active since 2009.

dubya

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »

Thanks Ghoste. Really looking forward to the 69 Charger registry coming back!!
TPR

Sydney AUSTRALIA

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »

Is it possible that each of the existing Charger registry admins could talk amongst yourselves and come up with one unified Charger registry?  Something with multiple admins maybe?

Including and excluding years seems odd.  And a registry with all years could pool better overall data.  Admins could share the workload and not make a registry dependent on a personality or availability of an individual.

I reckon this idea would be great, although not understanding all the logistics of what it would take to do this, it may be easier said than done.
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com
Dodge Don
Old Timer

70 Charger R/T SE 440 Six Pack Toronto Canada

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »

A multi-year Registry really doesn't add any value since there are specific nuances to each year....it is never a comparison of apples to apples. It is hard enough just managing a single Registry (ask Chris 6T9....the effort is not minor). Putting that aside, and our privacy commitment to those who register, having multiple admins all mucking around with a single database is a recipe for disaster.

I'd focus on getting the 69 Charger Registry back in action....and it still defies logic that with so many 68 owners out there why no one has stepped up to create a 68 Charger Registry  confused

6pkrtse

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »

A multi-year Registry really doesn't add any value since there are specific nuances to each year....it is never a comparison of apples to apples. It is hard enough just managing a single Registry (ask Chris 6T9....the effort is not minor). Putting that aside, and our privacy commitment to those who register, having multiple admins all mucking around with a single database is a recipe for disaster.

I'd focus on getting the 69 Charger Registry back in action....and it still defies logic that with so many 68 owners out there why no one has stepped up to create a 68 Charger Registry  confused

So true. so surprised how so many 68' owners sware the 68' was the  best year of the charger, with the 69 owners a close second that their year is the best but then go looks at us 70' owners on the registry & you can see the devotion and the fact that our 70' year is truely the best year.

1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial/10.5 big inch all alum 16 plug Hemi twin turbo.
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
hawkeye

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »

So true. so surprised how so many 68' owners sware the 68' was the  best year of the charger, with the 69 owners a close second that their year is the best but then go looks at us 70' owners on the registry & you can see the devotion and the fact that our 70' year is truely the best year.

poke poke poke poke poke
JB400
Old Timer

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »

I'd focus on getting the 69 Charger Registry back in action....and it still defies logic that with so many 68 owners out there why no one has stepped up to create a 68 Charger Registry  confused

So true. so surprised how so many 68' owners sware the 68' was the  best year of the charger, with the 69 owners a close second that their year is the best but then go looks at us 70' owners on the registry & you can see the devotion and the fact that our 70' year is truely the best year.

I will say the 70 Registry is pretty good, and would make a great template for the 69 Registry.  But, I wouldn't say that makes one year better than any other year based solely on the Registries.

Besides, 69's are the best.  Get your facts straight slap

6pkrtse

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »

I love them all & have owned them all (68-70). I actually preferred the 69 most of my life but 70 had many of the better factory options. Now that I have owned several I lean more towards the 70'. My goal someday is to have all 3 years at once. Then life will be complete........

1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial/10.5 big inch all alum 16 plug Hemi twin turbo.
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
472 R/T SE
Old Timer

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »

I love them all & have owned them all (68-70). I actually preferred the 69 most of my life but 70 had many of the better factory options. Now that I have owned several I lean more towards the 70'. My goal someday is to have all 3 years at once. Then life will be complete........

Yeah, right...   rofl

HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES Because all cars matter.

I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.  Live life like every DAY is your last!  patriotJust a dollar, please
Homerr
Old Timer

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »

Hi Don (and others),

I don't want to make more work for you but I disagree to a point.  The creation of a 68 registry will be another new 'from scratch' endeavor by someone, in some other database format.  Unless the 69 or 70 registry is copied, stripped of info, and sent along to a new 68 admin to use as a template.  I don't know the history of how each of the databases started, this may have already happened for the existing ones.

But isn't sharing work and being able to take a break a good long-term goal?  And to release the one caretaker of the registry from the responsibility of letting it live beyond paying a domain fee, personal quirks, time commitments, or even mortality?  I've done this myself for a web-based community of about 400 active users, it was odd giving up control but also a huge relief.

If a multi-year registry with multiple admins goes live then count me in for a pledge of $100 to help out.

And there could be several benefits if someone with a little programming knowledge stepped up.  I'd love to have some interaction with a multi-year registry, without compromising anyone's personal info of course.  I'd like to see how many are registered by engine type, trans, color, interior, and various options.  How many are in my area - by state maybe, or county, or zip?  Be nice to look up a specific VIN and get a 'yes' or 'no' that it is in the registry, regardless of year.

As for apples, oranges, and pears - it would be nice to see a community of Chargers represented instead of a patchwork by year.   

All for your consideration...

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: