News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Quote from: nchrome on December 28, 2019, 10:17:13 PM
Keepat with what you have done to your car is great but l have one little question.  Are you going to drive this beauty or is she going to be just a trailer queen. She's your car its just mine will never be as nice but still l'm going to be proud to drive her where ever l want and really enjoy her.

Yes I will drive it! The last two cars I built after about 100 test miles, we drove them on the HRPT putting on about 2500 miles each. Not sure I'll be done by June to make this year's HRPT, but for sure 2021!
Thanks

Quote from: TexasStroker on December 29, 2019, 02:13:20 AM
Beautiful work! 

And has no one really commented on the carb hats?  It is quite clearly the best use of Royal Dansk cookie tins in history  :2thumbs: :lol:

;-) not a big fan of the cookies but I love the tins!
Thank you!
Pat

TexasStroker

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 29, 2019, 09:17:55 AM
See post number 1444!

Ah, didn't go back that far.  I had a coworker that would always give those.  The tins make decent storage containers, lol.  This is a bit more prominent usage.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Not a fun weekend installing the rear glass and trim. AMD glass was not a problem but fitting the trim took two or three times to get everything just right. Fortunately no chips or scratches just a lot less hair on my head ;-)
Thanks
Pat

image sharing

Charger-Bodie

Looks great! Always a sigh of releif when the rear window trim is done....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 30, 2019, 05:14:10 PM

Yes! The other fun job is the rear side window regulators. Always good for colorful language ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: keepat on December 30, 2019, 08:01:46 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 30, 2019, 05:14:10 PM

Yes! The other fun job is the rear side window regulators. Always good for colorful language ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Yeah. Time consuming

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CRW-FK5

Looking fantastic.  I always look forward to seeing update pictures of this car.  Keep up the awesome work, man.

keepat

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on December 31, 2019, 09:40:44 AM
Looking fantastic.  I always look forward to seeing update pictures of this car.  Keep up the awesome work, man.

Thanks for following along and not losing interest in this extremely slow build!
Thank you!
Pat

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keepat

Car is ready for fuel! Had to make a tool for the original theft proof fasteners.
Thanks
Pat

photo hosting site free

old sawmill cafe

alfaitalia

Quite surprised you are leaving the fill tube natural steel....With the rest of the car being as it it I was expecting at least a polished stainless replica, or a custom carbon fibre version.....or platinum!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 05, 2020, 07:16:08 AM
Quite surprised you are leaving the fill tube natural steel....With the rest of the car being as it it I was expecting at least a polished stainless replica, or a custom carbon fibre version.....or platinum!! :lol:

I was tempted ;-) But I'm trying to keep the car as original looking as possible.
With exception of the engine bay, bottom of the car and the wheels, everywhere else will look original.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Weld Mount is in acrylic adhesive mounting system with a wide variety of very cool fasteners. We use it on the boats when we cannot drill into a bulkhead, fuel tank, or hull sides to mount or fasten equipment and wires. I used it to mount a few fan relays and headlight door operator To keep the engine bay clean of fasteners. Very cool stuff, easy to use an extremely strong!
Thanks
Pat

http://weldmountsystems.com/

free image url

image sharing

common american girl first names

timmycharger

:o  Wow! looking fantastic Pat, that Weld Mount system is a thing of beauty, I can see so many uses for that.  :drool5:

keepat

Quote from: timmycharger on January 06, 2020, 07:19:22 PM
:o  Wow! looking fantastic Pat, that Weld Mount system is a thing of beauty, I can see so many uses for that.  :drool5:

We have used it for years on smaller boats where the console is thin fiberglass and you can't put a screw in it. Works great for hanging electronics components on thin fiberglass or aluminum fuel tanks. I have yet to see any of them fall off with many years of pounding seas.
Thanks
Pat

ht4spd307

see :o your running hid headlights hi beam only ?

keepat

Quote from: ht4spd307 on January 13, 2020, 10:00:58 AM
see :o your running hid headlights hi beam only ?

No, Delta LED for both Hi and Low beam, they look original and let 55 year old eyes see at night ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Lennard

Pat, which brand headers are you using?

keepat

Quote from: Lennard on January 17, 2020, 09:55:10 PM

TTI, and they fit perfect!

INTMD8

Quote from: keepat on December 08, 2019, 06:29:46 PM

Fuel tank is from Tanks.
Thank you!
Pat

I just assembled the same for my car but took issue with the fuel level instructions, let me know your thoughts.

They want you to base max level as sender mounting level but the tank itself has capacity above this.

To mean that meant, you could fill the tank and burn through quite a bit of fuel before it dropped before sender mounting point and registered as less than full at the gauge.

Being that the sender orientation put the float towards the passenger side of the car, I manipulated the float rod shape and float orientation until it would nearly reach the actual top of the tank, much higher than the sender at max height, (coinciding with max rotation at sender) and at bottom of tank was at max clockwise rotation of sender, or resting on the stop.

Maybe I'm wrong or overthinking it but that's what I arrived at.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Lennard

Quote from: keepat on January 17, 2020, 10:46:29 PM
Quote from: Lennard on January 17, 2020, 09:55:10 PM

TTI, and they fit perfect!
Thanks for the info, I need to find a set for passenger side starter.

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on January 17, 2020, 10:58:04 PM
Quote from: keepat on December 08, 2019, 06:29:46 PM

Fuel tank is from Tanks.
Thank you!
Pat

I just assembled the same for my car but took issue with the fuel level instructions, let me know your thoughts.

They want you to base max level as sender mounting level but the tank itself has capacity above this.

To mean that meant, you could fill the tank and burn through quite a bit of fuel before it dropped before sender mounting point and registered as less than full at the gauge.

Being that the sender orientation put the float towards the passenger side of the car, I manipulated the float rod shape and float orientation until it would nearly reach the actual top of the tank, much higher than the sender at max height, (coinciding with max rotation at sender) and at bottom of tank was at max clockwise rotation of sender, or resting on the stop.

Maybe I'm wrong or overthinking it but that's what I arrived at.

Yes, I noted that same problem and I try to compensate slightly for it with the length of the float. For me it's not that important for the gauge to accurate at 3/4 or full. I just hope it's reasonably close at 1/2 and 1/4.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

With the battery being relocated to the trunk and needing a few direct to battery power connections I made a breaker/switchbox to be located in the trunk. The 12"x 9" box holds a remote battery disconnect and starter solenoid. It also has a series of breakers for the alternator line, dash power, subwoofer, fuel pump, fuel injection, and a few other low amperage items. I still have a few details to work out, then disassemble the box and paint it black along with labels for the breakers before I install it.
Thanks
Pat

multi photo hosting

mike69440

Ok, too many questions?! :rotz:
What is the other switch on the side for?

Why the cover over the Battery Disconnect?

Amazing thought you put into this stuff!