News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 26, 2020, 09:10:39 PM
Quote from: keepat on March 25, 2020, 09:39:08 AM.....The power crank switches do not come with a Mopar adapter so I needed to cannibalize a crank handle shaft from an old rusted regulator and welded it to part of the new crank shaft.....All of my original window regulators are in excellent condition so I'll need to find some rusted regulators to salvage the small crankshaft for the other three windows. PM me if you have some broken, rusted or bad window regulator's

Nice work Pat.  :2thumbs:

So you're saying that you need 3 more window crank shafts to attach or replace these shafts from your pic? (attached below). I'm pretty positive that I have some beater 1973 B Body regs laying around. I would be more than gladly to get these to you as these regs are sitting around doing nothing. At my swap shows they hardly even get looked at. I know that 1966-74 Mopar has the same shafts.

But I can't get to them for at least the next 2 days and I'm not sure if I have 3 of them.

:cheers:

That would be awesome! The picture below is what it looks like removed from the regulator.
THANK YOU!
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on March 27, 2020, 06:23:46 AM
.....The picture below is what it looks like removed from the regulator.....

Okay, thanks.

Do you pry those out for removal??

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 27, 2020, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: keepat on March 27, 2020, 06:23:46 AM
.....The picture below is what it looks like removed from the regulator.....

Okay, thanks.

Do you pry those out for removal??

3 pop rivets hold it in place, soft metal drills easy!
Thank you!

darbgnik

Wow, I've missed almost a year of updates!

It seems since this thread is pinned at the top, I never even noticed it, since early last year! But, on a plus side, I managed to binge read a year of progress.

Modern Bullitt build - Netflix Edition!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

keepat

Installed the right side rear power window regulator, and like on the door I had to cut an opening to allow the crank handle switch.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

This is a continuation of the first post, pictures are in order I installed the parts for the regulator. I missed taking a picture of sliding in the long track from the top that holds the two spring rollers.
Thanks
Pat

orange383

Great work as always Pat.

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on March 27, 2020, 06:15:13 PM.....3 pop rivets hold it in place, soft metal drills easy!
Thank you! .....

Pat, your inbox is full so I'm posting here.

Got the shafts removed (see pics).

Shipped and on your way.

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 05, 2020, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: keepat on March 27, 2020, 06:15:13 PM.....3 pop rivets hold it in place, soft metal drills easy!
Thank you! .....

Pat, your inbox is full so I'm posting here.

Got the shafts removed (see pics).

Shipped and on your way.

Very cool! Thank you very much! I hope I can repay the favor!
Pat

keepat

Now with the rear wheels on I could finish up the rear brake cooling ducts. I had made the air intakes and modified the Torque boxes before painting the bottom of the car 2+ years ago. But I did not have the rear installed at that time so I could fit the wheels to make the disk brake plates until this weekend.

b5blue

keepat

Quick thank you to all the members of this very cool Charger community, and a big THANK YOU to Bryan (VegasCharger) received the parts today and they will work perfect!!
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking fantastic! Any plans for the front brake ducts?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 08, 2020, 07:02:42 PM

Yes sir, the front gets a heck of a lot hotter. I will use the opening in the front valance to hide the air intakes and will run 2.5" hose to a mount that I have to make at the rotor. I think I have most of the design worked, out allowing for hose movement with the wheel.
Thank you!
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: keepat on April 08, 2020, 07:13:06 PM

Yes sir, the front gets a heck of a lot hotter. I will use the opening in the front valance to hide the air intakes and will run 2.5" hose to a mount that I have to make at the rotor. I think I have most of the design worked, out allowing for hose movement with the wheel.
Thank you!
Pat

Nice! Can't wait to see what you come up with (so I can copy it   :icon_smile_big:  ). I bought some parts from Allstar Performance a while back and was going to install them in the corners of the valance opening but never got around to actually finishing them.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

timmycharger

Wow! amazing work as always Pat. Just curious though, are you concerned about dust/debris getting pulled into the duct then on to the rotors?

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 08, 2020, 11:11:23 PM
Quote from: keepat on April 08, 2020, 07:13:06 PM

Thank you!
Pat

Nice! Can't wait to see what you come up with (so I can copy it   :icon_smile_big:  ). I bought some parts from Allstar Performance a while back and was going to install them in the corners of the valance opening but never got around to actually finishing them.

I haven't found anything that I think would fit or work in the front valance, so I'll probably fabricate my own air intakes. Did the parts you found from Allstar look like they would work?
Thanks

Quote from: timmycharger on April 09, 2020, 06:20:31 AM
Wow! amazing work as always Pat. Just curious though, are you concerned about dust/debris getting pulled into the duct then on to the rotors?

I plan on installing some sort of wire mesh just inside the intake. I just haven't found anything I like yet.
Thank you!
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: keepat on April 09, 2020, 09:00:10 AM

I haven't found anything that I think would fit or work in the front valance, so I'll probably fabricate my own air intakes. Did the parts you found from Allstar look like they would work?
Thanks

Not without a lot of trimming. I got a basic abs square duct and trimmed it, with a little more work I think it will fit. I was going to build a frame for it to bolt to the bumper bracket but just got sidetracked. I was going to run their flanges through the splash shield but never figured out a good way to mount to the spindles. I was going to try the universal ones but they never looked right.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 09, 2020, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: keepat on April 09, 2020, 09:00:10 AM

Thanks

Not without a lot of trimming. I got a basic abs square duct and trimmed it, with a little more work I think it will fit. I was going to build a frame for it to bolt to the bumper bracket but just got sidetracked. I was going to run their flanges through the splash shield but never figured out a good way to mount to the spindles. I was going to try the universal ones but they never looked right.

Thanks, looks great! What size hose?

WHITE AND RED 69

All of their kits are for 3" hose. I didn't see anything smaller when I was looking.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

TexasStroker

Those rear ducts came out nice!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on April 05, 2020, 09:37:24 PM.....Very cool! Thank you very much! I hope I can repay the favor.....

Yes you can, please LMK when you go on your debut tour to show off Bullitt. I will travel to see it (ie Carlisle, The Nats etc.). I want to meet you and Bullitt in person. And your son if he goes.

Quote from: keepat on April 08, 2020, 04:18:12 PM.....and a big THANK YOU to Bryan (VegasCharger) received the parts today and they will work perfect.....

You are welcome sir. :2thumbs:

Nice to see that those parts will contribute to your great Bullitt restoration!!

MoparMike68

Pat;I read all of this thread,I'm not going to bore you with additional praise because ya have to
Know that your skills and car ROCK!  :coolgleamA: Thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs:

keepat

I fabricated the front caliper cooling vent this weekend. Had a hard time finding a piece of 2 inch OD aluminum tubing until I got into my son's golf bag and found his golf ball picker-upper tube. Cut off about 3" and put the cap back on. He will never know that holds two less balls;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: MoparMike68 on April 12, 2020, 09:40:13 PM
Pat;I read all of this thread,I'm not going to bore you with additional praise because ya have to
Know that your skills and car ROCK!  :coolgleamA: Thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs:

Mike, Thank you for checking out the build!
Pat