News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Redline Gauges - worth every penny

Started by BY RSCO, August 21, 2014, 12:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BY RSCO

I always like to spread the word when a company goes above and beyond, and I felt that way when I opened my cluster today from Redline. They have been great from the moment I contacted them, and I could not be happier with the finished results. As I have heard all my life, and many members here have said "you get what you pay for".

TexasStroker

Very nice, glad to hear you had a good experience!  Enjoy them on the install!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Moparman01

Very nice!! And thanks for this post, makes deciding to send out my gauges a lot easier!! What all did Redline do on yours besides the obvious gauge faces? Did they add new rocker switches too? That looks like brand new, your's was in very similar shape as mine to start with. I'm planning on sending mine to Redline and having the white faces added, Redline seems like the place to go!

Ghoste

Wow, they really do look fantastic in the pics.  It's such an important part of the resto too since that is what you will see the most.

BY RSCO

Quote from: Moparman01 on August 21, 2014, 11:49:07 AM
Very nice!! And thanks for this post, makes deciding to send out my gauges a lot easier!! What all did Redline do on yours besides the obvious gauge faces? Did they add new rocker switches too? That looks like brand new, your's was in very similar shape as mine to start with. I'm planning on sending mine to Redline and having the white faces added, Redline seems like the place to go!

Thanks! I am another who debated the other options of restoration on this, and there are a few good ones out there. At the end of the day, I agree with Ghoste and others that this is such an important detail that I wanted no question that it was done by a pro, the car is torn down literally as far as it can go, and I have just decided on everything that I want it 100% now even if it takes longer to complete the restoration, kind of the buy once cry once mentality. They did the obvious as you stated, they also polished the factory lens. As far as  the switches, they take them down, clean, rebuild (or replace parts if need be) the internals, test, etc. My switches were actually pretty solid, so they are all still original with their testing, rebuilding and such. They did change out my factory clock with an OER tic toc tach, at a very resonable price of $350 for the tach. Calibrated and completely reconditioned all gauges and refaced using an actual artwork process vs. decals, Voltage Limiter & converted ammeter to volt gauge, new bulbs & bulb sockets, new brake system lens & turn signal indicator lenses/gaskets, restored/painted all other plastic. I don't think I missed anything, but pretty much a full blown inside & out new cluster. With adding the price of the tach, my grand total was $1428.00 , if they would have to had just restored an existing tach or clock, total would have been less. As I said also, their communication and customer service is great, and though it was a good bit of money, it will absolutely round out the rest of a new interior and is a must. I will happily send any more pictures of details or anything you may need if you want to see more. Sorry for the long message, just trying to pass along as much info as possible.  :cheers:

jaak

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

myk

Even for someone who isn't a fan of the stock gauges I think they did a great job...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Skull-1

Quote from: myk on August 22, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Even for someone who isn't a fan of the stock gauges I think they did a great job...

Stock gauges are awesome.  Why you no likey?

(They're awesome when they give accurate info that is...)
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Moparman01

Thanks for the info RSCO!! Good to know! I will be calling them for sure! Still a little more than I was hoping to spend, I was under the impression that it was a $3-400 deal. I've already sanded and polished my lenses, they came out really great and chrystal clear so I might save a few bucks there plus I'll just stick with the clock for now. There work looks great so in the end it will be worth the money no matter what! My car is also being torn down as far as possible and going to be done as top notch as possible, I want to get all the small details right!

myk

Quote from: Skull-1 on August 22, 2014, 11:19:14 PM
Quote from: myk on August 22, 2014, 07:21:34 PM

Stock gauges are awesome.  Why you no likey?

(They're awesome when they give accurate info that is...)

They're too bland, IMO.  I also don't like how far into the dash the gauges are positioned.  Then there's also the reliability factor, and to get these gauges accurate and like-new appearing you have to spend three times more than it would cost to shoe-horn aftermarket gauges that look and work better; at least in my own personal opinion anyway... :shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

BY RSCO

Quote from: Moparman01 on August 24, 2014, 03:11:26 PM
Thanks for the info RSCO!! Good to know! I will be calling them for sure! Still a little more than I was hoping to spend, I was under the impression that it was a $3-400 deal. I've already sanded and polished my lenses, they came out really great and chrystal clear so I might save a few bucks there plus I'll just stick with the clock for now. There work looks great so in the end it will be worth the money no matter what! My car is also being torn down as far as possible and going to be done as top notch as possible, I want to get all the small details right!
You are more than welcome! There have been so many people here who have and still are helping me during this learning process that anything I come across thay may help someone I am happy to pass it along. The price definitely will vary case by case, so I would definitely check them out. Mine was on the upper end due to the addition of the tach also. If you are wanting to go top notch on your car, this is the way to go without a doubt. I also just got my a/c / heater box back from a full restoration & rebuild from Rich (http://www.theheaterboxguy.com/) and his work and service were equal to redline, great guy and great work. I will post pictures of that soon as well. His work is tops!

BY RSCO

[They're too bland, IMO.  I also don't like how far into the dash the gauges are positioned.  Then there's also the reliability factor, and to get these gauges accurate and like-new appearing you have to spend three times more than it would cost to shoe-horn aftermarket gauges that look and work better; at least in my own personal opinion anyway... :shruggy:

I definitely respect your opinion, and I dont think there is any question that good quality aftermaket gauges are more accurate in most cases. Mine boiled down to the type of resto we are doing on the car and the aftermarkets just wouldn't work into the plan, I do however really like the addition of them in a resto-mod case, pro-touring, etc.
[/quote]