News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/163413147023?hash=item260c2ebd8f:g:~awAAOSwNqRcAy0l:rk:14:pf:0

Not too delusional yet....but Im sure it will be!! Already seems a far whack for a rusty triple green....but I've mainly put it here for the quality of most of the photos. Preparation must have consisted of covering the lens in grease and then jumping up and down as he pushed the button!! Next to none are in focus. Classy sunroof too.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 05, 2018, 03:30:35 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 05, 2018, 03:25:24 PM
Don't encourage 70sublime... Er... I mean the anonymous seller

Yah, I missed it was a Port Dope car. I like his write up, totally honest description and it does have a good roof and cowl section. I forget what I paid for my AMD upper cowl, but probably close to what he wants for this shell.

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

chargerperson

BrugeeRT

Mark

BrugeeRT

The Black 68 is listed is listed with some of the same pictures now in LA.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/parker-1968-charger-retro-mod-in/6766784248.html

Quote from: Homerr on November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM
For posterity or laughs.  Feel free to post cars that are priced at least twice their value to a buyer.

$28,000

Quote1970 dodge charger 500 ,power steering power disc brakes,factory air ,383 four barrel car auto runs and drives great buckets seat console car,been sitting for a while have many extra parts will answer any question by email ONLY to serious people i don't want to put my number down and have people calling me who are not serious thanks for looking $28,000 car is in Sacramento

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4751302739.html

==================

$85,000

Quote1968 charger original 4 speed car, clear colorado title in hand!
all body work is done and yes you could take a shave in the mirror black paint
this has the best of the best i will sell it for less than what i have in it over $76,786.73 in new parts alone with over $125,000 out of pocket with parts and labor,
with invoices to prove

will need about 11k to 15k to finish or less if you do the work your self
i have just run out of time to know i will never finish it
please no games no text i will not respond to text
please call for more info

i have a little flex in the price but not 1/2 asking $85,000 , contact me for the detailed list of parts please
Thanks
Ed 303-840-one- zero- 7 zero

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4751779091.html

Mark

Birdflu

$125K and it's not finished! How is that even possible?  :o

Kern Dog

Because the guy is a jerkoff that paid full retail for everything, paid people to do the work and simply wrote checks until he ran out of time and money.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 22, 2018, 01:14:26 PM
Because the guy is a jerkoff that paid full retail for everything, paid people to do the work and simply wrote checks until he ran out of time and money.

Sad, but true. :yesnod:

birdsandbees

Really KD, what do you think the metal and body work cost on my Bee and as you know I've done ALL the mechanical and assembly work. Guess I'm a jerk off too because I paid someone to do body work.  :shruggy:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

ACUDANUT

125K and not finished. ? I'd Sell my 70 Charger for half that and it needs NOTHING.

Kern Dog

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 22, 2018, 01:23:54 PM
Really KD, what do you think the metal and body work cost on my Bee and as you know I've done ALL the mechanical and assembly work. Guess I'm a jerk off too because I paid someone to do body work.  :shruggy:

Come on....$125,000 and the car is not finished? I'm not blaming you. Don't play the victim. I was referring to people that pay through the ass for everything like that guy appeared to do.
I'd think a SuperBird or a Daytona could get that high or worse due to the rare and specific parts of those cars. THe other appeared to be a standard body Charger.
Don't get offended when your case is not even closely related.

Mike DC

QuoteBecause the guy is a jerkoff that paid full retail for everything, paid people to do the work and simply wrote checks until he ran out of time and money.

These kinds of jerkoffs keep the economy going.  They keep aftermarket companies in business.  They keep skilled restorers employed.  It's their willingness to pay somebody else to do something well, even if the result is a net money-loser for the guy writing the checks.

He is gonna lose money on the sale of a half-finished car.  That's his own fault.  But it's a gain for pretty much everyone else being affected.    

birdsandbees

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 22, 2018, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: birdsandbees on December 22, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Come on....$125,000 and the car is not finished? I'm not blaming you. Don't play the victim. I was referring to people that pay through the ass for everything like that guy appeared to do.
I'd think a SuperBird or a Daytona could get that high or worse due to the rare and specific parts of those cars. THe other appeared to be a standard body Charger.
Don't get offended when your case is not even closely related.

I'm not playing the victim or getting offended. As to "even closely related" I have about that, US$'s, into my car and I'm doing all the work, other than body work. Just asked a simple question, am I a jerk off because I kept 3 guys employed for 6 months doing metal work, body and paint.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Christ, still playing this like the ugly girl that doesn't get asked to dance. YOU were never mentioned.
"Because the guy is a jerkoff that paid full retail for everything, paid people to do the work and simply wrote checks until he ran out of time and money."
Anywhere in there...was YOUR name mentioned? Stop trying to make a case where none exists.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 22, 2018, 01:14:26 PM
:icon_smile_big: :yesnod: isnt that always the story, lol....

Challenger340

LOL !
Tough crowd around here.

Reminder to self.... BEFORE ever contemplating selling ? post a "WIW" thread here first, lest I make the "delusional" thread.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Back N Black

With the muscle car boom in the last few years, people with deep pockets are paying big money to have cars restored. Look at all the new TV series and what the cost is to build a turn key car.

Challenger340

Quote from: Back N Black on January 01, 2019, 03:08:30 PM
With the muscle car boom in the last few years, people with deep pockets are paying big money to have cars restored. Look at all the new TV series and what the cost is to build a turn key car.

Yep, makes no sense to me, but people are still spending HUGE Money !
Spend it if you got it I guess ?

A friend of mine has the bug and was recently quoted $100K to $120K CND Dollars to restore a '68 R/T !  He then promptly phoned me inquiring "if" and "how much" for my '69 ?

Makes it really difficult to want to accept a whole LOT less than the $100K CND Dollar minimum he was quoted to "restore", when the wreck '68 he got estimated was $30K up front just to BUY it ? #'s matching Engine/Trans but NO B-Sheet/missing parts.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

VegasCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 01, 2019, 12:14:25 PM
A lot of work has been done on that Charger. 38K is not crazy priced.

Sure a lot of work has been done. He/she probably has more than 38k invested in that project due to the personal touches in the interior. Sure there's probably a small tiny market of people that MIGHT pony up that 38k for a '71 Charger non R/T. But they'll be sitting on it for awhile looking for the right buyer.

Why do people invest money in muscle cars, add their personal touches, dump a ton of money in it and expect to make a profit?

70B5Cuda

[/quote]
Why do people invest money in muscle cars, add their personal touches, dump a ton of money in it and expect to make a profit?
[/quote]

I don't think people expect to MAKE money. I'm pretty sure they think they will get their money back.....which we both know is seldom the case.
It's a little bit like construction costs in that people wish they'd done the restoration 15 years ago when labor was cheaper. Some bite the bullet and restore a car expecting cars to keep appreciating. But cars are so much more cyclical.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 01, 2019, 01:16:17 PM
LOL !
Tough crowd around here.

Reminder to self.... BEFORE ever contemplating selling ? post a "WIW" thread here first, lest I make the "delusional" thread.

I wouldn't do that! I've been "featured" 3 or 4 times in the "delusional" section....but I always get the Charger sold for really close to my estimated sale price.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60