News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Quote from: RiverRaider on October 29, 2020, 12:33:52 PM
Would I be correct that it is also an air conditioned car?  A little high and money pit for sure, but that might not be that crazy of a price if is really all matching numbers and there is a fender tag and build sheet proving RT/SE and a Mr. Norms car.    It would have been better to get it before they started cutting it up.  It would likely have already been sold if was still all assembled with 5k of new parts.

Yes that is an air conditioning firewall with the big hole for the fan motor
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

QuoteIf the parts in the boxes look as bad as the rusted shell, they are just as worthless.

And yet if the car was still assembled then the project would sell for a lot more.  Because it still makes a big difference to have all those parts, even in worn out condition.  

I'm not saying the project is worth $20k.  I'm just saying it's worth more than the pic of the shell alone.    

Kern Dog

Yeah, I agree there.
Sometimes, the cars that are rusted to the roof still have interior parts that can be restored. The dry, desert cars often have wasted interiors!

Homerr

A fender tag and broadcast sheet would go a long way toward helping this one out, but no mention of them.

Challenger340

I love seeing that R/T SE asking $20K, and even better if people here agree it may be worth only half that much...... if that ?

So in your opinion.....
if that R/T SE with all the parts etc in boxes is a fair deal at say "maybe" $10K ? because it's a Charger R/T SE ....
Plus the restoration $$$$$ ?
Plus unsure if there even is a Fender Tag or B-Sheet ?

Then....
what's this R/T SE survivor worth ? all original sheet metal, VIN stampings,, #'s matching drivetrain and most all Parts, un-restored, un-rebuilt and unchanged same as when delivered new with it's Fender tag and B-Sheet (verifiable same-same) and still running well ?
Yep.... Exhaust is still original.... window felts/rubbers all still perfect, even the damn buzzer still sounds if you leave the headlights ON and turn the engine OFF ?
Because we couldn't get diddly for this one when we tried ?   
IMO, delusional valuation disconnect !

Only wimps wear Bowties !

jefferson

Challanger340. Are u looking at selling?
If so id be interested.

73rallye440magnum

Beautiful car! Where are the headrests?

If completely rust free- $45k?  :scratchchin:
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

XH29N0G

Someone took really good care of that car.  It is nice to see.  Thanks
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Challenger340

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on October 29, 2020, 10:54:01 PM

If completely rust free- $45k?  :scratchchin:

Nov 1968 build, Headrests didn't become std equipment until Jan/69.

If worth $45K ? That sorta highlights my point around the other R/T SE we were discussing that might be a 'fair deal' somewhere ~$10K ? because given the restoration costs I just don't think anyone would ever be done & finished under another $75+K..... and we're still not sure about Fender Tag/Broadcast Sheet ? etc., nor provenance/lineage/pedigree ?
My point being....
I believe there still may remain somewhat of a DISCONNECT in market valuations between what people buy complete wrecks for ? with the intent of then 'restoring' and those costs associated ?
and,
what can be purchased within the marketplace already done/finished or in this case still 'surviving' in original well maintained condition and provenance back to brand new, running well with NO issues ?
and yes... completely rust free.

Challenger340

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 30, 2020, 07:09:08 AM
Someone took really good care of that car.  It is nice to see.  Thanks

USN Fighter Pilot(still alive) bought it brand new in San Diego, maintained it meticulously until late 70's.... then Sold it, but then subsequently only logged 8,000 more miles on the Odometer between 1983 and 2013 when I found it.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 08:18:26 AM

If worth $45K ?

I think there is a disconnect with reality in this thread.  That survivor '69 RT/SE will sell for $60-70k all day long.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Mike DC

QuoteI think there is a disconnect with reality in this thread.  That survivor '69 RT/SE will sell for $60-70k all day long.

My thoughts too. 

Challenger340

Quote from: jefferson on October 29, 2020, 10:09:02 PM
Challanger340. Are u looking at selling?
If so id be interested.

Nope.... we gave up trying to sell, and extended family has now kiboshed any further thoughts.

My only intent is to highlight the what I believe, IMO, is a complete disconnect in market valuations between absolute WRECKS and the money they seem to attract highlighted here in this Delusional Sellers thread ?
Versus
what can.... or could be purchased for what I believe is a fraction of the Total purchase/restoration costs of the wrecks ?

We could NOT sell this one when we tried !
Nobody wants a column shift Auto !
No matter Un-restored, Un-rebuilt, un-molested, factory X9 Black, V1X, V88, CRT, A47, N97.... yada, yada 'time capsule' all easily provable and verifiable still same today as when brand new UN-changed/Fender Tag/pristine B-Sheet.... even with provenance/history right back to brand new with original owner ? (still alive)
Nobody wanted a column shift 440/Auto !
Doesn't matter if it still goes like a raped ape.... and can lay rubber right into 2md gear on the tight sure grip, walks all over 'restored' 4-stick Cars.... Nobody wants a column shift Auto !
The offers we received were ridiculous...
So.... gotta believe in fate, it will stay in the family and get handed down, and I've made arrangements both personal and financial so that can happen

INTMD8

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 09:06:45 AM
We could NOT sell this one when we tried !

Only because I didn't know it was for sale.  :icon_smile_big:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Challenger340

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on October 30, 2020, 08:51:37 AM

If worth $45K ?

I think there is a disconnect with reality in this thread.  That survivor '69 RT/SE will sell for $60-70k all day long.

HAH !
I wish.... we couldn't even get an Offer of $50K last time back when we tried !
Gotta believe in fate I guess ?
So it'll stay in the family....and  I've made arrangements so that can happen.

Again, my only point being..... the "disconnect" ?
Because back when we were trying to Sell, we could watch absolutely junk R/T's and R/T SE's going for $20K to $25K and requiring complete restorations ?

Which made absolutely no sense to me ? and was very frustrating ?

All I can say is I think many, many more people seem to be able to come up with $20K-$25K to "get into a Charger".... no matter condition/required Resto etc., and plan to then spend over time/DIY work plans ?
versus
there are those that can afford to acquire a Charger already done/finished or in this case still surviving in great condition ?

And in my opinion only....
this is an important thing to remember when assessing "DELUSIONAL" as we are doing in this Thread ?

IMO,
many BUYERS are equally "delusional" based in their passion in wanting to get into a Charger anyway they can within their means, even knowing full well that by the time they are finished it will cost them many times MORE $ in the end !

timmycharger

"many BUYERS are equally "delusional" based in their passion in wanting to get into a Charger anyway they can within their means..... even knowing full well by the time they are finished it will cost them many times MORE in the end ! "

Not sure that is delusional if they can't afford 50k in lump sum  :shruggy:  It took me close to 20 years to restore my Charger which is just a basic 318 green/green car from the factory.   With 3 young kids at the time and owning a home, chipping in a few thousand at a time was the only way for some of us to realize our dreams.

What IS delusional in my opinion is someone looking for a running/driving car that just needs some minor stuff for 20K..

Challenger340

Quote from: timmycharger on October 30, 2020, 09:42:05 AM
"many BUYERS are equally "delusional" based in their passion in wanting to get into a Charger anyway they can within their means..... even knowing full well by the time they are finished it will cost them many times MORE in the end ! "

What IS delusional in my opinion is someone looking for a running/driving car that just needs some minor stuff for 20K..

Agreed !

Anyone remember back when Lennard was selling his '70 Charger R/T ? Same thing... RIDICULOUS !

I guess I'm just sour grapes because of what I experienced ? same as what Lennard was back then ?

People wanted a running/driving R/T SE surviving in great original condition rust free for under $50K.... because it's a column shift ?
and because...
this for even $10K(half the asking) in this condition because it's supposedly an "R/T SE" pedigree is just NUTS !   Just amazing to me what some people think ?

I mean I think this fella should be happy to get someone to Pay his light Bill this month and take it away to clear out his Shop without have to PAY THEM ?

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 09:31:41 AM
Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on October 30, 2020, 08:51:37 AM

If worth $45K ?

I think there is a disconnect with reality in this thread.  That survivor '69 RT/SE will sell for $60-70k all day long.

HAH !
I wish.... we couldn't even get an Offer of $50K last time back when we tried !
Gotta believe in fate I guess ?
So it'll stay in the family....and  I've made arrangements so that can happen.

That's surprising to hear.  It's a black survivor '69 RT/SE.  To me, seems column shift is a minor detractor.  Hell, it even makes in unique.  Wouldn't stop me from buying if I was in the market. 

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 09:31:41 AM
All I can say is I think many, many more people seem to be able to come up with $20K-$25K to "get into a Charger".... no matter condition/required Resto etc., and plan to then spend over time/DIY work plans ?
versus
there are those that can afford to acquire a Charger already done/finished or in this case still surviving in great condition ?

And in my opinion only....
this is an important thing to remember when assessing "DELUSIONAL" as we are doing in this Thread ?

IMO,
many BUYERS are equally "delusional" based in their passion in wanting to get into a Charger anyway they can within their means, even knowing full well that by the time they are finished it will cost them many times MORE $ in the end !

I agree, some folks are a bit delusional in what they expect to spend to get a drivable car.  But the reason it's easier to sell a $20k project than a $50k driver is because many people can't afford to throw down 50k.  So, they throw down 20k with plans to put more money in over time.  Many people then realize what it takes to finish a car and the result is a bunch of disassembled cars for sale for a lot of money. 

IMHO, most folks should just save as much as they can over time until they can afford a driver.  Realize the life commitment required to restore a project and be honest with themselves as to their ability to take such a project on.  Few can.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

darbgnik

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 09:57:57 AM
Anyone remember back when Lennard was selling his '70 Charger R/T ? Same thing... RIDICULOUS !

I was gonna mention that. If I was active on this site when Leon was selling his 70, I would have bought it, even though I had mine already.....

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 30, 2020, 09:57:57 AM
People wanted a running/driving R/T SE surviving in great original condition rust free for under $50K.... because it's a column shift ?

That's also silly..... the column shift get's you the buddy seat, which I now think I like better than the console.
Also, by the way, only 45K for it is also delusional, IMO.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

MoparMike68

That's also silly..... the column shift get's you the buddy seat, which I now think I like better than the console.
Also, by the way, only 45K for it is also delusional, IMO.

I chose the buddy seat over the console because you can flip that bitch up and take a nap. :lol:

73rallye440magnum

I'm the only one that posted a ballpark starting point, and I got flogged as a delusional buyer.  :icon_smile_question:
What was the asking price when it was available and did not sell?

Definitely an interesting dynamic to the conversation, though. Rollers with unrestored body and missing drivetrain components don't struggle to bring a consistent $15k. I'm sure we could jump a few years back in this thread and find some 'bargains'!
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Challenger340

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on November 01, 2020, 09:43:35 AM
I'm the only one that posted a ballpark starting point, and I got flogged as a delusional buyer.  :icon_smile_question:
What was the asking price when it was available and did not sell?

Definitely an interesting dynamic to the conversation, though. Rollers with unrestored body and missing drivetrain components don't struggle to bring a consistent $15k. I'm sure we could jump a few years back in this thread and find some 'bargains'!

A year ago in what I believe were more stable markets ?
we tried asking $75K CND which was only $57K USD and we thought was fair.... got offered $60K CND or just under $46K USD

IMO, the entire reason for this thread and the highlighting of Seller's asking Delusional Prices ?  
is at least partially because of speculative pressures looking to profit at resale.....
with,
the "entry" level enthusiasts ?
then getting shafted/squeezed, and stuck buying/bidding on absolute JUNK for $15-$25K because that's all they can afford with nothing left "in between" those and the disconnected/speculative resale upper market.

I mean WHERE is the "in between" market for Buyers ?

Drache

Not a Charger but a MOPAR

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/vancouver-barracuda-notchback-coupe/7245714302.html

Quotebarracuda notchback /coupe 318 two barrel automatic 904 transmission 8 3/4 rear end (originally a 318 car however not numbers matching) currently flat black,gold 1967 grill and hood (car was originally buckets and console green v8 car with tow package rare combination ) runs well all light and gauges work, needs some finishing. $32,000 .
I have a 1967 front clip on it however I have the hood, nose and a partial grill for a 1969 model . new light weight starter. new window gaskets and metal work complete freshened engine and transmission. I will post more pics when I have time.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

Quote from: Drache on December 12, 2020, 10:45:46 AM
Not a Charger but a MOPAR

...barracuda notchback /coupe 318 two barrel automatic 904 transmission... needs some finishing. $32,000

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: