News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Well , Ive  had this car for about a year now and its time to do the body. I did the engine compartment and drivetrain already.  All is well now. Oh the numbers 440 is long gone so I put i a 472 Hemi crate.g
Car is really solid needs rt quarter and a small amount of lower rear window patching,along with lower left quarter. Im probably going to do both full quarters to be sure the rust is gone.. Floors and trunk floor are awesome.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

fy469rtse

My new favorite thread  :popcrn: :popcrn: :yesnod:
keep posting brian, nothing is too boring, so detail, please
was waiting for you to get to this car  :2thumbs:
most people would have left it alone , looked good to start with, will be just perfect after

tan top

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing updates & pictures & stuff  :yesnod: ..... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 30, 2014, 04:14:17 PM
My new favorite thread  :popcrn: :popcrn: :yesnod:
keep posting brian, nothing is too boring, so detail, please
was waiting for you to get to this car  :2thumbs:
most people would have left it alone , looked good to start with, will be just perfect after

It takes good pics. I mean don't get me wrong it's a decent car, but it has its issues as they all do. The rt quarter was replaced early in life using the awesome pop rivet method. It then got caved again, that time they smeared in an inch of gombo. Which has since cracked a lot. To make that look better someone caulked the cracks and touch up painted the caulk. It has 42xxx miles ,but I don't there were too many easy ones.

marshallfry01

I love these threads! What color combo are you gonna do?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: marshallfry01 on November 30, 2014, 06:44:16 PM
I love these threads! What color combo are you gonna do?

Back to factory f8 green. Most likely with the factory antique green vinyl top. If they are available again by then. Sms has some but the material sample the sent is reall thin. Kinda scares me.

Quote from: tan top on November 30, 2014, 06:02:42 PM
:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing updates & pictures & stuff  :yesnod: ..... :popcrn:

Thanks Steve .

bigdsul

Impressive! How much time do expect the project to take to get the car ready for new metal? I've always been interested in body work but don't have the skills to take on Such a task.

charge69

It loos like a great starting point.  Congrats to you and please keep us updated on the progress with plenty of pictures.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bigdsul on November 30, 2014, 09:01:24 PM
Impressive! How much time do expect the project to take to get the car ready for new metal? I've always been interested in body work but don't have the skills to take on Such a task.

To get it ready or to get the metal installed?

72Charger-SE

Anxiously watching and learning..    :popcrn:

moparnation74

Looking great!  Keep the Steelies plz!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparnation74 on November 30, 2014, 09:46:50 PM
Looking great!  Keep the Steelies plz!

I will be keeping them, but I do have a set of keystones for the occasional change of moods.

bill440rt

Knowing you and your expertise Brian, you'll have the metal work done and in paint by January.   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  No more popcorn. :'(   I'll have to have something different.

jaak

Can't wait to see it finished! Always enjoy keeping up with your threads  :2thumbs:

It's just an added bonus that it is the best color available on 69's..... F8  :drool5:

Jason

Dino

Sometimes I wonder if I should get my car back to its original F8, but I'm still getting rid of the green interior and I doubt I want the white top it once had.

Will be following this one closely.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Green, green and white sure is an interesting combination though.

Dino

It is, but the green interior just doesn't work for me.  If it was darker and let's say made of leather it would be another story.  A white interior would've been nice though but I drive the car so much I'll just go with black.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

hemi68charger

Looking forward to the continued progress.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Here are a couple pics from earlier this year when i did the Hemi install to tie you over .