News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Well since apparently no on will reply without pics , here ya go. Quarters finally got here Friday late. Went right to spraying sound deadoner on the insides of them. I forgot to take pics of that.

Saturday morning I got to the shop at 2:30 am and got at it. I worked through the day and had Both quarters on , welded, and ground at 9:00 pm

One whipped pup......

This morning i went to the shop at 9:30 and did some clean up on the grinding. touched up a few welds,then went home to plow snow before Seth's birthday party at 1:00. Party ended about 4pm. I got back to the shop at 4:15 and stripped the ecoat off the exterior of the 1/4s and the trunk lid, masked it and shot it with some epoxy.

METAL work done!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Homerr on January 11, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
You are a machine!  

Yeah well, now that I've stopped I've started to cramp up......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

fy469rtse

sorry brian , but we like photo's
and its nice to see a shop and work that looks professional, mine always looks like the aftermath of some disaster scene
:2thumbs:,
god the more i see of this car the more i like it, in great shape even when you open her up for surgery

tan top

:scope:  yikes !!   been busy !!    looking good !!  great stuff  :cheers:  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak

Looking good Brian. You know how I mentioned the other day your posts inspire me... well after your last post, I started back on my 68, stripping it for body work. I also ordered a lower rear quarter for the right side (its the worst rust). Well after stripping about 2/3rds of the car, my sander broke. And my quarter showed up Thursday, and UPS decided it needed to be shaped like a banana  :flame:. So my luck hasn't been going as well, lol. Plan on getting me a new DA this week, the vendor the the quarter patch are sending me another panel and filing a claim with UPS.

I need to do like your doing, work on my car in the early AM hours, I did that a lot with my 69, seems like I got more done in the peace and quiet like that, and sometimes that was the only free time I had to work on it.

Quoteits nice to see a shop and work that looks professional, mine always looks like the aftermath of some disaster scene

Same way with me, fy469rtse.... looks like a bomb went off in my shop, lol.

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on January 12, 2015, 08:28:25 AM
Looking good Brian. You know how I mentioned the other day your posts inspire me... well after your last post, I started back on my 68, stripping it for body work. I also ordered a lower rear quarter for the right side (its the worst rust). Well after stripping about 2/3rds of the car, my sander broke. And my quarter showed up Thursday, and UPS decided it needed to be shaped like a banana  :flame:. So my luck hasn't been going as well, lol. Plan on getting me a new DA this week, the vendor the the quarter patch are sending me another panel and filing a claim with UPS.

I need to do like your doing, work on my car in the early AM hours, I did that a lot with my 69, seems like I got more done in the peace and quiet like that, and sometimes that was the only free time I had to work on it.

Quoteits nice to see a shop and work that looks professional, mine always looks like the aftermath of some disaster scene

Same way with me, fy469rtse.... looks like a bomb went off in my shop, lol.

Jason

Thanks again Jason . It is nice working then. No distractions ! Although there have been a couple times where people just leaving the bars have seen the lights on.......

I hope your luck turns around soon.

Thanks guys.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 11, 2015, 10:00:28 PM
Quote from: Homerr on January 11, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
You are a machine!  

Yeah well, now that I've stopped I've started to cramp up......

Exactly.  You let a machine sit around and it begins to seize up, get back to work. ;)

Shakey

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Shakey on January 15, 2015, 04:18:52 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 15, 2015, 06:21:47 AM

...get back to work. ;)

:lol:

Ok guys I will. Going to start doing the filler work tommorow and during vaca time next week. Here are some pics as of now. (well late yesterday afternoon)

72Charger-SE

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Chad.

Well, I got a start on the filler work. fenders , cowl vent panel,and dutchman panel(inc. inner sail panels) are in poly surfacer.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fy469rtse

Charger-Bodie

A big thanks to the guys who keep posting.  :cheers:

Heres what it looks like now at the end of day 4 of body work fest.

jaak

Great work as usual Brian. Like I said earlier, your threads make me get off my butt and get to working. I am not quick as you but since I started following this thread, I got the 68 Stripped, ordered a lower quarter (second one came in the other day, in good shape), and started fabricating a few pieces for patches needed here and there. Hopefully start fitting/welding in patches this weekend. 

Got a question, in the pics where you show the poly surfacer applied, how many coats do you apply?

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on January 20, 2015, 09:02:29 PM
Great work as usual Brian. Like I said earlier, your threads make me get off my butt and get to working. I am not quick as you but since I started following this thread, I got the 68 Stripped, ordered a lower quarter (second one came in the other day, in good shape), and started fabricating a few pieces for patches needed here and there. Hopefully start fitting/welding in patches this weekend. 

Got a question, in the pics where you show the poly surfacer applied, how many coats do you apply?

Jason

It depends , but usually 4 coats. Thanks again Jason. Glad your making progress.

JB400

Looks good :2thumbs:  Is there a reason why you done just the front half one day, and then the back half the other day?  Or was it just a matter of not enough time to do the whole thing at once?

Charger-Bodie

It all had to be body worked , and that takes the time. Plus , it would be a lot to spray that much poly surfacer at one time. Better in smaller groupings.

Ghoste

72Charger-SE

Love watching the progress Brian!  Someone on here said it before... you are a Machine!   Amazing work!   :2thumbs:

Homerr

Wow, less than 2 months so far and an amazing amount of work already done!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 22, 2015, 08:38:19 AM
Brian, stupid question, is Poly Surfer a high build primer?

Yes. It's polyester. It's a lot like fiberglass gel coat with lots of talc for build.